I WON!!!!!!!!

Tank Girl

I just got this;

Congratulations! Your poem has been chosen as a winner and is currently on display in the

poetry gallery. To see your poem, click here http://www.neopets.com/contributions_poems.phtml .

Your prizes have been awarded and should be in your account.

I've ALWAYS wanted to win this competition ever since I started playing Neo :D :D :D

I got it for my poem about the NC Mall's birthday, which I actually thought was pretty bad. It really reminds me of the poetry in Mr Deeds! haha

Congrats Shannon !! Two amazing events in one day for you !!! I never heard anything about my AC poem ,, although it was really good .. :( :(

what was your prize ???

I just wrote a poem for Coltzan's Day and submitted it ... tell me what you think ...

Blessed by the King himself

It sits proudly on my shelf

A magical marvel from days of old

It glistens and sparkles with pure gold

The eyes shine with a strange glare

No one can withstand that powerful stare

They say if you make a wish at midnight

It'll be granted with the first ray of light

But not every one have that sort of luck

Deceive it and you'll be struck

In the sands of time forever stuck

It knows who is really of virtue

My Golden Coltzan Statue ...

I figured every one will be writing about Coltzan's ghost or shrine , so I went in a different direction

Blessed by the King himself

It sits proudly on my shelf

A magical marvel from days of old

It glistens and sparkles with pure gold

The eyes shine with a strange glare

No one can withstand that powerful stare

They say if you make a wish at midnight

It'll be granted with the first ray of light

But not every one have that sort of luck

Deceive it and you'll be struck

In the sands of time forever stuck

It knows who is really of virtue

My Golden Coltzan Statue ...

I won a Screal, which is very, very lame considering some people get PB's worth millions. Thankfully I'm not doing it for the prizes though :P

That's a really excellent poem Angelo! If TNT have any sense they'll put you in there ;)

TNT have no sense at all :P but they have good taste for choosing yours .. I read it 3 times and it got more interesting every time I did .. I guess that's the beauty of poetry

I've always been interested in the Poetry Trophy but I never thought about actually entering until a couple weeks ago ... I mean , I used to write lyrics for real bands ... why not make it Neopets-themed ?

I just submitted another one , considering it's almost 4 AM and I've been hallucinating with my books all day , it should make it :P

A space station briefly glows

As a full moon is reflected

Upon an under-water city

A pirate ship gently sails across

What a serene view you must say

We sure don't see this every day

It's just the calm before the storm

This is the Championship round

Every Pirate,Grundo,Fish and Robot

Getting Ready to battle it out

And soon one of these lands

Will have the cup in their hands

Aww thanks :wub_anim:

I wrote it in about 15 minutes and I was soo tired, I'm really surprised it got in! It's something I've always wanted to do ever since I first heard about the competition. Finally got the guts to do it and not get upset if I don't hear anything :P

That's cooool! I've helped my bf with the lyrics for his band and solo album but I'm definitely no song writer. That's a real talent, to be able to put words to music and make it sound good ^_^

Oooh that's really awesome, Angelo! You'll have that trophy in no time :)

I really don't think The Faerie Shoyru will appear in there so I may as well share it;

Majestically she sours, with open wings

into the milky twilight above the clouds.

The air is fresh and sharp,

whistling past her as she darts

to and fro, laughing as she goes.

She is free here;

the wind speaks secrets of the night

as the sun says farewell,

revealing twinkling lights

and a moon that glows full.

She dreams to touch those sparkling diamonds

that seem to smile and somehow taunt,

as if aware of their splendid beauty

that shines out of reach

amid the blackness of the sky.

Oh what joy to fly beneath

the stars that burn with such intensity!

What utter repose it is to be

in a presence such as thee!

A rumbling cumulus falls away

unveiling below

the mighty tops of ashen trees

that swoon with every gust of wind

making music with their leaves

She spies those windows

of cosy abodes with chimneys smoking.

The thought of warmth envelops her

and as the cold bites down

she resolves to go back home.

"Until tomorrow stars that blaze!"

She cries into the evening sky

"When deplete do the sun’s rays

until tomorrow, I say goodbye!"

Maybe nearer Shoyru Day? *shrug*

EDIT: Thankyew Racheykins!! :D

Mehh, I really don't think it will. Might be a bit too random for them to put in :/

I really hope yours get into the competition ^_^ Your poems are awesome. I find it really difficult to write poems about Neopets a lot of the time o_O

Congrats~! I can write prose, but never poetry -.-;;. So I'm utterly envious of those who can do so!

As for your potential next entry, I think it's rather good! The whole story it tells is light-hearted yet captivating enough for the reader to want to read the next stanza, well done!

are you going to make one for tuskaninny day?

i've just made one, more chance for the trophy!

well done on you win, hope you're going to submit more poems.

have you made one for coltzan day?

I'm not sure yet :/ I don't like to force poetry really or it all turns out like my NC poem, which I'm actually a little embarrassed about :P Plus I'm also drawing at the moment for the Art Contest, so I need to focus on that too :)

The deadline for Coltzan poetry is over I think so I wont be entering anything for that. I'll definitely be submitting more soon though once I get some inspiration, hehe :P

Congratulations for getting held over! I really hope it makes it. Same with your Tuskaninny poem!

I'm not sure yet :/ I don't like to force poetry really or it all turns out like my NC poem, which I'm actually a little embarrassed about :P Plus I'm also drawing at the moment for the Art Contest, so I need to focus on that too :)

The deadline for Coltzan poetry is over I think so I wont be entering anything for that. I'll definitely be submitting more soon though once I get some inspiration, hehe :P

Congratulations for getting held over! I really hope it makes it. Same with your Tuskaninny poem!

thnx, i hope it's being published, but everybody wants that...

but it's held over, and that's something to be really proud of :laughingsmiley:!!!

the Tuskaninny poem is a bit...strange....

i can PM it if you want to read it :laughingsmiley:

so... you're going to participate in the art contest, awesome, i'm not really good at drawing, unless it's for a mark on school :whistle:, but i don't think they're going to ask for a neopets drawing in my 3rd year on high school :rolleyes_anim:

when you've finished it, could you send it to me, i want to see it :laughingsmiley:

xxx lisauntie:-P

Strange gets noticed ;) I like strange.

Feel free to message me it if you like ^_^

I'm entering ALL the contests, ahah! I've got the Petpet Spotlight before, which I want for all of my pets as well as the Pet Spotlight. Also will be entering the BC, Gallery Competition, Neohome Spotlight, Random Contest... Everything!

Submitted my picture for Kiko Day in the Art Contest.. Haven't heard anything yet. Don't really know how it works, never entered before!

There's a picture on Lemoncurd's description if you wanna have a look as en example of my 'art', though I don't always draw like that. I have a few different styles :P

wow...those are many contests, i'm good with words, except the caption contest, i don't like that one... and it's advertising and i'm not good at advertising-stuff... :rolleyes_anim:

Yeahhh the Caption Contest is hard! I've entered it once about 20 times on the same caption but I didn't get in :(

Angelo is the expert in that area ;)