OldNeo - Giving Away Join Codes

Lemur

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated in the oldneo website, this is because of the HUGE influx of brazilian players joining the site, and swamping the neoboards with non-English threads. Only TWO people take care of the site, and neither of them speak brazilian. There was also a huge request for help in brazilian (or translated horribly using Google Translate), which is why they've blocked the IP for now.

That's hilarious. I once signed up for an account at a new rock music-related site a few years ago. Brazilians swamped it, started posting about their eternal love for the Backstreet Boys, and everyone left.

It wasn't because they were Brazilian, but because every page you went to, there was nothing but shout-outs for the Backstreet Boys. The people that ran the site ended up changing the name of the site, and then finally shutting down for good.

oh, and may I have a join code? I'm curious to check out oldneo.

!"We are sorry that we can't accept Brazilian users. Our apologies."

OMFG, THAT'S SO HILARIOUS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND TNT SHOULD SUE YOUR xD

For your information, I know at least 2 brasilian users who created a account on your site, before you started asking for Join Codes ;)

you just blocked thei IP... that's low.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. The words have been removed. Also please do not double post. If you wish to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

@Cornflakes: like I care :D

<3

all your hate for the brazilian people is just nonsense :)

a piece of advice: Life's to short to be spent hating someone. Others are fine with that, for them, you're nothing but trash, but you keep all the bad energie to yourself, and that's not good. Remember, what comes, it goes (and vice-versa), karma is tricky. You will pay for all that hatred someday, keep that in mind (and brazilians don't deserve your hatred).

Again, I remember, sorry if I write something wrong, I'm portugues.

I wish (and wished always) the best of luck with the site, because I know that many users are happy with this idea (wich I think it's brilliant btw), I just point the finger to your selfish, sad xenophobic act :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

oohuguhoo, Just because some random dude said they hate Brazillians on the boards, doesn't mean everyone else on OldNeo is. You're getting it wrong. You're being very unreasonable here, and I think I can conclude you didn't bother reading the full notice.

As mentioned, it's just too much of a hassle to have only a small cast of people managing a website and having added stress with having to deal with people you can't communicate very well with. It's not xenophobia. Imagine finding yourself in a new country and instead of you asking others questions, they're the one asking you. You might not necessarily shun them, but obviously you'd want to avoid the trouble if you can't really help them too much in the end. IP Banning might only be a temporary thing, I guess.

@Grove: I'm not talking about everyone!

I'm just talking t the owner of the site.

Well, you see... some brazillian users who COULD enter the site, the next day, they couldn't anymore. What did they do? Easy: they just used a programme wich "hides" your IP. and just like that, those users could see the site again :)

As I'm told, the owner said she just doesn't want brazillian users (and said something about the language, I don't remember quite well), and then, other users started saying things related to hatre :)

You see, I don't want to disrespect any of you, I'm not even brazillian, I could just sit and watch, but I think someone should talk... I'm not the bad guy here, despite some of you might think.4

BTW, thank you for a honest and polite aswer :) (again, sorry my english xD)

@Grove: I'm not talking about everyone!

I'm just talking t the owner of the site.

As I'm told, the owner said she just doesn't want brazillian users (and said something about the language, I don't remember quite well), and then, other users started saying things related to hatre :)

Lemur and Grey are only two people, and they were having difficulty communicating with users who didn't speak English. The majority of the non-English speakers were from Brazil, therefore they blocked the IP. Brazilians were only specifically targeted because they were most of the problem. I'm operating under the assumption that they were the largest non-English speaking demographic, therefore they were the ones who got banned.

It's a very small site, and thus it makes sense for them to limit to people who can speak English.

As for the rest of the Oldneo users...well, I can't speak for them. Some of them spoke out in blind hate.

Personally, as an Oldneo user, I was getting pretty intimidated by the influx of board topics that weren't in English. While I don't think that specifically targeting the Brazilian IP was necessarily the best solution, I understand why they did it.

I'm sure if Brazilians were able to show Lemur and Grey that they were fluent in English, they would be allowed back onto the site. For now though, it's just too much stress for them to try and communicate with users who don't speak their language.

I'd love an invite / log-in code as well just for reasons of nostalgia. I've been a member of Neopets since 1999 (yes - one of the first). How "old" is oldneo?

Think circa 2006 Neo...that's about where OldNeo is. Pre-customization, with simple php games. So to you, it might be "NewNeo"! :laughingsmiley:

@Manta: I understand, thank you :)

and yes, there are so many brazillians who speak english perfectly. but just a warning: (ok, this is quite obvious I think xD) some brazillian users were thinking about "hiding" their IP, create new e-mails and pretend to be american.

I'm just saying this because I think it's kinda ridiculous (some were so desesperated o.o) and maybe unfair.

I would love to enter that site (maybe, even trade completly Neopets for Oldneo), who knows, some day :)

can i get an invite code, i kinda want to relive neopets when BD/draik/krawk items didnt inflate like mad(srsly 11mil for a draik/krawk trans, if you get a good deal)