What Are The Neo Rules on ...........

Angeló

insulting other members in your native language ?? it's a hypothetical question .. I'd never do that ... but since I speak 2 languages that not many people on Neo speak *Arabic and Lithuanian, besides English of course* I was wondering .... what if a Russian or a Greek person used an insult in his language on the neoboards ?? can TNT detect that ?

It would probably get you banned/silenced, more quickly if the post was reported. TNT isn't as quick to pick up on foreign languages, but the rules are the same regardless of the language.

I recently started a thread about foreign languages on Neopets--I think it's an interesting question. From what I've seen I actually doubt you'd get caught.... but I wouldn't risk it, either.

You will get caught. It may take a little longer, but it will happen.

About a year ago I created a pet named Dhureon. It was removed, and I was given an official warning, because it contains a curse word in German [which I didn't even know until they told me lol].

It's something that might take you a while to get caught on, but it will happen eventually. D: Most people on Neopets speak English, but it's only a matter of time until someone knows the word, or even more likely, uses an online translator to figure out what you're typing.

And once you get caught, especially if you're typing it on the Neoboards, you will get in just as much trouble for an English curse word, if not more. (I say more because sometimes TNT is very vindictive about people bypassing the word filter).

I think you would eventually get caught, but it is potentially trickier for languages like Cantonese, where wordplay can be so effective. For example, if 史廖林白蔡 is run through a translator, then it would come up as five seperate surnames (it's a very sensible phrase) , but when you phonetically pronounce it, it literally sounds and translates to "poo (and) wee pour (on) white vegetables". The issue there is that you could so easily abuse it and use phoentic pronounciations to ... well, be rude. Not to mention there's MILLIONS of slang characters and phrases that I don't think will be picked up by translators either.

Guest iYoshinho

Neopets do have international staff and staff that speak multiple languages so either the international staff hunt you down or basic staff but a little longer.