O.M.G

Emily

This is my first year actually trying to get a higher rank than beginner or 1. After looking at the rank requirements, I got to wondering how people have the patience to play 2000+ games to get the highest rank. I played 50 games of yooyuball today and 4 of each of the others and I'm already starting to lose interest. For the people that do manage to get the higher ranks, how do you do it? Do you find it's better to stick to yooyuball and slushie slinger because they give the most points? I realized even if I were to play 50 games/day all month, I wouldn't even be at half the number of points needed for the top rank. How on earth do people do it?

Either they are just that devoted or have nothing better to do with their time and should really consider finding a hobby.

I can play maybe 20 games of YYB a day.

After that I'm just too tired.

Personally, I plan to achieve All Star with mostly SOSD this year. I can play 12 games (equal to 1 YYB win) in 2 minutes. If I played 800 a day, for 30 days (which would get me to All Star) it would take me just over 2 hours a day.

I almost wish the ranking was done by scoring rather than number of plays. To get points based on how good you are at the game, not based on the time you have to spend playing. It would even things out a little bit. Or to have a commbination of score based ranking and number of plays rankings. The only reason I managed to play 50 games today was because I was off work and not feeling all that great, so I spent most of the day on the couch. No way I'm going to be able to keep that up. I might try spritie's method of trying to get more points with SoSD.

I agree with Spritzie. I'm planning on getting most of mine by Shoot out show down. I currently can't get a score above the requirement for counting aka I'm scoring like 200 if that in Make some noise and apparently you need to score in the thousands :ohno: yeah, I really can't be hitting the keys THAT slowly compared to everyone else can I?

At Rank 2 at the moment, and If I keep this pace I should hit All-Star by the end of the 1st Round Robin.

It's all about devotion! Still have to work with my job, but it's all about using your time wisely :)

I've been trying off and on all day and haven't gotten a single goal. I think there's a technique I must be missing. It's time to hit the game guides.

Well... this is kind of a good strategy. Use the 1 attacker 3 defender setup. You run towards the yooyuball, when you are close you press space. It will launch you over the ball first. (Most of the time) and then you run to the goal, while charging a shot and try to aim for the corners (it is easier for the bottom corner). If the goalie gets the ball, run up to him and spam the spacebar. The goalie will shoot it into your hands (most of the time) and then you should still be spamming and it will shoot right in! That is the best way.

Wow, I never knew that 20 games of Yooyuball was an hour! I played for 4 hours! I heard that Yooyuball is really important though, so why isn't my team winning then? I'm playing a lot :( Plus what were the prizes for the past in the Altador Cup and how many points did you need to get it?

so why isn't my team winning then?

A LOT of people play a LOT of yooyuball, also its a group effort so its not just your efforts that count. Your yooyuball scores count more depending on your score. AKA its worth more to your team when you and your team submit scores like 10-1 versus 2-1 but again, its a team effort.

what were the prizes for the past in the Altador Cup and how many points did you need to get it?

Here's TDNs article on last years prizes http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/prizes-ac5/ with the top prize of a pirate paintbrush for 40000points.

A LOT of people play a LOT of yooyuball, also its a group effort so its not just your efforts that count. Your yooyuball scores count more depending on your score. AKA its worth more to your team when you and your team submit scores like 10-1 versus 2-1 but again, its a team effort.

Ok, thanks. Questions again :)

So it is important on how many goals I score for Yooyuball to earn my team points, but how about the other games? The higher the score for Make Some Noise, the higher the points my team gets, assuming I passed the minimum requirement of points?

And also, where can I see the people who support my team? Is there like a sign up sheet with their names for contact or anything?

Thanks again!

The higher the score for Make Some Noise, the higher the points my team gets, assuming I passed the minimum requirement of points?

And also, where can I see the people who support my team? Is there like a sign up sheet with their names for contact or anything?

TNT is a little vague on how the scoring weights/counts for the other games but yes, it is assumed that the better you do, the more it will help your team. There's no major list of people on each team because I assume there are thousands on each team. Some of the people on each team go on the neoboards and chat and get to know some of the members of their team but of course not everyone has access to the boards nor does everyone have a desire so that's still just part of the people on your team. Kiko Lake supports usually hang out in a tread with the title KLOWN which I believe stands for "Kiko Lake owns" or something of that effect. http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardlist.phtml?board=7

• 2 weeks later...

This is my hobby. I love playing Neopets. I also like pirates, so I play very hard for Krawk Island. It is very fun for me. This YYB was very tricky in the beginning but I figured out the controls and now, this is almost as easy as the initial YYB of years ago.

I did give up playing the sidegames because YYB does take more time. YYB is more important (I think) so, I focus on YYB only.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my hobby. I love playing Neopets. I also like pirates, so I play very hard for Krawk Island. It is very fun for me. This YYB was very tricky in the beginning but I figured out the controls and now, this is almost as easy as the initial YYB of years ago.

I did give up playing the sidegames because YYB does take more time. YYB is more important (I think) so, I focus on YYB only.

Yeah I had trouble getting started on the knew YYB format this year so I (gasp!) stopped playing it for a couple days. When I went back to it, I started to get my sea legs, develop some strategies, and now I've done over 1000 games and have a GPG of about 8.5

This is what I do for each game:

-YYB can be trying. I used to just think something like, "Oh I'll play for two hours and however many games that is blah blah blah..." It got tiring counting 1 game, 2 games, 3 games, etc. It just made the higher up numbers seem so far away that I got discouraged trying to reach them (though I still got Lvl. 8 rank somehow). This year, I've stumbled upon a chunking system that really seems to work for me. Instead of counting off 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-and so on, I think about them in sets of 5. 5 is a small number you can easily get to so the amount of time you have to put into it isn't as daunting. It's about 15 minutes per 5 too. Anyway, this way it becomes "1 set of 5, 2 sets of 5 (10 games), 3 sets of 5 (15)" and even though I'm still playing the game the same way, by changing my method of thinking I can rack up those games quick. I played, like, 103 games in this most recent round against Virtupets and broke 1000 games overall at the same time.

-Slushie Slinger, this chews up time easily so it's a bit of a tradeoff. You spend more time on it, but it passes the time quite well (can take about 6 minutes or so if you're good) and you play less games of it. So, I use it to pass time.

-Make Some Noise, don't so much think of it as a mad dash button mash (taptaptaptaptaptaptTAPTAPTAPTATAP!!!), but instead press the buttons in a rhythm with just a bit of speed. You'll get the minimum score pretty easily because the rhythm counts for a lot. I had given up playing this for a while because I couldn't get it to work but by adopting that strategy of focusing more on the rhythm than speed, I'm getting back into the mix so now I play sets in between games and stop when I'm no longer able to score 3000 minimum. Then I go back to it later.

-Shootout Showdown, there's no real major strategy for it; you just gotta develop your own system of getting those Yooyus into that goal AFAP (as fast as possible). The method I like to use is aim to the left just a bit (make sure the arrow is pointing that way too and is still in the net area), hold space just until the Jelly Chia moves from that side and release and PRESTO! Hundreds of 7 second games, meaning more bang for your buck. You can really rack up points in this game.

So anyways....yeah I know I just wrote a book, but I've really gotten into the AC festivites the last two years and have been working my butt off this year supporting Terror Mountain! Luckily I'm not taking any Summer classes this term and so have nothing better to do. :P