Lets get Yooyuball back!

-Ryan

Well, I like the new YYB! Of course in the old YYb, I would score more goals like 15 - 0 but still I love the new graphics and POWER! Yes POWER! The new freeze ray! The new bigger power! The new speed! And the new goal! HAHA! I'm the power! The power!!! *dragged to the altador hospital for crazy fans*

EDIT: Okay, I'm fine! This new YYB has great graphics which makes me play it unlike the old graphics. Though if they make changes like using mouse controls or keyboard, that would be fine. Though practice really makes perfect cause I always 14 goals per game!

I'm actually really annoyed that people are complaining. The new game redefines pros and if you can't stand the new game, then you don't HAVE to play it. Threatening to quit doesn't affect neopets at all, it only worsens your own team. You should have enough dedication to support your team no matter what.

Plus, it's actually challenging now, unlike the previous game which was grab and score every time.

I agree with noog. It's not the game change that matters but the team support we do for our team!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I still dislike it. Meh. =/

Atleast they're making some changes to it.

Btw, theres a comma in the title that shouldn't be there. Would the next staff member to read this post kindly remove it so I don't look like too much of an idiot? Thanks. :P

I'm actually really annoyed that people are complaining. The new game redefines pros and if you can't stand the new game, then you don't HAVE to play it. Threatening to quit doesn't affect neopets at all, it only worsens your own team. You should have enough dedication to support your team no matter what.

Plus, it's actually challenging now, unlike the previous game which was grab and score every time.

Have to agree with Noog on this one as well. Much more challenging, and I personally get more out of it. :king:

I still don't like it because the controls aren't working. Whenever the ball is in around a bunch of my players it just switches who the active player is like 80 times so that I keep going in the wrong direction.

I have to admit I like all the other things they've added but the controls are still not working :sad02:

Anybody have tips on getting a hang of the controls?

I don't think it's necessarily true that "the majority of Neopians" completely hate the new version. I think a very vocal minority intensely dislike it, but many are ambivalent about it. I've seen a few who actually prefer it, but they're less likely to be vocal about it.

I know I disliked the old game intensely; so much so that it took me at least 2 full AC's to get even halfway decent at it, because I couldn't even bear to play it enough to learn it. Even after I learned it, I found it monotonous: swoosh and click with the mouse, hit space, lather, rinse, repeat. The challenges last year made it slightly, slightly more interesting, but still, the game was basically at Pacman-level (memorize a few patterns and play them out -- except the YYB patterns were even shorter to memorize than a Pacman board). And so the AC was a simple endurance test: who wants to spend the most time on their computer?

I don't know yet whether I'll find the new game an improvement. Of course it's more difficult now, but a new build is coming out. I don't think the opponents should be able to strip the goalie of the ball (in what real sport is that allowed?), but if they fix the player-hopping and lag issues (seriously, the lag even before the Cup has officially started is horrendous!), it may not be so bad. And people might have to actually apply a little bit of strategy in the game, rather than relying on muscle memory and pattern recognition.

I can't get the hang of the new one at all, so Krawk will just have to make due with me playing side games :[

I can probably handle a lot of the updates, but I can't get the hang of the arrow keys instead of the mouse, and I hate not being able to see the entire field.

-Sky

Edit: @Noog Some of us don't have a lot of luxury time to spend frantically trying to actually win enough games to make a difference. Currently, I work a full time job with overtime, spend time with my wife, helping a friend code up a new forum, preparing to move, and working on a project motorhome. I'd prefer to be able to win a few games without upping my stress level before having to head off and do one of the many above things. Last summer wasn't much different, either.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the new one better the old one was to easy now it's a challenge you guys are just being stupid

I was so good at the old YYB, I could score up to 15 goals in one game, with complete control over which team member to play, and both my opponent and I moved at the same speeds, so they were easy to avoid, and now...

Now I can barely score 5 goals, everybodys running all over the place, I'm SLOWER than my opponent so they keep taking the ball from me and scoring against me, and I can't control who to play as, the computer decides for me! Honestly, what in the name of Xandra's missing glasses!?

I may just play the side games. And I loved YYB, it was my favorite and the one I played hte most... :sad02:

You are not slower than the opponent when I play I'm faster then the opponent even with the snow ball

If you need help go to the yooyu ball game guid

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first AC, so I learned it with arrow keys. I tried the old version, and I couldn't get it at all! So, I guess I like the arrow keys better. But, I think they should put an option for the mouse, or even better, the old version altogether. It would give people a choice.

i'm really upset they never changed it back. i broke my shoulder two weeks before the AC started and i was SO looking forwards to finally reaching All Star, seeing as the only thing i'd be able to do is play yyb with my one good hand. not only do you need TWO hands to play, but i can't even score one goal!! seriously, they totally ruined my summer. and i'm not even a student. like seriously, you have no idea how bad it sucks to have a broken shoulder, see a glimmer of hope, and have it crash down in front of you.

I tried the old version again, and the thing I really liked about it, was that you could pick your player. It would not randomly pick a player for you to control. Nevertheless, I'm too used to the new version to play with the old version.

Not to bother you but i'm okay with the new YYB controls.You just need a little more practice that's all.But still,i'm kinda upset of the MSN game.No matter how fast i type,its get slower and slower. :mellow:

... I've practiced, I get the game perfectly and I wish people would stop saying that cause then they sound like TNT ignoring problems.

The game is no fun.

I tried the old version again, and the thing I really liked about it, was that you could pick your player. It would not randomly pick a player for you to control. Nevertheless, I'm too used to the new version to play with the old version.

Thats how a lot of the veterans felt when NYYB came out and why a lot of them quit.

Well, we should learn to use our brains. In DC, if I want to play with Layton Vickles, I would chose Left to right and 2+2 formation as I would surely get LV. Next Tandrak Shaye, if I want to score with him, I would choose Right to left and 2+2 formation. And the defenders, I would choose 3+1 formation on any direction. So find yours atleast for the next year.

Well, we should learn to use our brains. In DC, if I want to play with Layton Vickles, I would chose Left to right and 2+2 formation as I would surely get LV. Next Tandrak Shaye, if I want to score with him, I would choose Right to left and 2+2 formation. And the defenders, I would choose 3+1 formation on any direction. So find yours atleast for the next year.

its not about that. we can all figure out how to change the formation to get the player we want out in front. its about not being able to choose, midgame, between our different players. if they would turn the stupid auto choose off it would make a big difference. i can't deal with controlling player A and ALL OF A SUDDEN i'm controlling player B. i don't know WHAT they were thinking when they unveiled this tragedy. why didn't they beta??? or at least give us the option between mouse and keys.