What AC Team Should I pick?

Do you have any favorite lands? Or perhaps favorite PB colors that go with a land? Like if Maraquan pets were your favorite, I'd recommend Maraqua. Or if Brightvale is your favorite land, go with Brightvale.

That's what I did. I choose Maraqua because it tied with Faerieland for my favorite land, and I love the PB color. I had a great time playing for Maraqua, so I will never play for another team.

well i plan on painting one pet desert and one pirate, but with the possible winners curse of LD i didnt want to pick them. So maybe Krawk island. But also alot of people are saing DC maybe the winner this year so i dont really know. :ohno:

You probably shouldn't just base your pick on who you think will win...

You should support a team for a real reason, like Spritzie says. What's the point of playing for a team you don't really feel that strongly about?

There's really no sure way to predict who will win, and personally, I'd have a harder time really pushing myself if I was playing for a team I didn't really care about that much. That's why I pick a team I enjoy, because whether they win or not, I feel more motivated and I enjoy it more.

I joined Maraqua last year because everyone seemed so nice. I wasn't too into it the previous years but because of the enthusiasm Team Maraqua had I played hard and met all my goals! They were supportive and fun and never berated anyone. I will go with them again no matter what! My advice is to look at some of the discussion boards and see where you fit in best. Some teams aren't very nice if you aren't a top player. Best of luck and most importantly have fun!

Just like what the 3 people above me said:

Don't join just because you think the team will win.

You can't really predict the winners of AC.

Everyone in the Maraquan team seem so nice(thats why I'm joining MQ).

So just think of what you really like. If you like the colors of any banner you can join that team or if your friends are joining a team, you can join it. :rolleyes_anim:

Go with Lutari Island. We're a sure winner, and we have a great community. Drop by the LOL board on Neo sometime to chat with us and meet the LOLutari or some of the Poobahs.

Yeah... I wouldn't go with the team just because they are going to win... I mean if you really like them I would but if you don't, I wouldn't. Its a competition and you should support your favorite.

Hang around the boards and check out different chat groups. Chat groups make the AC experience IMO and it is so much more enjoyable to play with teammates and friends. If you prefer a small, intimate community people tend to suggest smaller teams like KD, BV, VP, FL, etc. but remember that larger teams like LD and DC tend to have multiple chat groups with their own flavors as well. Find a place that you think you can fit in and have fun.

Go with Lutari Island. We're a sure winner, and we have a great community. Drop by the LOL board on Neo sometime to chat with us and meet the LOLutari or some of the Poobahs.

*slaps Ryan with a trout* *feeds trout to the Lutari* :laughingsmiley:

I know that I picked Lost Desert because I loved the Tug-o-War game and Coltzan's Shrine. Plus I love Egyptian themed stuff and hope to get a PB for my Shoyru one day. I'm certainly glad we won, don't get me wrong, but I would have stayed again this year even if we got third place the third time in a row.

I support Shenkuu because I love Ninja and Kung Fu movies since I was a kid ... also this land and culture fascinate me ... my neohome is in Shenkuu and everything about Shenkuu is very beautiful and serene ... even their team colors are my favorites (red and orange) ... plus Shenkuu players on the neoboards are very nice and we are determined to make a huge comeback this year :) This would be my third year playing for them <3

Pick what you feel is best, but I must put my two cents in and say that Darigan has an amazing track record. I've always supported the DC team, and they've honestly never let me down. Our supporters always play hard.

I'm at a loss for which team to choose too... I want to be able to earn as much points as possible for the prize shop, but is it true that if your team wins you get something special, like a trophy or more points or avvie or something?

I'm at a loss for which team to choose too... I want to be able to earn as much points as possible for the prize shop, but is it true that if your team wins you get something special, like a trophy or more points or avvie or something?

This is not true at all. Points for the prize shop are an individual thing and based only on how much you yourself play. Regardless of whether your team wins or loses, your points will be the same. The only thing the team affects will be what goes on your userlookup--teams placing first through third will get a trophy, everyone else gets a participant medal.

If you are a trophy hunter and just have to have a trophy on your userlookup, then pick a team that you think will do well in the Cup. This year's favorites include (but certainly not limited to!) teams such as KD, DC, RI, KI, and MQ. I'd recommend looking at a lot of analyst/predictions pages and statistics from past years to figure out a possible trophy-winner. Just remember that this Cup is also a lot more unpredictable than past ones and there are less gaps between teams in the upper two tiers than there used to be.

Edited for a spelling error.

Why is this cup any different than the previous ones??? I have played the the first cup, and then took a VERY long hiatus from neopets, so I am a bit confused as to how this cup works again... Do you still get points by playing the other mini games when your team is not up? i.e. the slushie mini game and the other one (can't remember what it was)

Why is this cup any different than the previous ones??? I have played the the first cup, and then took a VERY long hiatus from neopets, so I am a bit confused as to how this cup works again... Do you still get points by playing the other mini games when your team is not up? i.e. the slushie mini game and the other one (can't remember what it was)

In ACIII and beyond, all teams play in a double round robin tournament and played in respective tiers in the finals. It's generally assumed this year will be the same. Prize shop awards are always different. Top prize is usually a PB that reflects last year's winning team, so this year's top prize is assumed to be a Lost Desert PB.

Side game points still count towards your total points, although there are now three side games: Slushie Slinger, Make Some Noise, and Shootout Showdown. The exact score to prize shop point ratio isn't known but I happened to see a thread on it this morning: take a look here. For a guide to the AC games, try Jelle's guide.

I think when people say "different" they mean in the sense that no single team is clearly dominating anymore and tiers are no longer so separate, leading to unpredictability in who will win. Last year was a very narrow race for top four. To get a sense of how tight it was, KI at the sixth seed was off from RI at the fourth seed by less than a point. A few wins/losses among the upper eight teams could have drastically changed who was playing in the top tier.

well ithink i have decided to go with MQ or TM i love the color of MQ but also TM needs more fans and supporters. So im just stuck with them two, i guess ill have to wait for the final decision when it comes time.

Well what happens when your team gets knocked out... can you still play yooyo ball to get more plot points?

Since ACII and on, teams no longer get knocked out. The current format is double round robin (DRR), meaning all teams face each other twice. Teams are then divided into tiers for finals based on the DRR results: 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16, 17-18. No matter what team you are on, you will always play for 38 days (36 days of DRR, 2 days for finals). More days to get more points. :)

• 4 weeks later...