You know what I wish TNT would do?

Dcoolb

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

I think that TNT should re-release all the avatar items such as MSPP (TCG), Bony Club, Super Attack Pea, Chokato (TCG), Meoclopses, ect. That would be great. Though I do see the other angle which is the neopians that make millions of of them. Do you agree?

I wish TnT would do a lot more than that. As to what those things are, some things are better left unsaid.

Sorry, I'm not taking your poll. Perhaps in the future you could offer a version which omits the word "dawg" and anything ending in a 'z' that shouldn't? Thanks :P

while that would be lovely for people that are new to Neopets, it would also be a tad unfair to the Neopians who've done a lot to gain those items. I'm working my flat little buns off to get myself up to 10mil in my bank account so that I can start buying expensive things for my pets... so I'd be pretty upset if after (an estimated) year or so of saving every NP, the items I want were suddenly just re-released and then deflated in price as a result. I like to think of these kind of things as status items, mini-trophies if you will. but that's just me ^-^

and Cornflakes, I do love your title. Carl's Jr was one of my favorite restaurants when I was growing up in California =)

I think that TNT should re-release all the avatar items such as MSPP (TCG), Bony Club, Super Attack Pea, Chokato (TCG), Meoclopses, ect. That would be great. Though I do see the other angle which is the neopians that make millions of of them. Do you agree?

I would really love that. But then it is understandable that some may not like it as it would make the avvies less exclusive. If I were one of those that had those avvies, I probably think keeping them limited makes them more valuable and makes it seem something of status-prover (for lack of a better word).

But then even if they do re-release them, it may not be easy for others to obtain it either as many (aka me xD) simply don't have the kind of money to spend and some of the items are also very rare and some neopians may not be able to find the items.

and Cornflakes, I do love your title. Carl's Jr was one of my favorite restaurants when I was growing up in California =)

Yay Carl's Jr! I love their onion rings! =X

Been a while since I last went though =(

I would really love that. But then it is understandable that some may not like it as it would make the avvies less exclusive. If I were one of those that had those avvies, I probably think keeping them limited makes them more valuable and makes it seem something of status-prover (for lack of a better word).

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I would like nothing more for TNT to re-release other plots, altador cups, etc to get retired avvies. But then I think about how senority on neo would mean nothing in terms of the boards if they did that.

They don't necessarily need to re-release them, but they could do something like they've been doing in re-introducing retired stamps and things into the auctions. A few extra of the items introduced back into the game wouldn't have a drastic effect on the prices, as you would still have to pay hefty amounts to get them. I agree with Kittyn in that it would be extremely unfair to those who have either been saving for years to get expensive items or have just bought an expensive object for those things to suddenly deflate, similar to the way Faerie PBs dropped after the plot. People who had paid, in cases, 3 mil or more were furious that they are now worth, in some quicksale offers, only a few hundred thousand. It's not fair.

Also the main ones that are a problem are the BGC, SuAP and MSPP. Every other single avatar item I've been able to buy or borrow quite easily. Now I'm just waiting for August to get Bonju, debating whether or not to spend my NPs on the 2 more expensive HT avvies or save for an elusive lend and working on the stamp pages. As far as Chokato, Meowclopses, etc, If you have the collat, it's fairly easy to get a lend with a well-worded neomail and good intentions.

I disagree, actually. With a lot of the items, I think they should stop distributing them so much - look at the Quetzal! A 1 to 10np Petpet. Ridiculous.

Although I've wanted MSPP for ages, and of course want to get a bunch of unattainable dreamies...well...they wouldn't be quite so special if you could get them just like that. I think it makes us want to play more (bonus for TNT) which makes us play more (kind of bonus for us, kind of not). I think bittersweet things like spending 22mil on a krawk actually make the whole game sweeter.

I agree with Kittyn in that it would be extremely unfair to those who have either been saving for years to get expensive items or have just bought an expensive object for those things to suddenly deflate, similar to the way Faerie PBs dropped after the plot. People who had paid, in cases, 3 mil or more were furious that they are now worth, in some quicksale offers, only a few hundred thousand. It's not fair.

I could have bought 2 Faerie PB's at the higher price for the amount I lost buying my pirate PB just before the AC last year. Had I not saved up *quite* so quickly for my goal, I'd have been better off. But Neopets isn't fair. You can anticipate that TNT will include a paintbrush as a prize for plots and the AC, so if I had remembered KI had won the previous AC, I would have held off (though many people suspected they would not release such a "high-value" paintbrush as a prize). The people who bought Faerie paint brushes during the plot could have anticipated that it might be a prize, too.

Really, it's on you if you choose to drop a huge amount of NP on an item. You wouldn't spend that much if you didn't think it was worth it. Of course it's frustrating to see the NP value drop substantially shortly after your purchase, but you just have to remember that you thought it was a fair price at the time.

I think TNT should release a few more of certain rare items. The only ways NP leave the economy are through pay-for dailies (wheels, Lever of Doom, wishing well, etc.) and TNT-run shops and auctions (well, and RE's, stock bankruptcies, etc.). It's important to find a balance between the number of active players and the number of each item in the economy. Selling very rare items through auctions could be a way to help a little with their cost without deflating them too much.

Being a stamp collector, I would love TNT to release more of the super rare stamps again, some of the rarest stamps are costing over 100 million np right now, I don't know how one can manage to buy one single stamp at that price, so it would be nice if TNT can just re-release some of the stamps to bring the price down a little bit

I think the faerie paintbrush specifically will re-inflate pretty quickly. Given that a lot of people are bound to actually use the brush on their pets, thereby removing the item from the economy, it should become rare again. That being said, I remember long ago paying out for an item only to see it given away as part of a plot. I feel the frustration.

The only ways NP leave the economy are through pay-for dailies (wheels, Lever of Doom, wishing well, etc.) and TNT-run shops and auctions (well, and RE's, stock bankruptcies, etc.).

I guess this is the point of avatars, which is pretty clever if you think about it. I've paid a ton for mine and I only use the Soup Faerie and Tooth Faerie, both of which cost nothing :) And as a stock junkie, I can say I don't think a stock has gone bankrupt in >3 years.

That would be nice. But alas, TNT would never ever.

ab_02, they're doing that exact thing with Dr. Sloth auctions - 1 a month. Yeah it could go more quickly, but it's something.

They did rerelease the faerie paint brush and a number of old stamps. (I got my meerca changed into a faerie xweetok for less than 200k after that plot, I had the PB only needed the MP. I was hoping but not expecting a faerie pb, maybe a faerie pppb but not full on pb for so few points in my opinion) They're deflating a lot of the prices with the wheel of extravagance - and though I haven't tested this, I wonder if the Alien Vending Machine is a little more liberal with giving out paint brushes.

Maybe just release one or two more - especially since I would think some of the ones in existence are locked in frozen/inactive accounts. If they at least reintroduced the number that aren't moving through the economy, it would help a lot. With Lost Desert having won last year, Desert PB this year as a prize?

For lending, I know TDN has a meowclops, chokato card, and are working towards a BGC. They have a number of other (less expensive) items for lend that could help you save for collateral on the more expensive items.

It really depends on the item. Some items are released too frequently, drastically depreciating their value. While others, like the ultra rare avatar items, should have a limited release so the prices drop a bit and new members can afford them if they are into collecting avatars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, TNT showed us with the TrillionFTW auctions that they're willing to release old items again.

I hope they continue to do so in the future, considering a good number of those items have already been scammed :sad01_anim:

Well, TNT showed us with the TrillionFTW auctions that they're willing to release old items again.

I hope they continue to do so in the future, considering a good number of those items have already been scammed :sad01_anim:

Wait. How on earth do they scam those?? :(

If I hate anyone it's neopets scammers. for pete's sake it's a game, let everyone enjoy it!

Wait. How on earth do they scam those?? :(

If I hate anyone it's neopets scammers. for pete's sake it's a game, let everyone enjoy it!

From what I heard, one of the MSPP winners lent it out to a user who seemed very trustworthy - had a great lending history and everything - and they ran off with it. The (now former) owner had a huge screenshot of the auction plastered on her lookup....it was very dramatic lol xD

Ugh, yeah, I totally agree. But humanity is pretty awful, so it's unreasonable to expect that there wouldn't be bad eggs on Neo :P

I agree for selfish reasons... I want the items because I want the avatars.

But at the same time I don't agree because if the items were so easily available, neopians would lose interest in collecting avatars. What makes collecting fun is that the items are hard to get. If it were easy to get, it wouldnt be a challenge and everyone could do it. Thus avatar collecting wouldnt be as much fun anymore.