L.A. Noire

Cornflakes

I've been playing it since my adorable and wonderful husband brought it home to me. It's absolutely stunning. I'm a huge fan of vintage and detective games and the GTA series so for me, it's like the pinnacle of gaming. Love it. Played it yet?

I've heard good and bad this about this game.

Apparently Rockstar designed the city completely unique, so nothing look the same. The only thing people hate is there is nothing else you can do in it. The only added thing is finding 50 hidden films.

I will probably rent it, but I wouldn't pay £40 for it.

Yes, you can't run around between missions like in GTA, but that's fine with me. You can only kill so many pedestrians with a chainsaw before you get bored and just want to focus on missions.

The investigations are amazing. They can go great or bad depending all on your ability to interrogate people and determine if they are lying. Searching for clues took me awhile at first but I got farther in the game and became more experienced. Some cases take an hour to solve, and I'm only on Disc 2, so I assume the next ones will take even longer. There's so many plot turns! It's a really rewarding experience.