How do I create a side account

siniri

I'm interested in potentially borrowing pets to get some of those more elusive pet avatars after years of zapping to no avail. However, I do have (in my fourth pet slot) a labrat I adopted from the pound that I've grown semi-attached to, and I'm not sure I want to give her up permanently. I figure the easiest thing to do is transfer her to a side account, but I've always avoided having multiple accounts. I know you're not supposed to earn NP or items in any way on a side -- I'm assuming this also means no bank account? But you can still use the Soup Faerie and the Movie Central free feeding? I don't anticipate doing anything else on the side besides hopping on and feeding her (and maybe sending over a toy from my main to keep her happy, too).

When I create the side account, do I need to let TNT know it's a side? Or will they just figure that out based on the same e-mail and me not doing much on it? I know I'll have to wait for the account to age a bit before I can safely transfer her -- I'm assuming I'll need a different pet on that account in the meantime. Can you adopt instead of creating a pet? Any other things to be careful of?

Thanks, that list is highly helpful! Going to create it now, so that it'll be old enough once I'm ready to start borrowing pets. Thanks again!

...Or actually I won't create one now, since both usernames I tried were available when I tested them, but once I created a password, accepted the T&C, and clicked "next," they spontaneously became unavailable (these would not be popular names, and no users exist by either name now). I was in Chrome at the time, but Flash blocker was completely disabled. Obviously I don't want to lock up even more decent usernames... anyone know if there's an issue creating accounts in certain browsers?