neopets is giving a computer a virus that is SENDING MY PASSWORD TO MY EMAIL

mochismo

Lately, I've been getting a lot of emails from Neopets with all my usernames and passwords. I did not request them. Neopets has been having lots of weird virus-ey popups, and it's really bugging me. I've changed my password since and it still keeps happening. Why?? What can I do to fix it? I'm on a Macbook using Firefox. I would use adblock but it blocks the images on neopets as well as the ads for some reason. :grrr:

It's probably just someone who clicks on "forgot password" and enters your email. Solution? Change your email for your main and sides. But don't worry about it, as long as the person doesn't have access to your email, your neopets accounts are safe :)

I would report the issue to Neopets, here.

I did! Am I allowed to make a new email address for my accounts?

It's probably just someone who clicks on "forgot password" and enters your email. Solution? Change your email for your main and sides. But don't worry about it, as long as the person doesn't have access to your email, your neopets accounts are safe :)

That's a good idea, am I allowed to make a new email for my accounts?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post. If you have something you wish to add, use the edit button. Also, you are not allowed to remove mod edits from your posts.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It's a known problem and has to do with your mac. This issue still happens even is Adblock is turned on, but since you don't use it, that's irrelevant lol

Anyway, the best way to protect yourself is to just delete the file if it tries to download... and obviously never put it in your computer password for it to install.

Another user experienced this here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/26708-cgd/

If you want to be extra safe, use FireFox's NoScript and Request Policy. Of course, it will block Neopets images but you can set the settings to whatever you like.

Yes, you can make a new email. So long as all of your accounts are on the same email, you're good to go!

Partially incorrect. While you can make a new e-mail for your accounts, you are not required to have them all on the same e-mail.