Underdog Team Discussion Board

Nicci

Every prediction page has several things in common... they place certain teams lower then all the rest. So I think the smaller teams deserve a board to talk about being underdogs =)

Following teams include, but are not limited to: Tyrannia, Terror Mountain, Altador, Moltara, Faerieland, and Kiko Lake

If you think your team deserves to be here just add them on =)

Faerieland is an underdog? I would have thought that would be one of the top ones, seeing as a lot of kids like faeries! I know I would always choose the faerie stuff when I was younger.

Guest Yoshinho

Faerieland is actually hovering around 14-16th place in the Altador cup. (lol hovering, that is a nice joke xD)

Yup, you'd expect them to go crashing through the other teams(See? I can make puns too, Yoshi) but the people who choose them just for the faeries tend to actually hurt the team...

Yeah HW could be consider lower half too =P

Poor FL probably has the greatest percentage of freeloaders x.x Poor poor faeries.. and I don't think the recent plot helped them. The new logo will attract more freeloaders O.o

But HW was pretty good in the other cups.

HW and MI are considered the teams that USED to be good. They both used to elite but are likely to be 3rd-4th tier.

Mystery Island was like 6th place last year.

Incorrect. Mystery Island dropped all the way to 14th last year.

Guest Yoshinho

Hmmm.....maybe I was thinking of the wrong team... I remember once they were pretty good.

I think that Moltara has a good chance at escaping the bottom. Last year the team was mostly just freeloaders...

My favorite bet for Underdog to escape the bottom is TM though. :) I think they have a shot at 8th place.

Woo!!! (Sorry I'm biased so I take that as a compliment bahaha =) )

I think TY has a good shot of increasing their rank.. they are consistent at least.. and they have such dedicated players (they play so much they never talk at the boards O.o). But yeah I'm hoping for a second tier spot for TM =))

I think TY has a good shot of increasing their rank.. they are consistent at least.. and they have such dedicated players (they play so much they never talk at the boards O.o). But yeah I'm hoping for a second tier spot for TM =))

I heard that a lot of their active players are retiring though. :O I'm not sure if it's a fact, but if it is they might not improve. :/

Is there a place where we can see the standings of all the past cups? I would love to trace the changes in all the teams over the past five years =) ::is a nerd::

Yes, there is - we keep a page with all the past Altador Cup results. However, I just noticed that it's slightly outdated, and my obsessive-compulsive self insists that I fix it up before I link to it. So gimme a few minutes. :P

Edit: Here's our Altador Cup history page. :)

I noticed that you have not mentionned Brightvale in your first post...

They are a very nice team and I wish they placed better. They even had to sit out one year. (and some of their players decided to join Maraqua that year...)

Haha, it's weird to see VP no longer considered an underrated team. :)

Yeah, FL attracts lots of the younger players who don't understand/ pay attention to the Cup. I don't think the plot will help them, but I do believe that the color-change will make them a little less girly and hopefully give them a little boost in the standings.

BV is definitely an underrated team. ;)