Does a pet's level really matter?

Naamah D.

Does a pet's level really matter? One time I had a level 3 pet and my dad was looking at her and said "Only level 3?! You need to power it up!" I felt like saying these two things:

1. First of all don't call any of my pets an "it". They're either male or female.

2. If you want to "power up" and "make it high level" go back to Pokemon!

I could be wrong though which is why I'm wondering, does a pet's level really matter? It doesn't to me!

PS I love Pokemon but that and Neopets are 2 diffrent things.

Guest Yoshinho

A level actually DOES matter if you want strength, endurance etc go up. Training places will not raise strength and all that until the level is at the appropriate amount. Also Level greatly helps in battles.

A level actually DOES matter if you want strength, endurance etc go up. Training places will not raise strength and all that until the level is at the appropriate amount. Also Level greatly helps in battles.

And none of that really matters to me because I don't battle my pets or train them. Stats really don't matter for my pets.

If you are level 3 your strength cant be trained past 3. So if your level is 27 your strength, speed ect. can be up to 27. So your level really does matter to level-up.jpg

You can train stats up to 2x level, level 3 pet can be trained up to 6 for every stat and a level 27 pet can be 54. If you train in the Mystery Island schools you can train 3x level for endurance. Stats also affect the pound fee.

2. If you want to "power up" and "make it high level" go back to Pokemon!

Its really a big NP sink as it costs 2-5 mil to level your pet to 100 with 300 hp and 200 str,def and agility. Lots of games have levels, stats and methods of training and have nothing to do with pokemon and some existed before the games came out.

BD or not I would train my pet cause I want the best for it.

You can train stats up to 2x level, level 3 pet can be trained up to 6 for every stat and a level 27 pet can be 54. If you train in the Mystery Island schools you can train 3x level for endurance. Stats also affect the pound fee.

Its really a big NP sink as it costs 2-5 mil to level your pet to 100 with 300 hp and 200 str,def and agility. Lots of games have levels, stats and methods of training and have nothing to do with pokemon and some existed before the games came out.

BD or not I would train my pet cause I want the best for it.

I want the best for my pets too. I'd just rather nuture them. Feed them the most nourishing foods, my pets barely eat junk food. My side accounts are logged onto everyday so they get soup kitchen. Play with them when possible. Groom them regardless if they like it or not. That's just what I think is the best for my pets. I'm not trying to argue or anything in that catagorey. Just stating my personal way of doing what my pets need to be happy ^_^

Guest Yoshinho

Sheesh neopets patriots these days..... -_-

You do know it does not take much to make em full and happy.

Pets stay delighted for as long as a month

They can be placed in the neolodge each pet 28 days at a time and they get fed, groomed and all of that there. (Yes you can still battle/do dalies etc with them. You just cannot feed them when they are in the lodge. They feed him/her for you.

Persoannly I don't think it really matters ...... unless you are going to use the battledome for fighting (then it really matters a LOT) .... which from your comment, you are not, so no worries about leveling up for you

I dont really care about the battle dome but when there is a plot I want to be ready^^

So I train one of my pets (my first one) and my lab rat gets better stats almost every day =D

But if you don't want to let your pets fight the lever doesn't matter.

Aw haha, we all love our pets so much! Some people take pride in having a well-named pet, others customization, back stories, rare colors, BD pets, etc! It just depends on what you usually focus on while playing neo, really.

I like training my pets once in a while just so they can have some shiny stats, but by no means do I have a BD pet, or even a pet over level 50! But if I ever want those BD avvies, I'd better make sure I train a pet to be super strong!

Besides, I'm a bit of a wimp, so wouldn't it be lovely to have a beast of a neopet there to protect me from baddies? ;D