Experience Or Plain Luck?

what's with all the key quest boards recently haha xD i'm guessing that now fq2 and gtu are over, kq is your new "it" game? :P

to answer your question, though, people get around the boards faster mainly because of experience. if both people are similarly experienced, then luck probably plays a larger factor. some people are also better at "strategizing" their moves, something i'm absolutely terrible at (i always otherthink what the other person is going to do! bleh)

a lot of it does have to do with strategy. if you're looking to improve, check out TDN's Key Quest article. they have layouts for all the basic boards, as well as what the tiles are. I've studied the ones I prefer to play (Moltara & Sweet 1), so I know the best/shortest routes for each starting house on those.

of course, that doesn't always matter. one of the last games I played, I started at my 2nd favorite house on Sweet 1, but I LITERALLY rolled a 1 for 5 freaking turns! needless to say, I didn't win LOL

Both. It really helps to know the board you're on. For instance, I can completely rock the Springtime board, having a particular order I know to grab the keys. However, luck will always play a part....stupid random events. lol

Knowing the boards is a big help. And of course being good at the games. But even being the best player with the fastest computer won't help you when you role seven 1s and 2s in a row with your opponent consistently rolls 5s and 6s :(

Guest Yoshinho

The luck/skill really depends on the board itself and which powerups you get. Sometimes it is pure luck, mostly when it comes to me at least. But there is also some skill to it, there are many key quest guides out there for you to use to be used to it.

For me, it's a bit of both. I definitely have my favorite boards that have the best and most efficient paths to take. But of course, a random event that changes your direction or moves you around could totally annihilate that plan, so a lot of it is just playing the game as things come up and knowing how to adapt to changes and whatnot.

I think it's a bit of both. I have a slow computer and very rarely win a mini game and the person I play with knows this and plans on landing on the mini games to be able to win a key. Most times we come out 50/50 on the number of gold and silver keys we each win, as luck and stratedgy both play an important role.