Congratulations William and Kate

Tank Girl

I'm so happy and patriotic right now!

There's no pictures of the wedding online yet, but you can view the highlights on bbc iplayer

ajwgwh.jpg

Congratulations the future King and Queen of England! (I hope!)

Am I the only person who actually didn't care for this wedding event?

My mom watched it so many times since she had me record 10 different channels for it and most of them being 2 hours long :/

My mom watched it so many times since she had me record 10 different channels for it and most of them being 2 hours long :/

I didn't care one bit for it either.. I actually forgot I had time to watch it when it was on.

I had to filter it out of my twitter feed using global filters on my tweetdeck. -_-

I had someone accuse me of being unpatriotic because I didn't tweet about the wedding other than a 'is it over yet? Can we stop talking about it?' tweet. Unbeknownst to them I'm not even British. I wouldn't even care if the US president was getting married.

Well, I love the fact that we have a Royal Family and that the whole world celebrated a marriage! It's not often something like that happens on such a grand scale and I thought it was wonderful.

And you probably have a lot of coverage of it in Australia because a lot of you guys have British ancestry from the colonization in the 1700's. Hence our flag being in your flag.

Yeah, plus we are part of the commonwealth so the Queen is our head of state. I was just amazed by the build up towards the wedding, and the amount of current affairs shows which had segments about it that were really telling us nothing. The media hype was just silly. I didn't get to watch the actual wedding though, but everyone said it was fantastic.

We have a comedy group in Australia called The Chaser, and they were going to do an episode sort of parodying the wedding hype, but the Queen personally asked them not to. :laughingsmiley: It was still available online though, but I didn't think it was that good.

Honestly, I don't care either.

We're in AMERICA, people.

They are in BRITAIN.

Big difference.

It was annoying how everybody the next day at school was complaining about how they got up early, just so they could watch the wedding. I mean seriously; it doesn't involve us, so leave them alone. :P