I'm really starting to worry about my grandparents

Naamah D.

My grandparents live in North Carolina. They had a a massive amount of torandoes in their rural neighboorhod not to long ago. Lucky for them, they were both okay. When I checked the weather for my state, I read the national news, and there were tornadoes in all most every part of their state. The death toll total is 178+ all togheter. My mom has been telling them to at least get a Spring and Summer house up in New Hampshire, where I live. We don't get tornadoes in NH. We had one once or twice but not every other week. I just worry about them. The tornado they had a couple weeks ago just barely missed their house.

I'd like anybody who lives in the South to respond to this thread to see if they've had similar expirences. When they had the tornado that barley missed their house the called my mom to inform us right away. My mom told me that it was a semi-weird thought that they called us and they could've died in that storm.

Needless to say, I'm so happy to be a New Englander.

I live in North Carolina myself, but the most my area has been getting is dark clouds and a few showers. However I did just meet a man last night whose house was destroyed; poor guy.

Do your grandparents have a basement or (more likely out here) a storm shelter? All you can pretty much do in times like this is keep an eye out, make sure you have a stash of safety supplies just in case, and keep your head.

Either way, I hope they stay safe.

it is pretty scary to think about. I also have family in NC, but they're doing all right. however, my very good friend grew up in Alabama and last night, he showed me pictures that his old classmates had sent him. it's pretty sobering to see pictures of completely razed houses. I'm hoping that things clear up very soon!