What Exactly Is A Well Named Pet?

Scarlet Fever

As stated in the title, I'm wondering what exactly a pet name needs in order to be considered well-named, or even very well named?

The reason being I have two 4-letter names that I know aren't being used. The only issue with that is that they're 3-letter words with the last letter being duplicated.

I think the biggest things desired when asking for well-named is no number or underscores, not gibberish, not numbers put in the name is place of letters.

All of this plus capital letter and pronounceable.

So something like "Actt" or "Bamm" would be good? Stupid choices for examples (obviously not my names) but it's what I thought of first. lol

The double letters may lower the value a tiny bit, but they'd still be considered well named as long as there's a capital and it is pronounceable.

All of this plus capital letter and pronounceable.

The double letters may lower the value a tiny bit, but they'd still be considered well named as long as there's a capital and it is pronounceable.

Very cool. Thank you for clearing that up for me a bit, guys. :)

Yeah it seems to differ depending on who you're talking to. If you're talking to someone who is trying to trade their pet vs someone who is looking to adopt a pet, there are big differences in WN, VWN, BN, and so forth.

In my opinion, VWN must have the first letter capitalized, no underscores or numbers, pronouncable, not made-up, 7 letters or less in length.

WN must have the first letter capitalized, can be a made-up word, 9 letters or less. Can have first letter not be capitalized if the name is good.

BN have numbers/underscores.

RW should be a common word and shouldn't have to be explained. Like, if someone is trying to trade their pet, and has to define their "real word" so that people will understand what it means, it probably shouldn't count as a RW.

Somebody's probably got a guide for this somewhere. But 'name value' seems to be mostly subjective.

Generally, VWN-WN is capped, pronounceable, and short. Easily nicknamable too is usually good. No numbers or underscores.

DN is usually a longer name, or has two capped words put together. BN has numbers and underscores and is often unpronounceable

Generally a wellnamed pet (assuming it is for a pet and not a function EG avvy pet):

- Not a bunch a gibberish (like fihgbijrnsgti)

- Not an innipropriate name (like with swearing or sexual content)

- Not containing info personal to you (like Bill_Smiths_pet)

- Not nonsense (like a name misspelled)

Other than that, its just your own personal opinions on what a good name for a pet would be :)