Altador Cup 6

-Ryan

Team  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What team are you joining this year?

• Lost Desert
    • Kreludor
    • Darigan Citadel
    • Roo Island
    • Maraqua
    • Virtupets
    • Krawk Island
    • Meridell
    • Terror Mountain
    • -Other poll-
  2. 2. What team are you joining this year( P.2)

• Shenkuu
    • Haunted Woods
    • Brightvale
    • Mystery Island
    • Faerieland
    • Kiko Lake
    • Altador
    • Maltora
    • Tyrannia
    • -Other poll-
  3. 3. Who do you think will win this year?

• Lost Desert or Kreludor
    • Roo Island or Darigan Citadel
    • Maraqua or Virtupets
    • Krawk Island or Meridell
    • Terror Mountain or Tyrannia
    • Shenkuu or Haunted Woods
    • Brightvale or Mystery Island
    • Kiko Lake or Faerieland
    • Maltora or Altador

Okay, it may be a bit early but were getting somewhat close to Altador Cup 6 finally starting so im interested in hearing everyones opinions on everything from a new game, to souveneirs coming back, to Dasher finally retiring(Brett Favre, anyone?).

So yes, discuss away, people.

And hearing detailed opinions on team placements would be nice. -nodnod-

I just want to say that I have caught the AC VI fever already :P

If anyone from TDN community has suggestions regarding things we could improve or add to our coverage, please send me a private message. :)

Yes, I reemmber the MD match last year (2nd) 1000 goals on a day

DC will be fun too, hehehe.

My top 4:

KD

MQ

MD

DC

Also Possible:

VP

RI

Would Be Out (?):

KD

MD

DC

I know it's biased, but I'm pretty sure MQ will get top 4 this year, after a 5th place finish twice in a row, they seem to be on a Lost Desert Track, so they'll be 3rd if I'm right :)

Also a note: Team Stats are going to be updated soon, and then once the AC boards are up, the actual global predictions. (I'm predictions head this year :D)

I'm excited about this year, as I have a better plan of attack for getting a high rank this time around. (Last year, I avoided YYB for a long time, so I could have gotten higher if I'd started playing it earlier.)

I'll be playing for Maraqua again this year. :D

GO MYSTERY ISLAND!

Haha I love I'm the first and only for now that supports my island! x3 Some of my best pals I met during the Altador Cup and I just can't see myself in any other team ^^ I'm hoping to improve in rank as well and for Mystery Island to do better this year....being 14th place wasn't cool but at least we all had fun on our side xD

I'm obviously sticking with DC again.

My predicted Top 4 are Darigan Citadel, Maraqua, Meridell, and Virtupets in no particular order.

My favorite 4 are Darigan, Terror Mountain, Maraqua, and Moltara.

Guest ErikaChristine

I'm very excited!! I will be supporting Team Meridell once again. :) I don't think they will win (or even place top 5) but I like the team.

I don't know who to play for... I love Blumaroo's, so I'd like to go for Roo Island, plus my neohome is there - But I really love Maraquan pets, and my Blumaroo will eventually be painted Maraquan. Heeeelp what should I do??

I'm really excited though :) Last year I came back from a long hiatus right in the middle of it and I didn't play many of the games. I don't even think I reached level 1 :(

Could someone give me a brief summary of the Altador Cup? I guess I'm not really sure exactly what goes on . . .

It's a sporting event in neopia. Daily matches are held with different teams facing each other. You can participate by playing four games, Yooyuball (YYB), Slushie Slinger (SLSL or SS), Make Some Noise (MSN), and/or Shootout Showdown (SHSH). Your scores go to whatever team you join in the beginning. A team's final score for the day is averaged out by the number of points scored and the amount of players on the team. Therefore, the size of a team doesn't matter. Winning YYB is worth a lot of points for the team while the side games are worth less.

That goes on for a little less than a month. Then, the teams are separated into tiers based on their rankings. The tiers are 4 teams each (except for the last tier of two teams), so if you were in the first tier, the least that you could get is 4th place overall. In the end, you get a trophy based on your team's finishing place and you get prize points just like in any other plot.

I hope that helped :) If you are confused about something just ask.

I figure I'd go for the newbie. I went for Darigan Citadel twice before (cause they looked cool of course! That's how I choose all of my sports team :P) but didn't win either time so I thought maybe I should try something else. With my luck Darigan will probably win this year x_x)

It's a sporting event in neopia. Daily matches are held with different teams facing each other. You can participate by playing four games, Yooyuball (YYB), Slushie Slinger (SLSL or SS), Make Some Noise (MSN), and/or Shootout Showdown (SHSH). Your scores go to whatever team you join in the beginning. A team's final score for the day is averaged out by the number of points scored and the amount of players on the team. Therefore, the size of a team doesn't matter. Winning YYB is worth a lot of points for the team while the side games are worth less.

That goes on for a little less than a month. Then, the teams are separated into tiers based on their rankings. The tiers are 4 teams each (except for the last tier of two teams), so if you were in the first tier, the least that you could get is 4th place overall. In the end, you get a trophy based on your team's finishing place and you get prize points just like in any other plot.

I hope that helped :) If you are confused about something just ask.

Noog, I don't think it's an average of scores, because I believe in an editorial once the formula is:

Totalpts - Sizetiervalue - otherteamsizevalue (if needed) = Final Points

The 3rd variable is for things like top 4 vs bottom 4 etc...

Noog, I don't think it's an average of scores, because I believe in an editorial once the formula is:

Totalpts - Sizetiervalue - otherteamsizevalue (if needed) = Final Points

The 3rd variable is for things like top 4 vs bottom 4 etc...

Yeah, you're right. Point being that small teams can win and people on your team that don't play hurt your score.

Yeah, you're right. Point being that small teams can win and people on your team that don't play hurt your score.

Thank you! So part of it is luck, picking a good team? Does it affect anything other than the trophy you get?

Also, how hard are the games?

:) thanks for the info

Time for Ryan's yearly pre-AC predictions. This is just a draft though. I'm not fully decided yet.

There are a lot of good teams this season and I think this year 4th place will be harder to get into then any year before. And I have no doubt well have another unpredicatble season with many upsets and suprises. LD, MT, and VP are all gonna be unpredictable teams to watch this season and I think our major powerhouses this season shall be DC, MQ, and MD. All in all i'm expecting a wonderful season thats gonna leave everyone tired and with millions of stories to go home and tell the baby neopets about.

FINAL FOUR POSSIBILITIES:

Darigan Citadel

I'm expecting nothing less than a near perfect season for YYB and SHSH with an abnormally good MSN season and a losing SS season. Overall this is a powerhouse that will blow away most of the competition. At the same time though I can see a slight chance of this team imploding and hitting 3rd tier. More than anything though i'm expecting them to take home the gold this year.

Maraqua

Medium first half with a strong YYB season, and an explosive second half. I expect nothing less than the 3rd place for them this year.

Meridell

Fairly good season throughout the whole thing but a real struggle towards the end to fight their way in there.

Kreludor

[spoiler] Not as good a season as last year, I see them doing about as well as Meridell. I have no doubt theyll be winning within the next three years though. Overall a great team that I see being dragged down this year by freeloaders.

Krawk Island

These guys remind me a lot of DC, and I see them doing very well. I expect to see them lose a fight for 4th though and end up in the upper half of the second tier. Still a possibility though.

Shenkuu

After a year of rest I expect the forgotten ninjas to take the AC by storm in the first half with a weak second half. DONT FORGET THE NINJAS. THEYRE SNEAKY. THATS WHY THEY ARE NINJAS.

Roo Island

I know, I know... Everyones expecting them to be good this year because of that great season last year. I see them as just another team fighting for 3rd or 4th though. If they prove me wrong, well then eh, good job to them. If they dont, don't say I didn't call that. :P

OTHER:

Virtupets

They had a great season last year and they were an amazing team then, but I don't see them pulling that off again. 8th or 9th for them at worst. No top 4 for them, though. I see a great SHSH season for them though.

Ill do the rest later.

Heres my predictions for placing though,

Playoffs round 1:

Top 4:

Maraqua vs Meridell

Darigan Citadel vs Shenkuu

Second tier:

Krawk Island vs Lost Desert

Roo Island vs Kreludor

Third tier:

Mystery Island vs Terror Mountain

Virtupets vs Haunted Woods

Fourth tier:

Moltora vs Kiko Lake

Faerieland vs Tyrannia

5th tier:

Brightvale vs Altador

Playoffs round two:

1st tier:

Maraqua vs Darigan Citadel

Shenkuu vs Meridell

2nd tier:

Krawk Island vs Roo Island

Kreludor vs Lost Desert

3rd tier:

Virtupets vs Mystery Island

Haunted Woods vs Terror Mountain

4th tier:

Moltora vs Tyrannia

Faerieland vs Kiko Lake

5th tier:

Altador vs Brightvale

Final placement:

1st. DC(Slightly biased)

2nd. MQ

3rd. SK

4th. MD

5th. KI

6th. RI

7th. KD

8th. LD

9th. VP

10th. MI

11th. HW

12th. TM

13th. TY

14th. MT

15th. FL

16th. KL

17th. BV

18th. AL

Thank you! So part of it is luck, picking a good team? Does it affect anything other than the trophy you get?

Also, how hard are the games?

:) thanks for the info

Well it's not ALL luck, because everyone contributes, but you could be unlucky and get stuck on a team full of people that don't play. <_<

In my opinion, the games are fairly easy, but Slushie Slinger takes a while to play :/

I've decided to play for Team Virtupets this year. :)

Hopefully, this is the first year that I actually do something other than MSN, like, um, YYB? :P Because YYB is one of the main things of the AC and I barely know how to play it so it's good to get some practice.

I'm excited about this year, as I have a better plan of attack for getting a high rank this time around. (Last year, I avoided YYB for a long time, so I could have gotten higher if I'd started playing it earlier.)

I'll be playing for Maraqua again this year. :D

I never participated since I was always so busy, but this year for sure. I'll be playing for Maraquan too~

I never participated since I was always so busy, but this year for sure. I'll be playing for Maraquan too~

This will be only my second year. All the previous years, AC either happened while I wasn't playing, or I wasn't checking the news and never saw it. (That happened with AC IV. If I'd played, I could have gotten the avatar that retired when AC V started.)

So I've been with Maraqua since I started, and that will never change. :D I'm glad you're joining Maraqua this year.