How to Get Back Wrongfully Frozen Account

Lunafry1

So, enjoying my break from school, I log into neopets. I enroll one of my pets in the Mystery Isalnd Training School, Pay with the codestone, then go to another website. I come back thirty minutes later, log in, and BAM!

I get a message saying I was frozen.

And the reason why knocked me out my chair. I was frozen for "buying neopoints, items, or pets" WOW.

Not only have I never bought neopoints in my life, I was shocked as to see why it came so suddenly. Aren't you supposed to get a warning, or something? Sure, I do have have my brother who played neopets for like, six years, who recently decided to quit. So, he splits his rare stuff between me and his other friends, and I get a baby paintbrush, and some neopoints. That was about three weeks ago.

So, still shocked, I send a contact form about it. And I message about two diffrent emails from neopets about this problem. And currently, i'm trying to find this account on twitter they have so I could ask them.

What should I do?

sorry to say, but you will never get your account back.

My account was frozen for the same reason, even though I had proof that I was innocent. They don't care and even say they cannot prove you are telling the truth. You minus well start rebuilding a new account now. I sent in a bunch of stuff with my proof, I was never given a warning, and had neofreinds vouche for me. They don't care so like I said start rebuilding. Sorry, it seems they like to do this to people who are innocent. Plus you say your brother gave you this stuff. They will only freeze you if your "brother" is a selling neoaccount. So unfortunately, he was, or your story isn't correct. Either way, you really won't even get your account back. That is the biggest reason they freeze and the chance of getting unfrozen is less than 1%.

^^ the post above is true, but I have to mention how they say

You minus well start rebuilding a new account now.
so you know, it is You might as well start... not minus. lol

All you can really do is give them as much proof that you can, And hope for the best :)

I'm sorry, But. There really isn't anything else I can offer to help!

I wish you luck with getting your account returned :)

And, even though everyone says it is impossible. I know it isn't!

My Mum had her account returned a few months after she was frozen for the same reason.

If I knew what she had done to get her account returned, I'd definitely tell you :O

But it was so long ago, not even she remembers what she did :O

All you can really do is give them as much proof that you can, And hope for the best :)

I'm sorry, But. There really isn't anything else I can offer to help!

I wish you luck with getting your account returned :)

And, even though everyone says it is impossible. I know it isn't!

My Mum had her account returned a few months after she was frozen for the same reason.

If I knew what she had done to get her account returned, I'd definitely tell you :O

But it was so long ago, not even she remembers what she did :O

What kind of proof should I give them?

i gave them a chat, neofriends, tons of proof to the point where id prob win in court but they didn't do it and won't do it. they did it because ur "brothers" account is a selling account. They only freeze cause of that reason cause millions of people do that stuff daily. They have been watching, saw that it was the case, and poof. They hear millions of stories that "it was my brothers account" or "it was a friend" that they just now send out a generic email saying there is nothing they can do and you broke the rules.

i gave them a chat, neofriends, tons of proof to the point where id prob win in court but they didn't do it and won't do it. they did it because ur "brothers" account is a selling account. They only freeze cause of that reason cause millions of people do that stuff daily. They have been watching, saw that it was the case, and poof. They hear millions of stories that "it was my brothers account" or "it was a friend" that they just now send out a generic email saying there is nothing they can do and you broke the rules.

She never said that her brother was selling accounts...

What Lunafry tried to explain is that a few weeks ago, her brother gifted her items. He was not selling them nor selling accounts.

If it lead to her account to be frozen, then everyone else who receive a present from her brother should have been frozen too...

I don't think they had a legit reason to freeze you if you did not use any site to purchase neopoints, items, pets...

I guess the only proofs you could submit is record of any credit card and paypal account you have. That's off course if you are in age to have a credit card or a paypal account. Because basically, everything that is bought online will result into a trace somewhere.

She never said that her brother was selling accounts...

What Lunafry tried to explain is that a few weeks ago, her brother gifted her items. He was not selling them nor selling accounts.

If it lead to her account to be frozen, then everyone else who receive a present from her brother should have been frozen too...

I don't think they had a legit reason to freeze you if you did not use any site to purchase neopoints, items, pets...

I guess the only proofs you could submit is record of any credit card and paypal account you have. That's off course if you are in age to have a credit card or a paypal account. Because basically, everything that is bought online will result into a trace somewhere.

Thank you, but that is exactly what I'm trying to explain to them. I don't have any credit or debit cards, and neither do any of the faimly members I live with, so I have no way TO buy the neopoints.

I'm not saying her brother did that but I know TNT through going through this and they only freeze because that other account, which is his brothers, is a seller account. Believe me I chatted back and forth and learned this through Dwayne. He said they only freeze people with that reason because the account that gave stuff away is a seller account. So if it was your brothers, or not, that account was a seller. That is what I am trying to say. You might of known, or not, but that is why, and unless the discussion happened on neopets through neomail, they say there is no way to prove whether it was your brother or not. Believe me I spent a month talking to him and he laid it out that's why he said your discussion happened on msn and because I am not sure if it did, you won't get your account back. They do not know if you have a credit card or debit card, you could and just say you don't. You have to understand they hear these stories atleast a hundred times a day. I'm sure people say "My brother gave them to me cause he quit." But they know that happens that why they dig deep into the account and see that it is a seller. That is why it took three weeks for you to be frozen after the exchange happened cause they investigated it and found that out. Like I said I know this and you will get an email saying "you were frozen cause you were caught selling or buying neopoints, items, ect, due to this reason, your account cannot be returned and will remain frozen." I suggest rebuilding.

I went through the same problem. My friend gave me her neopoints cause she was quitting. Come to find out her account was a seller account and because she gave me stuff, it was seen that I was buying when I never knew this. They spent three weeks investigating her account to figure this out and then frozen me and her. Even though I showed the chat stating it was a gift, they said there was nothing they could do. This is their largest no no and is less than 1% returnable. I even talked to their company and its the same thing.

And I don't believe that nobody in your household has a debit or credit card, because your account pet had nc items on and all parents have either or, nobody holds onto their cash. You need to pay with a credit card or debit or bank account to pay for your internet. I am not trying to be mean but I think I know more about this seeing I spent the most time on this subject with TNT explaining their exact policy to me.

I'm not saying her brother did that but I know TNT through going through this and they only freeze because that other account, which is his brothers, is a seller account. Believe me I chatted back and forth and learned this through Dwayne. He said they only freeze people with that reason because the account that gave stuff away is a seller account. So if it was your brothers, or not, that account was a seller. That is what I am trying to say. You might of known, or not, but that is why, and unless the discussion happened on neopets through neomail, they say there is no way to prove whether it was your brother or not. Believe me I spent a month talking to him and he laid it out that's why he said your discussion happened on msn and because I am not sure if it did, you won't get your account back. They do not know if you have a credit card or debit card, you could and just say you don't. You have to understand they hear these stories atleast a hundred times a day. I'm sure people say "My brother gave them to me cause he quit." But they know that happens that why they dig deep into the account and see that it is a seller. That is why it took three weeks for you to be frozen after the exchange happened cause they investigated it and found that out. Like I said I know this and you will get an email saying "you were frozen cause you were caught selling or buying neopoints, items, ect, due to this reason, your account cannot be returned and will remain frozen." I suggest rebuilding.

I went through the same problem. My friend gave me her neopoints cause she was quitting. Come to find out her account was a seller account and because she gave me stuff, it was seen that I was buying when I never knew this. They spent three weeks investigating her account to figure this out and then frozen me and her. Even though I showed the chat stating it was a gift, they said there was nothing they could do. This is their largest no no and is less than 1% returnable. I even talked to their company and its the same thing.

And I don't believe that nobody in your household has a debit or credit card, because your account pet had nc items on and all parents have either or, nobody holds onto their cash. You need to pay with a credit card or debit or bank account to pay for your internet. I am not trying to be mean but I think I know more about this seeing I spent the most time on this subject with TNT explaining their exact policy to me.

TNT makes mistakes. I've read plenty of boards about TNT making a mistake when freezing account, and yes for the reason her's was frozen, and them returning it once they discovered their mistake. TNT is human and they make mistakes like the rest of us. It's possible she'll get it back, and it's possible she won't. It's her decision to try.

And as for the credit card thing, there's plenty of families that refuse to use credit cards. In the old days, bills like phone pills, rent, and internet bills were paid with checks. (And you can pay those bills online with your bank account.) I have all these bills (rent, phones, car payments, car insurance, etc.) and I haven't used a credit card in over a year.

Neocash cards you can buy at the store. I buy mine with cash. Having NC items is in no way proof she has a credit card, and is just denying it. (You can also buy NC online with Paypal, which you can have without having a credit card. You can tie it directly to your bank account.)

Honestly, the only people that know her situation is her, and TNT. You can state what happened with you in hopes it will be helpful to her and possibly prepare her for what she needs to do, but that doesn't make it a rule, which MUST apply to her. Please remember that and don't try to accuse being inaccurate in her statements. She's just trying to get some help.

I never called her a liar, I am just trying to explain to them the process they go through everyday. Hundreds of trades happen a day but when some large items, like large some of nps or items are traded, they go search their accounts and try to figure out if this is possible, including seeing if their ips are the same. If they aren't, they freeze. They won't freeze unless they have a reason for this because they do a deep search about it. With checking accounts come debit cards. Yes they may not and pay by check but I was just pointing something out. I know TNT makes mistakes but they are smart people and on this subject they dig deep into the reason and don't just freeze after something like that because they know some people gift things like that. I am just letting her know what TNT told me and their process and how unlikely it is to get it back. I wasted three months of trying to get my account back which I was in a form scammed and never did, and he said that i proved alot of information and if he could he would unfreeze but there's always that chance I was lying and said I couldn't. If it was her brother, they would have the same ip and she can point that out to them. If its the same ip she could possibly get her account back, but if not well then we will see. I am trying to help but I also see many people who say stories like this to get out of it because they lost their account. I am just trying to be the middle man and give information and what TNT does and how they do it.

If they do a simple search on the internet of chances of getting an account back, it proof in itself.

But yes you should email tnt saying you can look at our ips to prove we are brother and sister. That would be perfect.

The only neocash Item I have is something I got for free, when last year's advent calender gave out those free "jub-jub bounce tokens" or whatever. In fact, my mom does pay our bill with checks :)

My brother dosen't even live with us, so the ip thing is out of question

Also, I have read online about many people who had the same problem as mine, yet still got their account unfrozen. Some say it took months, other say weeks. But, how long did it take for you to get a response after filling out the form? I got mine the same day, though they asked for moore information to prove the account was mine.

the day after and they ask for more information and go from there. ip may be alittle different but not alot if you are in the same location. say ur ip is 199, if he is in the same state it should be around that like 197 or close and they can look it up. they ask for more proof cause you didn't provide it but the next email will be, "your account was found to be selling or buying blah blah under these circumstances your account cannot be returned blah blah sorry for inconvenience."

it automated. if u email back to that you get Dwayne which kind of repeats it but gives more information like mine was "the person that gave this to you is a seller." even tho i had no idea she was just a friend. i tried for 3 months but wish you luck.

• 2 weeks later...

the day after and they ask for more information and go from there. ip may be alittle different but not alot if you are in the same location. say ur ip is 199, if he is in the same state it should be around that like 197 or close and they can look it up. they ask for more proof cause you didn't provide it but the next email will be, "your account was found to be selling or buying blah blah under these circumstances your account cannot be returned blah blah sorry for inconvenience."

it automated. if u email back to that you get Dwayne which kind of repeats it but gives more information like mine was "the person that gave this to you is a seller." even tho i had no idea she was just a friend. i tried for 3 months but wish you luck.

So, yeah, I got a message from this Dwayne Guy, who literally called me a liar beacause "I was lying about how many tickets I sent in", and that all other tickets i sent would be closed because they " shouldn't believe anything else I told them."

Wow. Pretty harsh for a website angled towards the young ones.

So, as politley as I could while I was so angry, i kindly pointed out that I said I had 'around three' and that I wasn't sure exactly how many tickets I sent in.

So, is there a way i could talk to a representetive live, or send a letter to the company?

no sorry. i've already tried. they don't give their address and there is no live number. dwayne takes care of this section, nobody else, he's the same one for me. sorry, but i told you so. and i think he's rough because the people who do cheat are ruining neopets. sorry but like i said, start rebuilding. also it says only send in one ticket and wait for it to be answered and by sending multiple it floods their box and makes them angry.

no sorry. i've already tried. they don't give their address and there is no live number. dwayne takes care of this section, nobody else, he's the same one for me. sorry, but i told you so. and i think he's rough because the people who do cheat are ruining neopets. sorry but like i said, start rebuilding. also it says only send in one ticket and wait for it to be answered and by sending multiple it floods their box and makes them angry.

You sure? Around the fourth ticket, I recieved a message that wasn't auttimated from another girl, though I can't remenber her name now

yes but once you email back it gets forwarded to dwyane. you can try though. i really wish it have a different outcome, i loved my account, but that is their most serious thing and even if you didn't do it, it's hard to prove because many people a day cheat and then try to lie anyway they can. wish it could be different. i know your angry, i was too. i took a 3 month break from neopets but now i am back, i suggest you do the same or just restart. Rebuilding is a pain but atleast now you can be careful and not take any expensive gifts, even if its from a family member.