neopets

ibrt50

Although I have been playing for a while and I have 3 pets I still don't understand why or what is the purpose of having more than one. I feed them but never use them (the extra two). Can someone explain this to me? Thanks for any info!

I just like having more than one because I really like the different species and enjoy the different customizations for each one. Also I have a different pet that I use mostly for the battledome and a different pet I use for the lab ray. Also I use all my pets, you can change who's your active pet so you see the different pet up on the screen.

I guess it's like real live pets, why do people have more than one dog or cat or what have you? Different personalities and what not I suppose.

OK, thanks. I have been using the one pet for everything. I guess I need to buy a lab map so I can zap one of them. LOL Every once in a while I will drag out another pet for and hour or two but I always go back to the same one. I walked up to the Magna pool and it said something about changing my pet so I did and now it is lava colored. Not to fond of that but until I come across something else I am not using a paint brush on it. I do know how to switch from pet to pet. Thanks for all the input. BTW I won't kill them if they are zapped will I?

No, if they are zapped by the lab ray it may change species or color or stats but it can't kill your pet. The petpet ray however can make your petpet disappear/destroyed so if you get the petpet map also so I'd use a very cheap petpet to zap.

No, if they are zapped by the lab ray it may change species or color or stats but it can't kill your pet. The petpet ray however can make your petpet disappear/destroyed so if you get the petpet map also so I'd use a very cheap petpet to zap.

I do have the petpet map but I cant use it because I dont have all the pieces for the other. I am thinking about buy the map I just haven't done it. Thanks for the advice. Your very helpful.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I just like having more than one because I really like the different species and enjoy the different customizations for each one. Also I have a different pet that I use mostly for the battledome and a different pet I use for the lab ray. Also I use all my pets, you can change who's your active pet so you see the different pet up on the screen.

I guess it's like real live pets, why do people have more than one dog or cat or what have you? Different personalities and what not I suppose.

Agreed. I give each of my pets a different personality and since I do a lot of customizing I tend to choose pets that look great in a lot of different clothing. Since I'm not allowed/it's not practical for me to own pets in real life, I have a lot of Neopets to compensate for it.

I once had 4, but I got rid of 3 a while ago. My main reason was that it was a pain to keep up feeding them and I only really paid attention to one. Also, when you get faerie quests, it's nice to know it's going to the pet you want it to go to. I'm very battledome driven though.

I have multiples too just for customizing. It's fun to dress up the different species. I usually keep one active for awhile then occasionally change it. i find just doing dailies, I rarely ever HAVE to feed any of them. I usually get one of the "your pets are healed/not hungry anymore" events from the wheels or healing springs every couple days. They're pretty low maintenence and are fun to dress up :)

:O

I have five accounts total, and only 2 empty spots, so that's -- 18 Neopets!

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't have more than one Neopet! hehe :)

I have so many because there are so many Neopets that I find to be beautiful, and I want to own them all.

I agree with Octopus; you create different personalities by selecting different species, paintbrushes and customizations. In real life, I have two cats. One is super playful - she's always doing something to make me laugh - and the other is extremely lovey and always wants to curl up on me. I would hate to have to choose one of them, and it's the same idea on Neopets.

I once had 4, but I got rid of 3 a while ago. My main reason was that it was a pain to keep up feeding them and I only really paid attention to one. Also, when you get faerie quests, it's nice to know it's going to the pet you want it to go to. I'm very battledome driven though.

TNT actually changed the system so the Faerie Quest reward now goes to your active pet, guaranteed.

I also realized I like collecting things. i think that's another reason people have so many. People on neo tend to collect things. Avatars, cards, stamps, Gallery items.... we're all a bunch of packrats xD

I have 4 right now; my Island Kougra, my first pet (and only, on this acct) until a month or two ago. She is my main; she reads any books, eats any rare foods, gets all the good stuff. I have at least one lab pet, it was a Kacheek I'd grabbed from the pound but I pounded her to grab a Jetsam I found in there today :3. I also have two others; a snow Xweetok and a cloud Gnorbu that I saw in the pound when I was surfing through, and I had to have them. They were too cute to leave there!

I agree with stream27; collecting is awesome xD