Lookup Coding Techinical difficulties..Help?

Indian_ammi

Hey Guys!

So I am coding my lookup for Fyora Day ( a long way off I know, but I wanted TNT to be able to actually look at mine lol), and when I look at it on Chrome, it looks fine. But then I try it out on IE and Firefox and a colored line appears below my header image. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Hey, Thanks for the reply but that wasn't it...

also, just for curiosity's sake, I checked out your layout and its pretty cool! How did you get all of your neopets on the screen?

Edit: Hey Thanks for your help but I figured it out...

The coding to get rid of that line is :

#header {border: 0px none;}

but I'm still interested in how you were able to get all of your neopets on one page.

Edited by Indian_ammi

I know it's not 100% related, but on your lookup you are using the word 'copyright' and you cannot to that since all the images are copyrighted to Neopets. All you can do is say "user lookup by *name*". Seeing the word copyright on your layout would void all your chances at winning the spotlight.

Now I feel like a failure for not fixing it :sad02:

But thanks for the comments about my lookup. I increased the height of the #userneopets table and used one big long image for the background. It was a trial-and-error process and quite tedious to boot!

Tedious because I wanted the pets from my other accounts to blend seamlessly with the same fonts from my main account, so I had to run to all of my sides and change all of their lookups and get the same fonts, and then screenshot everything and put it all together. Whew.

Your lookup is kinda messed up in Firefox (Mac) because your fonts are HUGE and they're causing the pets to stretch your modules and make it look untidy. The #main background doesn't go all the way out under them as it is which means you've got modules floating out on your blue background. Also, the huge size font for your navigation means that the whole thing doesn't fit on one line and they are unreadable.

Really, large fonts are fine for headers but you really don't need to make your bold text so big xD

Only other thing I'd comment on is that the "most fairest faerie of them all" line is probably unnecessary and detracts from the layout. If you think you have to have it there, at least make it all one line instead of having the last two words floating so far away :P

Cornflakes: awe I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel bad...but all that effort you put into your lookup made it look amazing!

Icy izzy: Hey! Thanks for the comments! Just so you know i did update it a bit from when you posted, im not sure if the problems are fixed though. All of my fonts are in 'pt' form and they were supposed to be the same font like in the header, just way smaller...I know im going to have to change the font but how do you think I should change the size issue? I probably should check them on a mac too...

Also that header is gonna be a pain to change but hey ive got a few months just because of this reason! :/