Television

ThisIsJ

I've never been a big fan of watching tv shows on a regular basis, but I've really gotten into a few shows lately. Those would be: Park & Recreation (I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a show), Modern Family, and Community. I also watch My Strange Addiction and The Dog Whisperer...but those don't have plots, so..I'm never too worried about seeing them every week.

What do you guys watch?

I'm a big tv fan but I pretty much watch all the CSIs and criminal minds and other crime shows occasionally. I used to watch House and Smallville but I've grown out of those a bit, seriously though Smallville just needs to end at this point, too many seasons. I never seem to be able to catch any of the new episodes any more for any show for some reason so I'm multiple episodes/season behind on some shows but watching on the internet it a nice new way for me to get some shows in.

Also if anyone watched the new spin off of criminal minds, what did you think? I thought it was okay, maybe it was just because it was the pilot episode but it was lacking the thought/profiling that is the basis of the original.

I never really watch too many real shows, but I do watch Supernanny a lot when it's on ABC.

I do tend to watch public access shows rather often (my state has good ones), along with a lot of animated series and anime.

Shows I watch but aren't on right now: True Blood, Dexter, Life and Times of Tim, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, United States of Tara, Nurse Jackie and Boardwalk Empire.

Shows I watch right now: Jersey Shore..... please don't judge me :)

Don't watch on a regular basis but will watch if it's on and I'm bored: Law and Order: SVU, The Office, Big Bang Theory. Also this random Canadian reality show called Pick a Puppy. All it's about is families picking a puppy...and I love it.

Show I used to watch that has ended and I miss it always: LOST.

Until I got married, I was a HUGE TV watcher. (I get way too restless with movies. After 45 minutes, I'm pretty much done. You don't even want to know how many sittings a LotR movie took...)

My 2 favorite shows ever have now been canceled: Numb3rs and Shark.

These were the shows I used to watch every week, without fail: CSI: Miami, NY, Vegas, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, NCIS, Shark, Numb3rs. I also got into Eleventh Hour, then they canceled it.

I love crime/law shows. :D

Also if anyone watched the new spin off of criminal minds, what did you think? I thought it was okay, maybe it was just because it was the pilot episode but it was lacking the thought/profiling that is the basis of the original.

WHAT??? A Criminal Minds spin off? Is it like a different location like the NCIS and CSIs, or just a copy of the general idea? (I miss Gideon. He was the Spanish guy in the Princess Bride movie.) And I'm not sure it will be worth watching without JJ.

You know, I didn't actually catch if it was in a different location but I don't think it is. I believe it's just supposed to be another team of profilers. Penelope Garcia is their tech person too like the original. The show's called Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and they've got the 1st episode online at cbs.com here http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds_suspect_behavior/ if you want to watch it.

Yay! A lot of us like the same shows haha

Dexter, True Blood, Buffy, CSI, NCIS Nurse Jackie, Reality TV, most travel shows, Shameless (US), Misfits, Being Human, TVD... yeah haha

Super thankful for DVRs and the internet to catch up!

The premiere of Criminal Minds: Suspect Behaviour was so-so. I think they sort of jumped into that one agents anger issues too soon. It was like we missed a few episodes. One of the good things that CM has is that their plots are generally scary/creepy; this story line was very mediocre and the only creepy part was the actor.

But, it was the first episode and hopefully more exciting storylines are to come!

Spritzie, did you ever see the Criminal Minds episode with the other team? Where they worked the crime with the fathers and daughters being kidnapped? The second team is the one featured in the spinoff of Criminal Minds. It's called Criminal Minds: Suspect Behaviour. IMDB page here

Now. Series I currently watch:

Lost Girl

Being Human

Angel

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

NCIS

NCIS Los Angelos

House

Dr. Who

Burn Notice

Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour

Covert Affairs

Drop Dead Diva

The Good Wife

CSI

CSI Miami

CSI NY

The Mentalist

Castle

I watch some of those shows regularly, but the CSIs and Covert Affairs tend to overlap with other stuff, or be on days that I don't watch TV usually. But you see, I keep the TV on in the back ground, no matter what I am doing, because I live at home by myself, with my two cats. Cats don't really talk. Well, they do, but they don't speak my language. :P So I keep the TV on for background noise.

I used to watch Numb3rs.... I miss it very much, and I was TERRIBLY disappointed in the ending.

Anyway, yeah, I watch a lot of TV, but some of it I don't really watch :P

No I haven't. I probably haven't watched a TV show, not on DVD (We've been watching West Wing, and old seasons of Criminal Minds) in over a year and a half. So I'm way far behind.

And shhhh about Numb3r's ending. I still haven't seen it. :sad02: It's too soon. As soon as I heard it was going to be canceled, I quit watching. I wanted to wait. And I haven't been able to deal with it yet. (As sad as that sounds, it was the most amazing show ever to me. Plus, it's the show that caused me to meet my best friend.)

*clears throat* I'm a fan of:

Panel shows:

-Mock the Week

-Never Mind the Buzzcocks

-QI

-Have I Got News For You

-8 out of 10 Cats

-Argumental

-The Bubble

-Ask Rhod Gilbert

Other comedy shows:

-Comedy Rocks with Jason Manford

-Live At The Apollo

-Whose Line Is It Anyway

-Fast and Loose

-Russell Howard's Good News

-10 O'Clock Live

-Let's Dance for Comic/Sport Relief

Other shows:

-Dr Who

-Top Gear

Oh dear, I am such a panel game show nerd :laughingsmiley:

I watch nearly all of the shows you listed there Nom x3! *high-fives* :D

Can I just say that I have never heard of any of your panel shows but boy oh boy do they some great names :laughingsmiley:

There's British Comedy for you :P The fun starts in the names. :laughingsmiley:

Since my tv is broken (happened a few month ago) I don't watch tv anymore.

I just watched documentaries because the german (private) channels are just too bad ~_~"

And the Series I like are just horrible dubbed oÒ

The Swiss and Austrian channel are the only ones you can watch all series/films with the original audio track.

(Beside that I am an impatient person and don't want to wait till they maid a german dubbed version^^" I just watch it on the internet.)

And the news are just frustrating ^^"

I used to be in love with the Las Vegas CSI. I stopped watching it around the time that Grissom was leaving, and I could never get back into it.

On some rainy day, I'll probably try watching it again.

But for whatever reason, major casting changes have always turned me off of shows. (House & ER to name a few..just couldn't stick with them after the people changed too much.)

Oh my goodness I love television. Thank god I have a PVR. XD

My favorites are: Supernatural (oh my god tonight's episooooodeeee), Nikita, True Blood, Bones, Hawaii Five-0, Modern Family, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs.

The only characters in House that I feel could never change would be House, Cuddy, and Wilson. And besides, the cast really didn't change all that much, just shuffled around :P

I loooove Thirteen. I didn't like her at first. I thought she was too pretty to be a believable doctor. But she's got heart and she's really brilliant, and I have a not-inconsiderable hetero crush on her.

I love TV! Here are shows we watch at night in bed:

Family Guy

Futurama

American Dad

King of the Hill

[adult swim in general, except that stupid Tim and Eric show, Great Job Awesome whatever. I really love Tom Goes To The Mayor though.]

The First 48

America's Funniest Home Videos

House

CSI (Las Vegas)

1000 Ways To Die

Forensic Files

Dr. G Medical Examiner

My Strange Addiction

Heavy (our new favorite show)

Tabitha's Salon Takeover

Supreme Court of Comedy

Ghost Adventures

My Ghost Story

Celebrity Ghost Stories

(funny thing is, I don't believe in ghosts. Yet I keep watching "ghost reality" shows.)

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (Drew Carey version, the UK version never comes on anymore)

Tosh.0

any documentary about mummies/Egyptology that I haven't already seen

iCarly

Seinfeld

I think that's about it.

I've never really been much of a TV person, but now I watch quite a bit, as I will do anything to procrastinate (also we just got a nice new big TV)

I really love Modern Family and House. Plus they're showing The Biggest Loser at the moment which I am kind of addicted to. I also love Gilmore Girls, Flight of the Conchords and The IT Crowd. And The Simpsons and Futurama.