Cannot see Neopets pages properly!

Mirajane

I just joined a guild on Neopets, finished introducing myself, and suddenly, after I refresh the page I can no longer see the page. I can see the Neopets bar at the top of the page, and my active Neopet on the left, but nothing else.

I can still see NC Mall page, but besides that, NOTHING. I can't even see the index page. But after I log out, I can.

I've logged in on my side account to see if it has the same problem, and it does. I can't see most Neopets pages no matter which account I use.

Please help me D:

I'm curious, what browsers were you guys using?

I've had no issues on Chrome. But I logged into a side on Firefox and briefly had the issue.

I was using Internet Explorer when it happened. So I hurriedly downloaded Firefox praying it would work... I've downloaded Firefox for nothing. =_= But nevermind... I'll download Chrome, too, in the event that something like this happens again.

Sounds like programmer error, and/or page bits getting stuck in a file cache somewhere on the Neopets servers due to heavy load. If it happens again, it's probably not on your end, so clear your cache and come back later and it should be fixed. :)

Weird, I'm having an issue today also but it's totally different. When I'm at neopets.com, the top navigation bar doesn't show up. It shows up fine on all other pages, but on the neopets.com index page it is missing. *shrugs*

Okay, that's the issue Spritzie's been having as well, but I haven't been able to reproduce it at all - it's still probably a regional issue of some sort though (stuck mirror perhaps?).

See, Theo! I wasn't crazy.

I've had the issue on my Netbook in Chrome and Firefox. (Clearing my cache didn't work.) My husband had the issue in Firefox on his laptop. And now I'm at work with the same issue in Chrome, FF, and IE. Nothing has worked to fix it.

Definitely a Neopets-side issue from the number of people running into it I think. :yes:

...it's still probably a regional issue of some sort though (stuck mirror perhaps?).

To clarify: I think the issue is that bad code got stuck on one of Neopets' servers. Only people who access Neopets via that server are seeing the issue. It's possible that even TNT isn't aware of this, if their office is routed through a different server. Submitting tickets is probably a good idea. :)

All right, it looks like TNT got round to fixing it (or some cron job managed to sync things up properly). :yes: Now we're just having trouble with the servers randomly being too loaded to actually display any pages...

Edit: Actually it seems suspiciously like one of their mirrors is running with PHP disabled...

Well, tweak your system enough and you generally start to get a decent idea of which tweaks cause which problems. xD