What is a prayer that you use daily?

brandongamer

So, for those that "pray" and actually believe in a God - what's a prayer that you use daily? Is it from the bible? Or is something that you made up?

I know one of my favorites is:

"Dear heavenly father,

Thank you for blessing me with another day here on earth, please give me the strength and courage to make it through this day"

I don't have a formal prayer. I just talk to God and tell him firstly that I appreciate everything He's given me, then I ask him to take care of my loved ones, and then I ask Him to help me with whatever.

Sometimes the prayers are more specific than others.

• 2 weeks later...

As im neither a Catholic nor Christian, i have a question. When do you guys pray?

I only pray when my friends or family are in pain or in need of help. So the answer the original question, I don't have a daily prayer.

I'm not at all a religious person...but I went to a Catholic school for two years, and this topic totally just reminded me about how we had a morning prayer every morning. And someone from the 8th grade class would have to say it over the intercom to lead the whole school. Totally forgot about all that until I saw this question.

• 1 month later...

I'm "spiritual but not religious", as they say, so I don't have any sort of prayer from the Bible and like Viridian, only pray when I'm particularly thankful for something or in need. However, once I was walking down the street and overheard someone say, "Today is a gift." That may not even have been what he said, but it's what I heard, and I really like that sentence - I kind of repeat it to myself whenever I'm having a bad day, to remind me of all the things to be thankful for in every single day. Maybe this is more of a quote than a prayer, but to me it has strong spiritual significance so...I guess I'll post it here, haha.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.