Opinion on Guilds?

gunder401

I was thinking about joining a guild, but I don't really know anything about them.

What do you guys think?? What are the different types, do you like them, too much time required, the best guilds, etc.? I don't have a ton of time, but I think it would be nice to be in one, since I've been on NP for like 7 years and haven't done it :/

I like guilds. For people like me, who mainly lurk on the boards/don't even go there, it's a great way to actually "meet" neopians, and get to know some people. I was in a Twilight guild (yes. twilight. gross. I stopped liking it after I realized how silly it was, but I'm still in the guild for the people there) for quite some time/still am. I met some great people. Neopets related guilds can be good too. Try looking on the guild board if you're looking to join a guild. Keep in mind though, that those are mostly smaller/start up guilds that may take awhile to become big. It sounds silly, but it's kind of like choosing a college. You can go to a big one, or a small one, based on your interests, and there are varying degrees of participation for every one. You might as well try to find one. You have nothing to lose right?

Types...Avatar Collecting, Similar Interests (HP, Twilight, Warriors, anything), Adoption guilds, Neopets Related, Purge Guilds...there's a guild for basically everything.

You also want to consider whether you want a public guild (anyone can join), or a private guild, where you have to be invited (request by NM).

Guilds have varying degrees of activity, and you have to remember that some will die out. I don't really think that being a member of a guild is too much of a time requirement. You don't even have to be active if you can't afford the time to be. But it's really fun.

Yeah...I just kind of thought-barfed there. Hope it makes sense! :P

Sigh...I have long had a love/hate relationship with guilds. Guilds are great if you find the right one...but that's a big IF. For me it's hard to find somewhere that I enjoy hanging out because I'm a grownup and I seek the company of other grownups. Grownups, of course, being somewhat rare on Neo...anyway, I'm in a guild right now that started out great, but I feel like I'm one of the only ones participating, and my wallet is getting kinda light. Sigh. I just want somewhere that will lend me expensive av stuff for free and not get on my nerves, which is apparently too much to ask for!

I think guilds can be really great. I've been an active member of 3 different ones. The first was back in 2006, and none of us played after the summer that year. So it was fun for a time, but quickly grew boring. The second guild I was invited to shortly after coming back from the hiatus i took in 2006, last April. That was also really fun for a time, but a lot of people were really inactive, there were a lot of younger kids, and almost EVERYONE was a neobeggar. Seriously. I got so tired of the kids being like "OMG WHEN ARE WE GONNA HAVE A BABY PB 1NP AUCTION???" especially one girl who was clearly not listening to a thing the guild leader and I were trying to tell her about earning NPs through stocks, food club, games, etc. So I quit that one, and a month or two ago I applied for an 18+ customization guild. Met lots of cool people, and we have a great time chatting. The only problem is that most of them live in other time zones, so I'm not really on when everyone's chatting. But that's ok because i don't have the time to be too active anyway.

TL;DR, guilds can be a rewarding experience that help you meet people, work together towards common goals, and just chat about things. But it can be a bit of work before you find the right fit :)

Well, I love *my* guild. I founded in back in 2006 when I was tired of the baby guild I had joined. It's a maraqua & water Neo-related guild! :)

My conception of a guild is a place where people are not afraid to discuss of anything (that is appropriate with TNT's terms and conditions) and where everyone supports each other. Because I wanted the guild to remain fun for everyone and to protect us from spamers and begging users, it has been set to 'private' and we usually become 'opened' only for the time of the Altador Cup.

Members wise, I'd say that 10-15/89 users are active on a weekly basis. Since I'm busy with University, I don't update the activities on a regular basis. (I kinda want to change that, but I need some time off to reorganise it...) Winners of activities get a mention on our webbie and earn points for their house. At the end of the month, I post which house had the most point and I also keep a yearly total. Since there are no np prize given ever, there is no need to ask for donations from members :P

Everyone is encouraged to ask questions about Neopets and to comment about various dimension of the game. We also make a big deal of the Altador Cup since most of us are actively supporting Maraqua ;)

I'm not really to into guilds. But, that may be just because I've not found the one for me. I am not able to log on every day, sometimes I go days/weeks only logging on to zap my pets (due to work. I needs me a laptop!) And when I come back I find that people seem to not remember me, or the guild will have a huge influx of people I don't know. Or, I'll be on when everyone else is sleeping and be all alone. Ugh.

So, I end up mostly lurking boards and longing for neo-friendship XD

pardon my ignorance but that is exactly in a guild, because I'm in Neo_billonarios, I do not know if they've seen, but never really interested me in part, nor have they done anything since I'm in it, so my question .

would be good to join one that if they did anything, anyone know of any good?

greetings.

Back in 2002 I had my own guild, but it was a constant source of frustration because people kept being active for a few weeks, benefit from giveaways and then forgetting all about it. It was fun, though, and I made some Neofriends.

I have never found a nice and pleasant guild since then, though I have tried a few. Some were too active for my liking (I like being able to keep up with all the messages and events without having to read pages and pages of slow chat every couple of hours) and some were completely inactive. Some had the right kind of activity level, but were not at all inclusive (a hardcore group of members supporting each other and ignoring the newbie's posts).

Maybe I will start looking for a guild again soon :)

I tend to join guilds of things I'm interested in (usually non-Neo related books, movies, music etc) thinking "This is going to be great! I'm going to participate in discussions and meet other people like me that play Neo!". Then all those ideals go out the window and a couple days later, I forget I'm in a guild at all :whistle:

You should try the Kindred spirits Guild. It is run by adults and It has quite a few adults in it. There are 250+ members. It is a non-begging supportative with many active posts a day. We have many events. Good luck in your search

Are you in that guild? This is so hard :/ I have no idea what I want. Oh, and I tried searching but I couldn't find the guild you mentioned.

I personally like to be co-owners for guilds, or at least on a council spot.

I like them because they move slower than the NeoBoards, and you can generally weed out people that are obtuse.

My guild is theme-less, so we are very laid back. We aren't extremely active like some, but then again, we only have 15 members :)