Contact Lenses

Empress Keiko

I think that they can be tacky, but they look cool, Im not going to get them, though, until I get used to my contacts.

I got contacts when I was 15 years old. That was in 1986, when they were still fairly new. I've been wearing them for 20 years and have worn just about every kind. Hard ones, soft ones, etc. Presently I'm wearing the ones you throw out every day. They are expensive, but not having to clean them is really nice. I can't stand glasses - never have. I had them for two years before my parents finally gave in to contacts because I never ever wore my glasses. I couldn't recognize people only 10 feet away and still wouldn't wear them because I felt they were uncomfortable.

I've never had a problem with contacts. I've occassionally forgotten and slept in them and found that if I did I should just drip saline solution into my eyes for a while and blink a lot. In a few mintues they moisten up enoungh I can take them out without them hurting which means I'm not hurting the eye.

I just had my eye exam a few weeks ago and everyone there was so surprised that I hadn't even owned a pair of glasses in 8 years ...just the contacts. :)

I hope you enjoy your contacts. They can take a little getting used to, but they are great!

A long time ago I saw this guy with a red contac lense on his left eye and a purple one on the right lol so creepy.

lol sounds weird...i wouldnt do that because i'm still sane

I worked with a guy who actually had his canine teeth (the ones that are longer in the front on each side) set forward to look like fangs (not sure why the dentist agreed to that). He would put red contact lenses in and dress all in black. He went into the Vantican that way (we were in Rome on a business trip) and kept smiling at the nuns and making "pope on a rope" (instead of soap on a rope) type jokes. I'm surprised he wasn't kicked out. I think he startled a few nuns though.

Contact lenses don't hurt after a few weeks of getting used to them (been wearing them since 4th grade) atfirst they take a while but then they are like 10 gatrillion times better glasses. And besides my eyes re really bad and get worse a bunch so contacts help make your eye stay the same shape and stuff. Also glasses make my head look like a bowling ball XD!! And like grass tiger said there good as long as you don't forget to take them out when you sleep. I also haven't owned a pair of glasses since about 6 months after I got my contacts!!! I steal my mom's (pathetic 13 with awfujl eyesight. I'm a 6 in one eye and a 6.5 in the other.)

I worked with a guy who actually had his canine teeth (the ones that are longer in the front on each side) set forward to look like fangs (not sure why the dentist agreed to that). He would put red contact lenses in and dress all in black. He went into the Vantican that way (we were in Rome on a business trip) and kept smiling at the nuns and making "pope on a rope" (instead of soap on a rope) type jokes. I'm surprised he wasn't kicked out. I think he startled a few nuns though.

:laughingsmiley: Any photos?

I've got fortnightly lenses, but I can't remember if I put them in last Monday, or...two Mondays ago. :S

Contact lenses should never hurt. If they do perhaps trying a different brand or a lesser prescription. Some get dried out real easily if your eyes don't produce a lot of moisture. I had to try a bunch of different ones. Most of the time I don't even realize they are there, but I use my peripheral vision a lot and so glasses annoy me since I can't see out the sides of them. I know most people get used to it, but I never did. I was always taking them off and accidentally breaking them. Opps. Oh well. :)

How are your contacts doing now? Are you getting used to them?

• 3 weeks later...