Underwater Fishing

mxpxrocks222

Is it worth it?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Is Underwater Fishing worth doing?

I am at fishing level 140 and still no avatar. But yes, I think it's worth it. Free food a lot of the time, it takes a few seconds to do, the avatar, and at super high levels maybe you will get crazy awesome things! :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably going to sound weird, but back when I had a classic neohome, I used to fish specifically for kelp.

I had a few garden "squares" dedicated to kelp - red, green, brown, crystalline - and the sea fungus stuff too :)

That's pretty brilliant! I like the void plants myself, after getting Pack Rat I'm still finding it difficult getting rid of all that junk because I keep hoping they'll get made into useful items.

There are plenty of things to fish...

Some have been mentioned before:

Pike Pike (4.5 Water icons, 4.5 Light icons)

Irritable Genie-in-a-Bottle (gain 1-3 levels, one use only)

Some great items you probably don't know:

Mysterious Swirly Potion (convert your pet into a random limited edition one, one use only)

Flask of Rainbow Fountain Water (you can paint your pet with random color, one use only)

I actually really enjoy fishing, I like how it's spontaneous and random and the higher levels give you better prizes!

Personally I'm working towards the avvie and then I'll just hope for those super rare items ;)

It's quick and easy. It's like (imho) most of the neopet dailies. You get a lot of lame stuff, but sometimes the stars line up and you get something sweet. For the time it takes I can't see a reason not to do it... that being said I don't do it *every day* if I'm in a hurry I just skip it.

• 3 weeks later...

while it is usually worthless, a few good things CAN come out of it

1. Another cool stat to show off on a petpage

2. The avvy

3. Random rare things like angry genie in a bottle

4. Free trades tha say "10 junks items auto"

5. Items toward packrat avvy

other than that it is worthless this stuff makes up 99% of the money tree

• 4 weeks later...

It's free so I don't see how it can't be worth it. The worst that could happen is you get some junk item and donate it lol. And at least it doesn't give out diseases or make you lose np or hit points either like some other 'dailes' can.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.