Trading Neopets Question!

aznmahjongboy

Is it worth it to trade a FFQ (Fountain Faerie Quest) custom pet for a MSP Poogle? What's the best color/species combinations I can get from trading people using a FFQ custom?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets General Chat’ to ‘Neopets Help ’.

I'm confused, do you have the FFQ? Because if you do, I'm not really sure why you would trade for anything because you could just create a poogle and paint it plushie yourself and it would have whatever name you wanted. But I guess if you still wanted to trade your FFQ for another pet, the best you could do would be trade for a krawk or draik since they are harder to create as a pet. Or I suppose you might be able to find someone that was willing to trade an unconverted neopet of some kind if you're into that.

Edit: Apparently I am wrong and you cannot get MSP from the FFQ, my bad, sorry.

Erh, could a mod move this to help as well?

A "FFQ" custom isn't really a custom. It's also difficult making sure you have the correct Species that people actually really want (draiks, rare coloured chias, tonu, chomby, other rare or limited edition pets) when you do get a FFQ (and if you don't already have one you'll notice how rare they really are). Maraquan pets are getting really popular, but it still depends on the pet and stats, and even THEN you may not find someone who wants that specific colour.

Some popular pets are:

Nearly any colour draik

Maraquan pets

Veggie/fruit coloured Chias (ask on Neoboards about what are most popular, or here if you want :) )

Darigan or Mutant pets

Any extremely rare coloured pets, or really really limited edition pets are going to maybe get you a trade for a MSP poogle. Although even then you might not have very good chances at getting that trade unless you offer an actual custom (with Neopoint wearables and NC wearables, and most likely some really really really nice training, and probably even a good petpet) along with it. I'd try looking on the forum for someone who is trading a MSPP and ask what custom they would want, then work on the custom and make sure they'll stick to the deal. If it doesn't seem like that trade would be worth a MSPP, You should be Hesitant!

I agree with goldenlupe08, you should find a possible MSPP trader before painting the pet. Let them know that you are able to paint the pets using the FF, and you should be prepared to offer some limited edition pets/rare colors.

Any extremely rare coloured pets, or really really limited edition pets are going to maybe get you a trade for a MSP poogle. Although even then you might not have very good chances at getting that trade unless you offer an actual custom (with Neopoint wearables and NC wearables, and most likely some really really really nice training, and probably even a good petpet) along with it. I'd try looking on the forum for someone who is trading a MSPP and ask what custom they would want, then work on the custom and make sure they'll stick to the deal. If it doesn't seem like that trade would be worth a MSPP, You should be Hesitant!

It's against the rule to offer anything else than the pet. So you cannot offer to train or to attach a petpet. A trade is supposed to be a pet for a pet, regardless of what strings are attached to it. <_<

I agree with goldenlupe08, you should find a possible MSPP trader before painting the pet. Let them know that you are able to paint the pets using the FF, and you should be prepared to offer some limited edition pets/rare colors.

Woo! haha.

Forgot to mention the fact about how slightly uncommon MSPP's are. So, you SHOULD be prepared to have to offer a limited edition pet, or really rare colours.

It's against the rule to offer anything else than the pet. So you cannot offer to train or to attach a petpet. A trade is supposed to be a pet for a pet, regardless of what strings are attached to it. <_<

Ahh, didn't know that. *shrug* I'm new to trading xD

Although if the pet does already have good training, then that helps with value but isn't against the rules. :)

I'm confused, do you have the FFQ? Because if you do, I'm not really sure why you would trade for anything because you could just create a poogle and paint it plushie yourself

You can't create MSPs with an FFQ ;)

In terms of the question, an FFQ for a MSP is a typical and great trade to make, straight up. You get a desired and lab-only pet, and they generally get a pirate/plushie/FFQ only color.

The thing is, since you're offering a custom, as opposed to the other trader, you could trade even higher than that. FFQs offered on Draiks or Krawks, BD pets, or RN/RWs increase the trading value significantly. (for example a Draik named Bob with an HSD of 500 with the FFQ custom would trade far better than if you just attempted to offer an FFQ custom on a WN basic creatable pet. So it all depends on how high up you want to trade. :D

Hope that helps! Good luck trading! ^.^

You can't create MSPs with an FFQ ;)

Woops, sorry about the false information. I never really cared about msp that much so I just thought all poogles painted plushie looked like that, apparently they do not.

Woops, sorry about the false information. I never really cared about msp that much so I just thought all poogles painted plushie looked like that, apparently they do not.

Haha don't worry about it! :) That's what the MSPs want you to believe - they're in league with the Meepits :O

I'm actually zapping for MSP currently...I'd love to trade for an FFQ, much as I'd love to keep xD Hopefully I come up with some much-needed lab luck!! :D

I'm still kinda new to neopets, so I'm still wondering, are draiks and krawks worth more than MSPP or are their value just about the same? By the way, a FFQ custom is equivalent to around how much Xmillion custom, in your opinion?

We all were once! Questions are always the best possible thing to help you learn, so you can never ask too many!

I'm actually not totally sure about that! :S Draiks and krawks are only create-able through an egg, petpet, or potion. Meanwhile MSPP's are (I believe) only create-able through labbing. Judging by that, I would think they are fairly even. All three are crazy popular and both are worth a lot, but I think draiks and krawks would be worth a tad more, seeing as anyone can get a MSPP from a lab map (with some luck of course).

It totally depends on the custom. If someone offered me ad esert draik custom, that would be worth about 13million or more (seeing as dessie draik eggs are 13mil on average). If someone offered me a blue uni custom, well that would be worth nothing to me. Value always depends on the custom, the pet, the species, the colour, and the person offering on it. Someone who hates Kyriis will not offer anything on a kyrii custom unless it's got an epic name and a potion waiting for it in the inventory. Someone who LOVES Kyriis, though, would snap that up in a flash.

This is a pretty good guide to help you! MSP's are up there with Krawks and Draiks, and you'll probably find a person interested without much trouble. However, the species they want the FFQ to be used on may cause some concern.

Know how much you'd be willing to spend to morph a pet, going into it.

http://www.neopets.com/~Flanquer

At any rate, it's a great petpage to look through :)

On a guide of recent trades that I looked through, someone traded a Real Named Maraquan Usul for an MSP. Another traded their MSP for a BN unconcerted Grey. Gives some sort of idea....

Well, the guide/pet page that was posted explains all of that.

But to short answer it: Probably yes to a draik. Unsure about Krawk. The colors depend on what they want to spend/have to offer (again all colors eligible are listed in the guide).

I have an FFQ that I am still waiting to use (I got it over a year ago), but if you're really persistent on the PC (Pound Chat), then you can definetly get an MSP. I've been offered UC Mutants and stuff, but you just want to make sure that you like the pet that you're trading for. That's the bottom line. I mean, make sure you like the pet. Or check out trading guides like that one to see how to trade up. Also: MAKE SURE YOUR TRADE IS FIRM. You don't want to create a custom to trade, and then the person backs out, and you have a pet that you don't like and won't be able to get whatever pet you want for. :D Good luck!

Edit: another pet trading guide. http://www.neopets.com/~x__loveable

I mean, it's really not something that you'll ever know for sure. Just be careful of the people who are always "considering" or looking for better trades, even if they've already confirmed to trade with you. (I know. There are people like that out there....). You should be okay. I don't think it happens that much with FFQs, just because people know they're a pretty big deal, and usually people are trading for dream pets.

Not in regards to TNT. The PC is quite an active forum, and you might get flamed a little bit, but no. Nothing that TNT can do about it. That I know of. I lurk the PC alot, but don't really trade that much...right now, cause of the Purge, it's reallyyyy busy. Just be persistent. You might get a lot of RW/RN offers.

Is there any penalty for backing out on a trade after its been agreed on by both parties?

I believe there is one circumstance where it *could* be: say I am trading you a pet (like MSP), and I want a pirate pet in return, so you buy a brush (which costs about 10 million) and paint the pet, and then I back out. You don't really want the pirate pet, and your odds of getting another pet you like for the pirate species/name is rare, so in effect you're out quite a few NP.

I think something like that can be considered scamming, since you're making the other person lose NP.

I believe something like this was in the editorial, in issues 380 and 434. The wording is making it hard to understand, though.

Also, straight from the editorial:

As long as the custom painting is done before the trade, that's fine. No items / Neopoints / additional Neopets can be traded along with the Neopet.

...and NC items can't be transferred unless they are sent in a gift box (for one of the first posts)

I'm glad you got your MSPP. Congrats! I'm hoping to get my own FFQ someday soon. (Definitely getting a Chocolate Draik.)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.