Question to those with the Meerca Chase Avatar..

Emily

I usually play either hard or super gravity mode. Did those who got the avatar get it from the hard mode, where you have to collect a ridiculous number of neggs or get lucky with the good ones, or on super gravity mode where each negg is worth more?

I got the avatar on Super Gravity Mode. Once I became reasonably good at playing this way, I would just keep reloading until my game started with a non-yellow negg, preferably one of the high-point ones.

What's super gravity mode?

It's a special mode you can play Meerca Chase II in. :yes: You can access it by typing superextrahypergravitymode on the main game page. There's more information on our guide. :)

Ooo, I never knew about gravity mode. But how do you avoid getting sucked in when it starts to suck everything in, or is that not possible? Because even when I'm on the very outer edge I'm getting eaten by the black hole.

Edit: JK I guess, you get automatically sucked in if you touch the outer wall or your negg tail.

Did someone ever read the description of the Super Gravity mode ?

It's Stop 'n' Go. How can we make a better summary of that mode ?

Play in circles (go) and stop to move slower towards neggs that are near red ones or near the center (stop). Then it's all a matter of luck. I got more than 2,500 points from that mode with a fish and a power negg :D At the end, it was just too messy with the long tail and red neggs everywhere... XD

Yes, apparently you do die if you touch the wall because then you get sucked into the middle. Also, I just got the avatar and I only had to get 2 neggs. I got a fish negg then a rainbow negg and that is already over the 1250 you need for the avatar so keep trying :woot:

Gravity mode does take some practice. On the bright side, once you get the hang of it, you will be a lot better at Dubloon Disaster, so you can then try for that avatar.

Congrats on the avatar, Wembly! That's exactly why I said to restart if you don't get a good negg right at the start.

I've always been scared to try Gravity mode. (Watching my husband playing it was even nerve-wrecking.) But I'm going to have to give it a try, for the avatar.

Is it better to wait for just a non-yellow Negg, like Meghan mentioned, or should I wait for a slightly higher point Negg?

Gravity mode does take some practice. On the bright side, once you get the hang of it, you will be a lot better at Dubloon Disaster, so you can then try for that avatar.

I found Dubloon disaster so much easier simply because after a certain number of mines show up (is it 9 or 10?) they stop popping up. And you can "move" them. Red neggs stay put, forcing you to contort your meerca train into strange places and, my favourite, can pop up right in your path while your chasing down the good neggs. So. Frustrating.

Dubloon Disaster is far easier than Meerca Chase. :yes: All you have to do is keep taking out mines so there are only two or three around at once.

Dubloon Disaster is far easier than Meerca Chase. :yes: All you have to do is keep taking out mines so there are only two or three around at once.

While that seems to make sense, I must have terrible luck when trying to do that because the new mines that appear ALWAYS appear either right under me or right next to me so I die immediately, hence I go with the keeping all 10 on the screen and 'rounding them up'

I used Super Gravity Mode. For me, it took a lot of practice, but I did eventually get it. I would just restart if I started with a yellow Negg, but I would play any that started with a non-yellow Negg, even if just for practice. My strategy is to pick one direction (usually counterclockwise) and continuously travel in circles around the center by holding the Up arrow and tapping the Left arrow as necessary. If I miss a Negg one time around, I just try again the other time around.

I find Meerca Chase much easier than Dubloon Disaster. Then again, I've never tried the rounding up method, so maybe I should.

Also, the nice thing about Meerca Chase is when you're trying for the avatar, you can usually make 3k a day. You only need around 600 to earn 1k.

If you don't have to use the hard difficulty - which I'm assuming you don't - I suggest actually using a slower level. After playing at Hard, medium will be really easy and you will be able to last longer and think about where you need to go better. Remember the Tortoise and the Hare story? Didn't the tortoise win? I always use medium level because it still pays well point-wise, and I've been getting higher scores than when I rush it on Hard.

I really suggest you try the Medium or Easy levels to gain more points in the long run. Easy REALLY tries your patience, so if you want a happy medium... Well go use medium xD

Is it better to wait for just a non-yellow Negg, like Meghan mentioned, or should I wait for a slightly higher point Negg?

Non-yellow neggs seem to attract more of the same, in my experience. If you start with, say, a grey negg, it always seemed that there was a higher chance of then getting other coloured neggs after that. I don't know if there is any real truth to this though.

Non-yellow neggs seem to attract more of the same, in my experience. If you start with, say, a grey negg, it always seemed that there was a higher chance of then getting other coloured neggs after that. I don't know if there is any real truth to this though.

That could make a little sense.. Maybe? Although something tells me that it's all random, but that would be a sensible game "secret" that TNT would do.

It probably is random but I agree with the seeming tendency to colored neggs attracting others. I would bet that TNT didn't necessarily do it on purpose but it probably results from the algorithm they use to create a 'random' set because well, quite frankly, computers don't know how to do random, they have to have digits from some irrational number set :guiltysmiley: