Reading Books To Pets

Lamppost

I tried reading certain books to one of my pets, but she won't read it. She says, "That is such a boring book." Is it because her intelligence is too high, or like petpets have something to do with her name, or something else altogether? Any ideas?

Also, do you read books to your pets? Why or why not?

It's the name thing, just like with petpets, certain foods, even Healing Potions. (There's one Healing Potion my Jubjub refuses to touch.)

So just change your language to one of the ones with characters, like Chinese, then read it. (If it still refuses, change to a different one.) That always works for me.

And as far as reading books to pets and that discussion, we have a topic for that located HERE.

I usually give my pets books to read just because there are always a bunch in my inventory (thanks Key Quest :rolleyes_anim: ) and it's too much of a hassle to price it in my shop (usually they're worthless anyway). I have no idea what my pet's intelligence has to do with anything, except perhaps the battledome, so I guess reading to them is slightly better than chucking the books away.

Argh, sorry, posted before I saw Spriztie's link.

Edited by selusa

Thank you both for your help. I thought I had seen a thread about this before, but I figured since I had another question too, I would stick in the second one. I ended up switching to Spanish and it worked just fine.

I'm glad it worked. I had one book I tried reading to Aitvara that she refused to read, even after I changed it to every single language. I finally read it to my Jubjub. :laughingsmiley:

It's irritating, but usually I change it to the last language and it works.

Does this problem apply to petpets too, cause I can't seem to attach most of my favorite petpets onto one of my pets?

Yes, it does. I've had the issue with petpets, books, foods, healing potions... Try changing the language until you find one where your pet will accept it.

Yes, it does. I've had the issue with petpets, books, foods, healing potions... Try changing the language until you find one where your pet will accept it.

Thanks! It works now!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm glad it worked for you. It can be really frustrating.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.