Adver Video

Secre

I had that problem one day last week. I just gave up for the day and it fixed itself by the next day.

It's been going on for a couple of weeks now and it hasn't changed whatever day I've tried it...

I sent a ticket in an just got an unhelpful automated response back...

They didn't actually tell me to do anything. The exact response was:

'Thanks for writing. We are sorry to hear that you are having problems playing games on Neopets. We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

We appreciate your taking the time to report this issue to us! We have categorized your ticket based on this specific issue and we have reported it to the correct people. Since it has been categorized, we will be able to share any additional information that we learn with you through this ticket.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to replace any items or Neopoints that may have been lost due to this bug. We hope to have this issue resolved shortly!

Rico S.'

So I'm not quite sure what to do!

I receive a 3 second video of darkness and then I can spin the wheel. Personally, works great for me since it goes so fast, I get my np faster! I just have to close it after spinning once each or else the rest of my spins won't actually give me np.

no issues for the new version. I've had it before with the old version but it fixed itself when I refreshed a few times or tried again later.

Maybe switching browsers would work? I dunno :S

I use Internet Explorer. I had the glitch a few weeks ago, but now it works fine. The Ads are shrot and sweet :laughingsmiley:

It's possible the new version of Adver Video may have changed some URLs around and invalidated TDN's ad blocking whitelist. Are you using an ad blocker when playing Adver Video? If so, does disabling it temporarily help?

I should be able to roll out a fresh update to our whitelist if necessary. :yes:

It's possible the new version of Adver Video may have changed some URLs around and invalidated TDN's ad blocking whitelist. Are you using an ad blocker when playing Adver Video? If so, does disabling it temporarily help?

I should be able to roll out a fresh update to our whitelist if necessary. :yes:

I'm on Chrome and use TDN's whitelist, and I don't have any issues. So I don't believe that's an issue. At least for Chrome. (If it's different depending on the browser.)

Thank you! I hadn't thought of that!

I use ABP ad blocker and it does seem that that was the problem! It's never been an issue before...

Thank you!

:laughingsmiley: I was totally wrong. I'm glad disabling the AD blocker helped. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.

Just inserting one final post into this topic, for information purposes:

Our filter list was set to whitelist the entire Adver Video game page, allowing the game to load its ads successfully. However, when the new version of Adver Video was rolled out, its game ID changed, changing the page's URL and invalidating the old whitelist rule. The reason this issue wasn't seen by everyone was likely because not all the ads in Adver Video (depending on the region) were being stopped by the existing filters.

Anyway, I've updated the whitelist, so as soon as Adblock updates your filters (Ctrl+Shift+E then Ctrl+Shift+T on Firefox, if you're feeling impatient) things should work fine again, without you having to manually disable Adblock. :)