i got frozen today D:

ChaoticFission

i logged into my account this evening to find out that it has been frozen :(

the reason they gave is: This account was using an 'auto buyer' to buy things from Neopet shops.

the thing is, i haven't used an auto buyer of any kind (and i wouldn't even know where to get one). do you think that it is possible to get my account back if i put together a well-worded appeal, with screenshots of my purchases? i usually take screenshots of my more profitable buys, although not that many, that i have managed to snag.

any assistance would be great.

thanks in advance

I think that if you took screenshots, that's great! Those are really helpful evidence. Sometimes not even a coherent, intelligent appeal will work (not that I'm bitter about my own failing, haha), but if you have physical evidence that you are innocent, then I bet you have a good chance.

Best of luck!

Show the screenshots to them as proof that you did nothing wrong. If they still don't take it, then they're even thicker in the head than I thought.

God, TNT are such idiots......wrongfully freezing people, giving terrible updates that do more harm than good, horrible plots with predictable endings, and don't get me started on NC again....

well, i submitted my appeal, listing as much detail and things that i remember from my account. i hope they get back to me. if not, i may lay off neopets for a little while. kind of depressing to think that all that hard work was for nothing (again).

just created a newbie account *sigh*. at the very least, if i decide to stay or come back, this account will age a bit. introducing: dealer_of_destiny and the battle pet, CloakedMenace.

What on earth is an auto-buyer? Surely TNT must know that people go crazy in the shops on HP day...

It makes no sense...

I really hope you get your account back...

yikes. good luck. and anything i get that has a high buy back rate i screenshot. and any good REs because then you can put em on your petpage and look super awesome with your achievements. im in the process of getting enough done so that i can set up my page and get it started. and a lot of people screenshot purchases and such.

What on earth is an auto-buyer? Surely TNT must know that people go crazy in the shops on HP day...

It makes no sense...

I really hope you get your account back...

after a quick search, an auto-buyer is a type of program cheaters use to automatically buy items from shops really quickly, and due to TNTs stance on automation, this is a big no-no.

From what I've read in this thread and from what I do during half price day. Anyone can get banned for spamming the refresh button now a days. Legally or not.

And I've ask some people from my guild and the forums. Turns out TNT rarely, if ever, lets AB'ers (real or not) get their accounts back...Of course this information may be false

yea, that's what i heard as well. that is really upsetting. especially since they waited for this godforsaken plot to be over, after i invested so much time into it, to ban the account. so now, besides the fact that i lost countless millions, avatars, few key quest tokens, few trophies, and 5 year account, i will also not be gaining any benefit from the exceedingly annoying plot.

:grrr:

yea, that's what i heard as well. that is really upsetting. especially since they waited for this godforsaken plot to be over, after i invested so much time into it, to ban the account. so now, besides the fact that i lost countless millions, avatars, few key quest tokens, few trophies, and 5 year account, i will also not be gaining any benefit from the exceedingly annoying plot.

:grrr:

After 9 years on Neopets, I have heard of very, very few people who have had an account unfrozen.

If I ever got my account frozen I'd be pretty annoyed. Especially if I didn't do anything wrong. I wonder if we could petition TNT to review their freezing and unfreezing policies. Though I wager that it has probably been tried several times before.

if one were to compare TNT to a form of government, one would say that it is more of a monarchy rather than a goverment-- they don't care to make a small "mistake" for the greater good. most importantly, they want for every user to know that their accounts are in jeopardy every single day. what they don't realize, however, is that freezing people randomly, especially those who have been with the site for a long time, would begin to deter them from continuing playing again.