Ghosts

somekaitlin

I just had the ghosts take away 500 NP even when I didn't have any! Now, it says that I have -500 NP. I usually keep all my NP in the bank to keep this from happening...so has something changed and I didn't notice? Has anyone else encountered this?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Unreleased News’ to ‘Neopets Help’.

I don't remember if it's always been this way, but that's how it is now.

If you get a RE that takes NP and you don't have it out of the bank, it will put you in the negative. The only way having NP in your bank saves you, is with the Tax Beast type RE, where it takes a percentage of the NP you have on hand.

It is kinda silly and illogical since it is difficult to take something that you don't have - TNT really should consider removing such an apparently flawed item. However I recall reading in The Neopian Times that it was intentional and will not be removed.

Oh well.

They just don't want people to avoid that kind of neopoint sink. The Tax Beast and Marrow Tax are the way they are as well to hopefully target people who are carrying massive amounts of NPs for restocking and such, rather than people who just take out NPs to do dailies and things. :)

Thank you for your help!

Argh, this whole side account thing is complicated...I've spent hours just trying to figure out what you can and can't do on them! Seems easier to just delete them, but I love my account names, and I'm sure they'll come in handy someday... ^_^

If a change was implemented it wasn't recent, I remember getting negative neopoints a while ago. As for the ghosts, it's a random event and there's no escaping it on any account.

Thank you for your help!

Argh, this whole side account thing is complicated...I've spent hours just trying to figure out what you can and can't do on them! Seems easier to just delete them, but I love my account names, and I'm sure they'll come in handy someday... ^_^

I'm glad we were able to answer your question.

Also, TDN has a page HERE about what you are, and aren't, allowed to do on side accounts.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.