Best of 2010

CAV of Gang Green

2010 was a good year for video games. And at the end of the year, gamers and critics alike list the best and worst games of the year. I want everyone to do the same. I want you to share your choices for:

Most Surprisingly Good Game

Most Disappointing Game

Least Improved Sequel

Most Improved Sequel

Best Story

Best Multiplayer

Best Co-op

Best Sports Game

Handheld Game of the Year

Worst Game of the Year

Game of the Year

You can choose as many runner-ups as possible. Or you can just choose one game. Anyway, here are my picks:

Legend_of_the_Guardians-The_Owls_of_GaHoole_%28video_game%29.jpg

Legend of the Guardians

This was something I didn't expect. I was blown away by how well the flight mechanics worked. And the combat wasn't bad either. The only true complaint I have is how short this game is (3 hours at most). If the game was longer, it would've been even better. This is the last game that Krome made before shutting down due to financial issues, and they went all out even dispite having lost a good amount of their employees. They reminded me that not all movie tie-ins are bad, provided they have time and they actually try.

2nd: Super Meat Boy

3rd: Vanquish

Most Disappointing Game

Aliens_vs_Predator_cover.jpg

Aliens vs. Predator

This was a pretty lackluster game. You look at the game, the gameplay, and look at all the features and think that it's going to be a great multiplayer game. But once you play the game, it relies far too much on the multiplayer, which isn't all that bad, but did not live up to the hype it was getting. Granted you can find enjoyment in it, and it's good if you can get your hands on a $20 copy. But it was a huge letdown, especially with all the hype it was getting. But then again, the developers aren't completely at fault, seeing as how the media hyped the game and blasted it out of preportions.

2nd: Crackdown 2

3rd: Smackdown vs. Raw 2011

Least Improved Sequel

Wwe_svr_11_cover_art.jpg

Smackdown vs. Raw 2011

The franchise hit a rough patch in the 2008 installment, but it has begun re-building. But the series seems to have hit a road block, as this installment does nearly nothing to improve. It's got a new physics system, which gives you new ways to inflict damage on others. That's fine and dandy, but it was never really the problem. They worked on this system, and turned a blind eye to the bugs and glitches with the games. Some of them have actually gotten worse. If you want a better SvR game, stick with SvR 2010.

2nd: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

3rd: Crackdown 2

Most Improved Sequel

Force_UNleashed_2.jpg

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 (Wii)

Note that I'm talking about the Wii port of the game. While the Xbox and PS3 ports took 2 steps back with the game, the Wii moved forward, and it turns out very well in the end. The Wii port of the original Force Unleashed was decent at best, but it had several problems with gameplay, as it tried to use motion control and failed to use it properly. The sequel didn't try to use motion control, and instead used simple buttons, and had little waggle motions for force abilities. And it works! They realized their problem with the first game, and fixed it in the second. And the graphics have also improved. All around they improved the Wii port of the game, turning it from the worst version in terms of the first game, to the best in terms of the second.

2nd: Transformers: War for Cybertron

3rd: Madden NFL 11

Best Story

MassEffect2_cover.PNG

Mass Effect 2

This was a tough choice between Mass Effect 2 and the runner up, Heavy Rain. Both have compelling stories that keep you glued to your chair. But in the end, Mass Effect 2 had to win. Bioware really showed their stuff upon making the game, and the story is one of the best elements of the game. All of the choices you make in the game can result in several different outcomes, and you'll want to replay the game to see what would happen if you did something other than what you did in that one moment.

2nd: Heavy Rain

3rd: Alan Wake

Best Multiplayer

CoD_Black_Ops_cover.png

Call of Duty: Black Ops

This doesn't just own the title as the best multiplayer I played all year. It's also the best multiplayer game I've ever played period. It took everything that made Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer so great, and fixed any bugs that it had, therefore making it better. Add a nearly flawless multiplayer, and the addition to the critically acclaimed zombies from World At War, and you have the best multiplayer of the year.

2nd: Halo Reach

3rd: Goldeneye 007

Best Co-op Game

Army_of_Two_The_40th_Day.jpg

Army of Two: The 40th Day

The first Army of Two game was rather disappointing, but had a good idea regarding the co-op element that the importance of teamwork. The second time was the charm, as they nailed the co-op to make this a very enjoyable game that gets even better when you're playing with a friend. The game has you rely on teamwork to escape Shanghai. And if you're a gamer that has no friends (:P), no problem. You can team up with someone online and complete the missions likewise.

2nd: Kirby Epic Yarn

3rd: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Best Sports Game

Madden_11_Drew_Brees_cover.jpg

Madden NFL 11

Madden is constantly getting better each year, so it's no surprise that this is the best installment of the series. They improved the creation center, giving you more options and details to choose from. They also included a new multiplayer mode, Online Team Play. And created a new play-calling system, entitled Gameflow, which suggests the best play for the situation. This makes the game exactly what the slogan is: Simplier, Quicker, Deeper. And Gameflow makes it easy for people that are new to football (like me) to pick up and play the game.

2nd: MLB 11: The Show

3rd: NHL 11

Honorable Mention: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Best XBLA/PSN/WiiWare Game

Pac-Man-Championship-Edition-DX-Boxart.jpg

Pac Man Championship Edition DX

Oh boy. I was blown away by this game. It's Pac Man at his very best. With tons of new game modes, changable skins, and the crazy combos you can pull off with the sleeping ghosts that rack up points makes this one of the best games I've played all year. By not playing this game you are doing yourself and this game a great injustice. It's even better than the original Pac Man arcade game.

2nd: Super Meat Boy

3rd: Space Invaders: Infinity Gene

Wariowarediy.jpg

WarioWare DIY

WarioWare doesn't change much from the original formula: a bunch of short minigames that you have to complete as soon as possible, and as many as possible. It's addicting and you'll want to keep playing to beat your own high score. To add to it all, we can now create our own games, our own music, and be able to share it with other people online.

2nd: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

3rd: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Worst Game of the Year

fighters-uncaged.jpg

Fighters Uncaged

Kinect is bad as it is, with it's unresponsiveness and failure to make an impact. But to go along with it, Ubisoft creates the worst game of the year, and a good contender for Worst Game of the Decade as well as Worst Fighting Game in History. The game is incredibly unresponsive, and you'll find yourself flailing your arms around just trying to land one punch. Rather than show off what Kinect CAN do, it shows off how lackluster the accessory is. And to top it all off, there's no multiplayer. I've never heard of a fighting game that has no multiplayer.

2nd: Prison Break

3rd: Deca Sports Freedom

Game of the Year

Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_Box_Art.jpg

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best game I've ever played without a doubt. It has achieved the impossible: Make Super Mario Galaxy, a nearly flawless game, even better. It fixed any problems that the first had, improved graphics, added more crazy galaxies, and even improved the co-op to an extent. And with over 200 stars to collect, you will be busy for quite a while. They added Yoshi into the game, and made it near perfect. And unlike New Super Mario Bros Wii, Yoshi is used to his full potential. New power-ups are great and are also used to full potential. It's the perfect game that secures the Wii's spot as the champions of the so called "console wars". And that's why it's my pick for Game of the Year

2nd. Mass Effect 2

3rd. Call of Duty Black Ops

4th. Kirby Epic Yarn

5th. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

6th. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

7th. Goldeneye 007

8th. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

9th. Just Cause 2

10th. TIED: Donkey Kong Country Returns and Vanquish (it was hard to choose one)

Honorable mentions goes to:

Sonic Colors

Super Meat Boy

Transformers War for Cybertron

You don't have to do it in the format that I did, nor do you have to choose a winner for all the catagories. If you only wanted to choose for GOTY, then go ahead. You can choose any game you want.

So go ahead!

UM POKEMON HEART GOLD/SOUL SILVER? WHERE ARE THEY ON YOUR LIST????

I haven't played many video games this year, but having played Pokemon since the originals, I can say hands down that HG/SS was one of the most anticipated pokemon games ever, and they delivered spectacularly. The touch screen was implemented VERY smoothly as compared to D/P/Pt, and the continuous running feature is something that pokemon has needed for a long time now.

I can still remember what it felt like all those years ago when i popped my brand new Silver Version into my Game Boy Color, and just felt so excited that the world I loved from the first game felt even more immersive and better than ever before. And when I started playing my brand new Soul Silver for the first time, that same feeling returned. And that's a good remake, in my opinion.

-Halo 3 was a surprisingly good multiplayer/co-op game. I'm not a fan of the Halo series but when I went to my friend's house to play it, we all had loads of fun with it.

-Bioshock 2 was pretty much the same as the first, still creepy and all

-Also I haven't played this yet but was wondering if anyone else has some feedback on this?: Fallout: New Vegas, which was released with several bugs, like save corruptions and spinning heads and whatnot. I read somewhere that they launched a patch fixing some things

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

Sonic__SEGA_All-Stars_Racing-PS3Art.jpg

I thought this game would suck. However I was wrong. It just seemed like Sega was one world of characters that just could not make into an at least decent racing game. I have not played a whole lot of it, but from what I have played I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I however, cannot say much on the subject

Runner Up

Super Meat Boy

Most Disappointing Game

Final Fantasy XIII

final-fantasy-xiii-cover-art-na.jpg

I loved Final Fantasy X, XI wasn't that great, XII flat out sucked. XIII is a step up, but I was hoping for a better improvement, I have been a fan of the series for quite a while, but I didn't find as much enjoyment in this new one. The combat isn't bad, not great either, but there's no side quests and getting things is frustrating. If you're a fan of the series you won't be very satisfied.

Runner Up

Epic Mickey

Least Improved Sequel

Fable III

news_fable3_cover_enlrg.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I liked the game. It just was a downgrade from the last 2, which I enjoyed from start to finish. It's good just there are a lot of negative aspects. The combat just is not enjoyable. The moral choices provide little to no interests for most of the game. The characters weren't as good either. It was a good game, just not great.

Runner Up

Lost Planet 2

Most Improved Sequel

Red Steel 2

redsteel2_cover.jpg

Please not this is in comparison to the predecessor, the runner up was better, just not in comparison to it's predecessor

The original Red Steel in '06 was what everybody wanted, a motion controlled sword game. Did it disappoint? Extremely. Combat was bad and the controls were awfully unresponsive. Now with nearly 1:1 Wii Motion Plus technology, this game is a ton of fun. The way you swing, the way you slice. The gun shooting works simply point and shoot, and is responsive. Everything just works.

Runner Up

Red Dead Redemption

Best Story

Heavy Rain

Heavy-Rain-US-Art.jpg

The game's atmosphere, the writing, everything was just so well set out that this game had one of the best stories of any form of media. It is a unique well thought out story that made this game one of the best games I've played all year.

Runner Up

Mass Effect 2

Best Multiplayer

Call of Duty:Black Ops

CoD_Black_Ops_cover.png

Black Ops wasn't that amazing. It seemed like the same thing we've been getting every November for years. and it was. But not in Multiplayer. Everything good about the old multiplayer was kept. Everything bad was fixed. The multiplayer is a must play for everyone, the rest, eh, not so much. The multiplayer is the only reason I played it for more than 2 weeks.

Runner Up

Starcraft 2

Best Co-Op

Monster Hunter Tri

cover_large.jpg

This game seriously needs more attention. It got such high ratings yet is never mentioned. The co-op was fantastic. The game was fun alone, but I just loved playing with one of my friends. The game alone is great, but the co-op is probably what stands out most of this game.

Runner Up

MGS: Peace Walker

Best Sports Game

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

tigw11_eawiipftfront_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

I'm not a golf fan, and this game is unplayable on any other console, but the wii version is great. Wii Motion Plus does the same thing it did to last years game. Made it a lot better. I don't want to play it any other way.

Runner Up

Madden 11

Best XBLA/PSN/WiiWare game

Cave Story

bugpeople-620x.jpg

everything about this game just made me happy. It's a PC port that had old school graphics, simple but fun gameplay, and a story that isn't that great but doesn't need to be. It's just fun

Runner Up

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Best Handheld Game

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of The Starry Skies

dragon-quest-ix-ds-boxart.jpg

An interesting story, main characters that don't speak, a fun battle system, and slimes, lots and lots off slimes. What else could you ask for in an RPG? Not much. It had it's cons but it was easily the best handheld game of 2010.

Runner Up

MGS: Peace Walker

Worst Game of 2010

Fighters Uncaged

fighters-uncaged.jpg

read what CAV said

Runner Up

Deca Sports Freedom

Best Game of 2010

Super Mario Galaxy 2

cover_large.jpg

one of the best games I've ever played. There's platforming, difficulty, good graphics, great level design, awful story but it's a mario game, and freakin' Yoshi. Enough said

Runners up

2. Heavy Rain

3. Red Dead Redemption

4. Starcraft 2

5. Mass Effect 2

6. Vanquish

7. God of War III

8. Alan Wake

9. Bayonetta

10. Super Meat Boy

Im not gonna post images, because it will just cause the page to go BOOM at some point.

Singularity

Most Disappointing Game

Fable 3

Least Improved Sequel

Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2

Most Improved Sequel

Assassin Creed: Brotherhood

Best Story

Heavy Rain

(Close runner up: Alan Wake)

Best Multiplayer

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Best Co-op

Army of Two

Best Sports Game

FIFA 11

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Worst Game of the Year

Alien vs Predator

Game of the Year

Red Dead Redemption

I add reasons why later.

UM POKEMON HEART GOLD/SOUL SILVER? WHERE ARE THEY ON YOUR LIST????

That's an easy one. Maybe it's because I didn't play it, nor do I care about it. I can't wait for Black/White, but I didn't care one bit for HG/SS. Does that answer your question?

And TALKING IN CAPS DOESN'T MAKE YOUR ARGUEMENT MORE VALID. I learned that one the hard way.

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

Fable III

Red Steel 2

Monster Hunter Tri

Allow me to comment on these.

Sonic and Sega's All-Stars Racing was a very shocking game. I figured it would've ended along the lines of Superstars Tennis, which sucked. I would've made it a runner up, but I only played the demo which is 1 race, which isn't enough to comment about it. And because I never heard of Super Meat Boy and Vanquish until the reviews came pouring in.

Fable 3 seemed like a carbon copy of Fable 2 at times, and like a different game at some. I think it improved just a bit.

Red Steel 2. I completely forgot about that one. It changed so much from the original and it's fantastic. The big problem I have is that once your done with the story, there is absolutely no replay value, which hurt the game in the long run.

And I barely played Monster Hunter Tri, let alone play the Co-op aspect. So I'll have to hold on that one. But I do agree that it's underrated. From what I've played it seems to be a pretty good game. But the critics seemed to have given it a high score and then forgot about it afterwards, kinda like another game. *see my GOTY*

Majin and The Forsaken Kingdom. I didn't expect it to be as fun/quirky as it was!

Most Disappointing Game

Final Fantasy XIII. I had my hopes WAY too high for this, but it was overall good.

Least Improved Sequel

Fable III - but I'm not complaining. I LOVED Fable II. They improved on enough for me to totally enjoy Albion again.

Most Improved Sequel

Pokemon HG/SS.

Best Story

Alan Wake! Playing through this was like watching a movie.

Best Multiplayer

I don't play enough multiplayer to have an opinion on this sadly.

Best Co-op

As above. But something I had a ton of fun playing co-op was Lego Harry Potter. Seriously so cute and funny!

Best Sports Game

WHEN WILL THEY STOP MAKING THESE?! Sports games are churned out every single year and they're always the same pile of crap. (Don't hate on me for saying that.)

Tied between Pokemon HG/SS and Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of The Starry Skies.

Worst Game of the Year

That's a hard one! I stayed far away from awful games this year. Starcraft 2 for stealing all of my boy's spare time.

Game of the Year

I don't necessarily think in the grand scheme of things it is but, for me, Pokemon was my GOTY. I have almost 200 hours on that cartridge.... :*

Best Sports Game

WHEN WILL THEY STOP MAKING THESE?! Sports games are churned out every single year and they're always the same pile of crap. (Don't hate on me for saying that.)

Worst Game of the Year

That's a hard one! I stayed far away from awful games this year. Starcraft 2 for stealing all of my boy's spare time.

Sports games are simple. EA makes money out of them (unfortunately so does 2K), so they'll keep making them. You want them to stop, stop buying the games. That simple.

And I gotta facepalm at the Starcraft thing. I didn't play the game, but there is no valid reason to hate the game there. Girls can have all the spare time they want and when they want to be left alone, we have to. But the moment we want to do something for ourselves, we want time alone, it becomes a federal case.

I'm sorry, but your boyfriend liking Starcraft 2 is not a valid reason to name it the worst game of the year.

Sports games are simple. EA makes money out of them (unfortunately so does 2K), so they'll keep making them. You want them to stop, stop buying the games. That simple.

And I gotta facepalm at the Starcraft thing. I didn't play the game, but there is no valid reason to hate the game there. Girls can have all the spare time they want and when they want to be left alone, we have to. But the moment we want to do something for ourselves, we want time alone, it becomes a federal case.

I'm sorry, but your boyfriend liking Starcraft 2 is not a valid reason to name it the worst game of the year.

The Starcraft thing was only sarcasm, CAV. :rolleyes_anim: But that doesn't always translate on forum. I play Starcraft as well...just not to the extent he and his friends do.

And believe me. I have never spent money on a sports game. Actually, not a single gamer I know buys them. I wish EA would put out more quality games that they spend more time on (The Sims 3! Mass Effect! Dragon Age!), but I know the sad truth is that their sports games/games based on movies are what they're known for <_<

Alien Swarm

I think the fact that I've already put 143 hours into a free game says enough.

Most Disappointing Game

Kinect Adventures.

There was too much delay/lag.

Least Improved Sequel

Madden NFL 11

Why the world needs a new version each year, I'll never know.

Most Improved Sequel

Fable 3.

Having the interactions with villagers/guards be separate from combat seemed to help the game run a lot smoother than Fable 2. The new menu design was also very quick to use once you learn how to use it.

Best Story

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition.

Best Multiplayer

Quake Live

Best Co-op

Alien Swarm

Don't expect to live on higher difficulties unless you have a good team that knows what they are doing.

Best Sports Game

NHL 10

I usually just try to get in as many fights as possible.......

n/a (Haven't played any "new" handheld games for years)

Worst Game of the Year

Moonbase Alpha.

It's a free game, but also incredibly boring.

Game of the Year

Fable 3

Buy any & all property, set prices/rent to the highest option. Now that you have a constant flow of gold, Transfer enough to the treasury to save all the inhabitants of Albion from "the crawler" Proceed to kill all villagers/guards yourself.

I love Fable.

Game of the Year

Fable 3

Buy any & all property, set prices/rent to the highest option. Now that you have a constant flow of gold, Transfer enough to the treasury to save all the inhabitants of Albion from "the crawler" Proceed to kill all villagers/guards yourself.

I love Fable.

Awesome. I like the way you think.

The Starcraft thing was only sarcasm, CAV. :rolleyes_anim: But that doesn't always translate on forum. I play Starcraft as well...just not to the extent he and his friends do.

And believe me. I have never spent money on a sports game. Actually, not a single gamer I know buys them. I wish EA would put out more quality games that they spend more time on (The Sims 3! Mass Effect! Dragon Age!), but I know the sad truth is that their sports games/games based on movies are what they're known for <_<

You could've put a jk at the end. But mkay.

I buy sports games, but not every year. I have Madden 11 now, and odds are I won't buy another one until Madden 13 or 14, since Madden 11 is enough for me to last a while. I bought MLB 09, and odds are I won't buy another one until MLB 12. That's how I work. People that buy sports games every year are idiots.

And not really. EA is known to make all types of games. You're talking about EA Sports, which is one of their branches. And yes, EA Sports does is well....make sports games. But there are other branches of EA that make the other games, such as Army of Two, The Sims, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Burnout, Rock Band and more. Only EA Sports handles the sports games, and that's only one piece of EA compared to all the other pieces that make the other games.

Most Surprisingly Good Game:

Bayonetta

[i don't have the funds to buy games I have low expectations of ;) A friend lent me Bayonetta despite my protests due to being highly annoyed by the adverts, and it turned out not to be too bad, really]

Most Disappointing Game:

Fable 3

[i say this only because it was hyped SO much, and didn't live up to the hype at all - I really enjoyed the game a lot, but not as much as I expected]

Least Improved Sequel:

[i was going to say Cooking Mama 3, because dude, it's just still Cooking Mama, but that was late 2009 - and I don't want to say Fable 3 again because, really, I loved that game, but...as far as an improvement goes...ehhh...]

Most Improved Sequel:

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

[was giving this a lot of thought - there are a huge amount of good and bad changes in the years' sequels. The only one that had only positive changes was this game, because of improvements to the Memo function - those are AWESOME improvements]

Best Story:

Red Dead Redemption

[i CRIED so much - touching, beautiful story. Alan Wake was gripping, too.]

Best Multiplayer:

[i don't multiplayer much, too many ratbags - Red Dead Redemption's was nice, but populated by too many bad people]

Best Co-op:

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4

[Lego games are always more fun in co-op, and with the new camera controls they included in this game, and various extra content, made me less likely to stab my co-player. I also want to give an honourable mention to Fable 3, whose co-op mode was nicely seamless, and a big improvement over Fable 2's]

Best Sports Game:

[ew, sports - I play vidya games because I hate sports!]

Best XBLA/PSN/WiiWare Game:

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition

[Not technically a 2010 game but a remake, I know, but the graphical and musical updates to this classic game in the SE on XBLA were stunning, and Monkey Island is always wonderful]

Handheld Game of the Year:

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

[some of this is nostalgia (I loved GSC on ye olde GBC) some of it is loyalty, but the fact is that's the game that's spent the most time in my DS this year]

Worst Game of the Year:

[i have no business labelling anything "worst". Everything I've played this year had at least some merits]

Game of the Year:

Red Dead Redemption

[i say this with passion and from the bottom of my heart. A truly, deeply, profoundly beautiful game, capable of being by turns of being stunningly tranquil, then painfully savage and dirty. John Marston was perhaps (for me) the first truly sympathetic lead character in a Rockstar game, for once doing things for the right reasons, rather than macho pride or greed or pure revenge. And visually, the game, wow. Wow. The skies in that game rivalled classical artwork, they were so gorgeous, and the feeling of wide open space, the sparse soundtrack, atmospherically the game was near-perfect. While the game did get somewhat repetitive if you were trying to 100% it, all the sidequests and minigames and such kept Red Dead Redemption a delight to play and explore for a very healthy perod of time. Totally my Game of the Year 2010.

Not all categories apply but the ones that do:

Most Disappointing Game - Raving Rabbids Time Travel

To be honest, I've been disappointed with the Rabbids series for the past two releases, but I keep going back. I think their first and third games were the most successful, and certainly the most enjoyable. They ought to stick to that style - IMO. This franchise has a lot of potential and I think they've strayed on the wrong path. Hopefully they will hit home again in 2011.

Least Improved Sequel - The Sims 3: Nightlife

Oh... my. Where to start. This sequel, prequel (WHATEVER) is so good that it'd bad for one reason: THE GLITCHES! I stan for TS3 and their expansion packs but this was just embarrassing. They added so many amazing features that completely changed The Sims as we know it, but each thing had restrictions that take huge work-arounds to break through.

Most Improved Sequel - The Sims 3: Nightlife & Ambitions

SAY WHAT... but you just put it as wors.... YOU IN DANGER GURL! Now wait, Nightlife really did change the Sims. They finally improved Vampires. They finally made decent celebrities. But most importantly, they introduced apartments and high rises in a (mostly) successful manner. Plus, groups, more instruments and so soooo much more.

Ambitions really introduced us back into "doing" jobs with tasks, plus it got rid of some of the annoying rabbit hole jobs.

Both were a step in the right direction into making The Sims possibilities even more imaginable.

Best Multiplayer - Black Ops

I usually check out multiplayer once or twice but loved the multiplayer aspect almost more than the entire game LOL

Best Co-Op - Donkey Kong

Only say that because it's really the only co-op that I've played with someone else haha. I'm sure there are better out there.

Best Sports Game - NHL11

It's just good. haha

Worst Game - Raving Rabbids Travel in Time (or whatever it's called)

Worst game I've played this year. *throws tomatos*

It was confusing, took too long to play a short mini game and was lame in the multiplayer section, too.

Game of the Year - Red Dead Redemption / Black Ops

They're just good. No reason needed.

You have convinced me to blow some of my Christmas money on Ambitions and Nightlife. Sims 3 is the first sims game where I haven't instantly bought every EP that comes out (actually that's not true, I also didn't buy Apartment Life for Sims 2), it took me ages to get around to buying World Adventures, which I enjoyed. I'm sure both Ambitions and Nightlife have been out long enough that Pescado over at at MATY has worked out the kinks at this point. :D

Most Disappointing Game - Raving Rabbids Time Travel

To be honest, I've been disappointed with the Rabbids series for the past two releases, but I keep going back. I think their first and third games were the most successful, and certainly the most enjoyable. They ought to stick to that style - IMO. This franchise has a lot of potential and I think they've strayed on the wrong path. Hopefully they will hit home again in 2011.

I agree. For some reason I also get sucked into playing the games. The second one was alright but got boring too quickly, and same applied to the third. Rabbids Go Home was a nice change, but at the same time was hard to get into. But it was better than the party games. Then they decide to go back to the party games that didn't have any replay value to begin with. This is why I'm hoping that when the new Rayman game comes out, he doesn't end up suffering the same fate, because I think it's bad enough that the rabbids ended up being more important than Rayman himself.

You have convinced me to blow some of my Christmas money on Ambitions and Nightlife. Sims 3 is the first sims game where I haven't instantly bought every EP that comes out (actually that's not true, I also didn't buy Apartment Life for Sims 2), it took me ages to get around to buying World Adventures, which I enjoyed. I'm sure both Ambitions and Nightlife have been out long enough that Pescado over at at MATY has worked out the kinks at this point. :D

Yes! You must! AwesomeMod/Super Computer will fix any of the glitches that remain :D . Thankfully EA put out a patch - about a month later LOL But those two games really added a lot to the Sims series.

Also glad you like World Adventures! It was sooo good. A lot of people don't like it tho. Guess they were used to "vacation" expansions.

I agree. For some reason I also get sucked into playing the games. The second one was alright but got boring too quickly, and same applied to the third. Rabbids Go Home was a nice change, but at the same time was hard to get into. But it was better than the party games. Then they decide to go back to the party games that didn't have any replay value to begin with. This is why I'm hoping that when the new Rayman game comes out, he doesn't end up suffering the same fate, because I think it's bad enough that the rabbids ended up being more important than Rayman himself.

Soooo agreed. I totally miss Rayman. The only party game they got right was the TV Party one, in my opinion, because it was so fast paced and really truly was a game you could play at a party without standing around and waiting to play in between games.

A Rayman return would be awesome, too.

Kind of semi OT but does anyone have a list of games to be released in 2011?

I'm not really a fan of the multiplayer for Black Ops. It's basically MW2's multiplayer rehashed. I prefer COD4's multiplayer as well as World at War's. There are big differences. You will know them if you've played them.

A Rayman return would be awesome, too.

There is a Rayman return. Rayman Origins is in development and it planned to be released this year!

Here's a list of big releases in 2011.

Modern Warfare 3

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Gears of War 3

Portal 2

Max Payne 3

Duke Nukem Forever

Mortal Kombat

Forza Motorsport 4

WWE All Stars

Dragon Age 2

MLB 11: The Show

Maybe Conduit 2 and deBlob 2

and the Nintendo 3DS, along with a few of the launch titles

And with E3 giving us more games, my wallet will be sucked dry.

And to stop any questions from arrising, NO I don't care about Uncharted 3. Didn't care about the first one, didn't care for the second, don't care for the third. I can't really care for a game that I can't play.

... MORTAL. KOMBAT?!?! Oh please let that be good. PLEASE. Even if it's not I'll probably put it on my best of 2011 list HAHA

Same with the new Ratchet & Clank. Love those games... mostly because it reminds me of the good Spyro days.

January:

Little big planet 2

Mass Effect 2

Dead Space 2

February:

Maybe Conduit 3

April:

Portal 2, Pokemon Black/White, and Mortal Kombat

November:

Uncharted 3

Fall:

Batman: Arkham City, Mass Effect 3 (hopefully comes to PS3), possibly the next Call of Duty (if there's any exciting new changes)

sometime around there:

LoZ: Skyward Sword

3DS games, Kid Icarus: Uprising mainly

i bet you i'm forgetting most