Faerie Debate

Fever

Which NPC faerie (like Illusen) is the BEST for quests? Why?

Personally, I have no idea. So it's also kind of a help question, but mainly a debate over what faerie gives the best prizes!

I think it depends on what you want. Cetain fairies give out certain prizes when you fulfil their requirements.....

Here's my question. Where does that spelling of "faerie" come from? o.0 I always spell it "fairy." I even look it up in the dictionary and it's "fairy" o.0

.Here's my question. Where does that spelling of "faerie" come from? o.0 I always spell it "fairy." I even look it up in the dictionary and it's "fairy" o.0

According to Wikipedia, "faerie" is the Old French spelling of the word. Makes enough sense to me :)

I believe that Illusen is the best faerie for quests, because she gives out the Honey Potion and Illusen's Staff (or something like that) as two of her prizes, which far outstrip the prizes the other faeries give. Plus, her rewards aren't random :D

I think it depends on what you want. Cetain fairies give out certain prizes when you fulfil their requirements.....

Here's my question. Where does that spelling of "faerie" come from? o.0 I always spell it "fairy." I even look it up in the dictionary and it's "fairy" o.0

Good point... Is there anywhere that says what kind of item like, Illusen gives, compared to others?

Faerie is the old english/french spelling.. I'm so used to it on Neopets and some books that I've accidentally been spelling it that way, lol!

According to Wikipedia, "faerie" is the Old French spelling of the word. Makes enough sense to me :)

I believe that Illusen is the best faerie for quests, because she gives out the Honey Potion and Illusen's Staff (or something like that) as two of her prizes, which far outstrip the prizes the other faeries give. Plus, her rewards aren't random :D

French and english, right? Or maybe it started in France and moved to England.. Blah xD

True! I like Illusen's quests because they're normally a little more fair than like, Jhudora or something. I got to level like, 12 for Jhudora once. Then the price just SHOT up for that item and I didn't finish it :P

French and english, right? Or maybe it started in France and moved to England.. Blah xD

True! I like Illusen's quests because they're normally a little more fair than like, Jhudora or something. I got to level like, 12 for Jhudora once. Then the price just SHOT up for that item and I didn't finish it :P

No idea xD Like I said, I just checked wikipedia :P

I got up to 20 on Jhudora's quests and stopped cause I got the avatar. I'm planning on losing though so when Jhudora Day rolls around, I can get the av no problem. It's not really worth it to get the Bartamus (Although they're so cute!! xD)

Avatar wise, is Illusen or Jhudora's cheaper? And around how much are they each? :)

I have no idea ^^; I think it just depends on how lucky you get with the items they ask for. In theory, they should be about the same :)

Avatar wise, is Illusen or Jhudora's cheaper? And around how much are they each? :)

It depends on the individual. Illusen for me, because Jhudora asked for a ZDAP on the 20th quest, resulting in an automatic fail :(.

I don't have any particular reason beside the art and avatar, but I love the Tooth Faerie xD

I'm married to Illusen in my fantasy so I can't answer this quesiton. I'd be biased :wub_anim:

I'll answer about the random faerie quests.

In my opinion, the best one is the dark faerie quest since she asks for cheap toys and gives your pet +1 HP. (I think, it has been sooo long since I got a quest bcz of the TFR plot.)

The Fyora and Space quests can be either very good or very bad, depending on the price of the item they ask for.

The worst is the earth faerie because she asks for a magic item worth a few thousands and all she does is make your pet bloated.

Fountain Faerie for sure :yes:!

I haven't even tried doing Illusen's or Juhduora's quests yet... I'm too intimidated...

Also, I got curious about the faerie thing too and I looked it up in the Oxford English Dictionary online and thought I'd share

faerie | faery, n. (and adj.)

Etymology: A variant of fairy n. and adj.; it probably existed in Middle English (compare Old French faerie), but its first known appearance is as employed arch. by Spenser (usually as trisyllable). In present usage, it is practically a distinct word, adopted either to express Spenser's peculiar modification of the sense, or to exclude various unpoetical or undignified associations connected with the current form fairy.

(Spencer wrote a poem called The Faerie Queene.)

• 3 weeks later...

For me, I like Fountain Faerie, Soup Faerie and Illusen as the best.

Not because of the quests(except Fountain and Illusen), they're pretty nice :)

• 2 months later...

My favorite NPC Faerie is Taelia. I've liked her since I was about 12, and I'm almost 22 now.

I don't usually do faerie quests at all, as I've long since gotten the avatars for Illusen and Jhudora, and I most often seem to spawn Water Faerie Quests, and I'd rather read the books to my pets, than give them to a rude Faerie.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.