Paypal is stupid....

Kuroida

OK. I might be able to live with the stolen wallet (with +100 bucks in it). My stolen drivers license. My totally dysfunctional physics group. My english group ditching me to do all the work while they run off to vacation. The fact that christmas is like two days away and I have no money for gifts. Yeah. I can live with that.

But today I just got an email that my paypal account that I just made yesterday is now "limited" and to "unlimit" it I need to send them photo ID, a credit card statement and a copy of my house bill.

I'm 16 years old. My mom lent me her credit card. Where the hell am I supposed to get all that?!?!

Not to mention that I looked up the help and it says PayPal limits account if a transaction is "fishy"....I haven't DONE anything yet! I made my account last night!! AHHH

And until I unlimit it I can't remove the card, deactivate my account, send money or recieve money. So basically it'll just sit there, stealing my credit card number and be totally useless for the rest of my life.

All I wanted was some keychains! Why does my life suck so bad? -_-

Don't buy the keychains then?

Sorry, but life doesn't suck just because you can't get a keychain.

Seriously, if you make it sound like it shouldn't be a big deal, then don't make it a big deal. Just don't use PayPal and buy what you want off Amazon using just the credit card.

Well, I'd hope they have decent security and a bunch of hoops to jump through before you can start buying haha.

Anyway, I've got three Paypal accounts and never had to go through any of that. :P (Did you sign up using your "real age")

It does take about a week to confirm accounts / transfer funds to begin with, so you may as well just pay on Amazon using your mum's CC. :)

Harsh, but she did say her life. She obviously wants something, that appeared to be easy to achieve haha Only, that isn't the case.

Guess the situation doesn't mean her life sucks, it's just a bummer on top of all the other things going south for her. *shrug*

Don't buy the keychains then?

Seriously, if you make it sound like it shouldn't be a big deal, then don't make it a big deal. Just don't use PayPal and buy what you want off Amazon using just the credit card.

I wasn't complaining about the keychains. I was complaining about PayPal. I don't need the keychains. It's just a stupid little object after all. I meant that I can't use PayPal at all and I have this account that does nothing but hold onto my credit card number. If you don't have anything to say then ignore and move on.

@hrtbrk: I signed up using my mom's age since it's her credit card.

I wasn't complaining about the keychains. I was complaining about PayPal. I don't need the keychains. It's just a stupid little object after all. I meant that I can't use PayPal at all and I have this account that does nothing but hold onto my credit card number. If you don't have anything to say then ignore and move on.

@hrtbrk: I signed up using my mom's age since it's her credit card.

Did you use your mother's age, but use your name? Because that may be why they consider it fishy. They see the credit card info as your mother's, yet your name on the account = fishy.

If you used her name, then I'm out of ideas.

Another thing to consider is phishing account...

Be 100% sure that the email comes from PayPal before doing anything, if you end up doing something. I keep getting a lot of phishing junk mail regarding my paypal account. Things like "you need to verify this and that", and none of it is true.

You signed up fraudulently and now you're surprised that they limited your account? Sigh.

A couple of months ago my PayPal got suspended because I moved and forgot to give them my new address. I had to send all of my info again and it took about a month, but I got my account back. It was frustrating but at the same time I was SO glad that they are trying to make their system as secure as possible.

If you're not 18, you can't sign up for Paypal. Take your losses and go back in a couple of years when you're of age.

LOL!