Has anyone ever gotten a Draik or Krawk from the lab ray?

keithp

I haven't, and I don't know the ratio. According to Izzy on another board:

It was possible to zap a Krawk/Draik when the labray was first released - but there hasn't been one reported in neary 6 years, so the general thought is that TNT made it no longer possible.

It was possible to zap a Krawk/Draik when the labray was first released - but there hasn't been one reported in neary 6 years, so the general thought is that TNT made it no longer possible.

true , that is the general conscience ... but TNT never gave an official answer on the subject .. they always like to keep the odds in their favor :competitive:

Now why would they go and do a thing like that? C'mon do they have to drain all the fun out of Neopets? This is a game not mega millions jackpot. So what if we get a draik or krawk with a zap? It wont affect the made up neo-conomy any more or less.

Exactly. It's a virtual game. Why not let us get even just the slightest chance of zapping a Krawk/Draik?

Personally, this whole thing started with people that wanted the avatar. TNT wanted to give a challenge, so they removed any other ways of getting a Krawk/Draik, from zapping one in the rays, or zapping a Krawk petpet in the petpet rays and going to transform it. TNT just wanted to make a challenge, and that harmed those whom want a Krawk/Draik just for the sake of them looking cool.

Note that it's just a theory. No need to get on my case about it.

Exactly. It's a virtual game. Why not let us get even just the slightest chance of zapping a Krawk/Draik?

Personally, this whole thing started with people that wanted the avatar. TNT wanted to give a challenge, so they removed any other ways of getting a Krawk/Draik, from zapping one in the rays, or zapping a Krawk petpet in the petpet rays and going to transform it. TNT just wanted to make a challenge, and that harmed those whom want a Krawk/Draik just for the sake of them looking cool.

Note that it's just a theory. No need to get on my case about it.

That's a good theory, but there's a ton of other pet and petpet avatars you can get from the lab ray. :/

I just so happen to like the look of Krawk or Draik more than most species. And I think they are more geared towards boys, yet there is no hard to obtain species that reminds me of a girl (like Usuls or Aisha's) I dont care about value, but I do care that I have no chance at getting one. They might as well retire the species for gods sake unless you can afford a ridiculously priced morphing potion.

I just so happen to like the look of Krawk or Draik more than most species. And I think they are more geared towards boys, yet there is no hard to obtain species that reminds me of a girl (like Usuls or Aisha's) I dont care about value, but I do care that I have no chance at getting one. They might as well retire the species for gods sake unless you can afford a ridiculously priced morphing potion.

Ugh, gender stereotyping :P I love Draiks, and am starting to warm up to Krawks, and don't feel at all like they're "geared towards boys"

And I hope they don't retire the species. I just got my first Draik and would be really sad if I couldn't save up to get another :/

i don't really like the way they look, tbh :P i didn't know you could zap lutaris though!

Yup, you can :) Several friends of mine have zapped one, and one of them kept zapping and got a Faerie Lutari! It's so pretty :D

I don't know, maybe they are meant to be more geared toward boys (I would only agree about this on the Krawk's count), but I think a lot of the lure is the difficulty of getting one. People want what they can't have. Look at wish-lists or ask Neopians what they want; I'd be very surprised if they didn't say one of their goals was a Krawk or Draik.

As for retiring the species, I quite disagree. I know you were probably being facetious, but hear me out. To stay interested in something for the long-term, a goal must be had. Since the pets themselves are often a center of attention, the rarest pet may be a goal in many cases. I know that once I morph Morgaitha and get all my other pets presentable, I may wash my hands of Neopets.

I'm one of the people who doesn't want either :yes:.

True, people always want what they can't have: I've seen tons of NC/NP/pet wishlists and many of them contain the same few (extremely hard-to-obtain) items.

I think that retiring the Draiks/Krawks would crush the hopes of many Neopians. Not a wise choice for TNT.

I'd love a draik, but I know the chances of me getting one ever are tiny as I only ever get np from games. My laptop and fingers are too slow for restocking to make np. The prices of draik eggs etc are so ridiculous now anyway, they were a fair bit cheaper a few years ago. I don't see why they can't do something to bring the prices down a bit, even if its just by a small amount, because for people to bother setting themselves a target it has to be something that's manageable. I'm not sure I'd even bother to try saving up now myself because I know it'd take me years and by the time I'd got to the current prices they would have gone up again.

I'd love a draik, but I know the chances of me getting one ever are tiny as I only ever get np from games. My laptop and fingers are too slow for restocking to make np. The prices of draik eggs etc are so ridiculous now anyway, they were a fair bit cheaper a few years ago. I don't see why they can't do something to bring the prices down a bit, even if its just by a small amount, because for people to bother setting themselves a target it has to be something that's manageable. I'm not sure I'd even bother to try saving up now myself because I know it'd take me years and by the time I'd got to the current prices they would have gone up again.

They did ;) eggs and MPs restock in the AAA, which has brought the price down significantly. When I first starting saving for Jet back in...May? the price of a basic egg was firmly around 15M. Now they go for maybe 11m. (I got Jet's egg for 10.25 :D) So the price has dropped significantly :)

Ah, good oh :) Still out of my range by a long way, but I'm glad they do something to make it a bit fairer!

Me too :laughingsmiley: Otherwise I could never have afforded it! The AAA originally had the eggs and stuff restocking ridiculously often, but then some whiny r99 collectors and ABers...I mean restockers, complained that they were going to lose all their value. (Personally i think they're full of it :P but that's just me) So TNT slowed the restock rate down, and made people able to only buy a certain number of AAA items a day in order to "deflate them gradually." Which has worked, but still not nearly enough :P

There's always the Stock Market. You don't need fast fingers to make a huge profit using it.

There's always the Stock Market. You don't need fast fingers to make a huge profit using it.

This is true, I should probably spend some time reading TDN articles on all these things and properly suss them out. :)

• 2 years later...

This is true, I should probably spend some time reading TDN articles on all these things and properly suss them out. smile.gif

It's a waiting game, though. I think you would probably spend less time training your fingers than waiting for stocks to rise.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Lydia Trebond) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Lydia Trebond if you have any questions regarding this action.