Easy game avatars?

britt

gah who said sutek's tomb is easy? i just barely got 1922 >.> no idea how people get crazy scores...

Just keep practicing. When I started, I couldn't get above a couple hundred. Now, my all-time HS is over 18k.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep practicing. When I started, I couldn't get above a couple hundred. Now, my all-time HS is over 18k.

Wow!! :O Do you play on hard mode? Any secrets you can share with a n00b? haha :P

Wow!! :O Do you play on hard mode? Any secrets you can share with a n00b? haha :P

I play on hard. I watch for matches on the top, then work my way down. (If I start at the bottom, I could lose potential matches higher up.) If you get one of the bonus blocks (Like with the TNT staff member on it, the Lucky Coin, the Ankh) try your best to get them to the bottom of the screen because they'll clear rows for you. (Just be on the watch for the red bombs under those blocks, and if possible, move either the bomb or the bonus block so they aren't in the same row.

I play on hard. I watch for matches on the top, then work my way down. (If I start at the bottom, I could lose potential matches higher up.) If you get one of the bonus blocks (Like with the TNT staff member on it, the Lucky Coin, the Ankh) try your best to get them to the bottom of the screen because they'll clear rows for you. (Just be on the watch for the red bombs under those blocks, and if possible, move either the bomb or the bonus block so they aren't in the same row.

Huh...All the guides I read say to start at the bottom for matches, because then falling blocks from the top are more likely to match themselves. I'll try your strategy too.

Thanks for the tips though! :D

Haha I just got it!! :D You were right Spritzie, it just took a bit of practicing and some lucky 5 in a rows :)

I think I'm gonna try for meepit vs. feepit next. you just have to lose the first two times right? Anybody know of a good guide?

Loose 2 out of the 5 rounds against each feepit, yes, but it doesn't have to be the first two if you are nervous about doing it right. And while yes, you need to loose, you need the points from almost beating him, so you need to almost kill him, then let him kill you. Then repeat against the next however many feepits. It really is easy once you get the hand of the attacking. I also always use the kick-punch-kick attach every time so the meepit shoots hoizontal and always breaks through the defence, meaning you push zxz or xzx to get that attack.

I got 2901....which although is far better than my previous score of 290, is still not enough for the avatar :/

so the meepit shoots hoizontal and always breaks through the defence, meaning you push zxz or xzx to get that attack.

um...may I ask what you mean by that? o_O I'm confused... :P

When you attack, if you press the buttons in that order, right after each other, instead of just like punching the dude and him being able to block, if you get the timing of pushing xzx or zxz correctly (logically it should be quickly right after each other but my computer liked it better if I calmly pushed x 1/2 second pause z 1/2 second pause x not super quick, don't know why) then your dude will do this kind of 'drill' move that will go right through the other defenses so you keep doing this to him and he never can block. Hopefully that explained it a little better. It sounds confusing written out but once you do it, you will be like Oooo. You actually may already be doing it :rolleyes_anim:

Oh you mean that crazy barrel roll combo thing? :D I think I've been doing that...Did you do anything else special to get the av? Cause i beat the game and was still 100 pts short, even with almost beating him and then losing twice before winning 3 times.

Nope, nothing else special, but you do have to lose 2 of ever single match to get it and make sure you're using the como move mentioned above because it gives you more points than just a regular hit. I used the barrel roll for every single hit.

Phew! Got it with a score of 3049! :D Thanks for the tips!! :)

What should I try for next? I've put my goal of Dubloon Disaster on hold because it just frustrates me lol xDDD

Grr, I keep getting so close to the Faerie Bubbles avatar!

I either reach level 20 with insufficient points or almost reach 2000 and lose at level 19! :(

how frustrating! ive only managed 1400 i think. im not so great at that game... still trying though!

That's way better than me... My high-score at faerie bubble is below 700 -_-

I trying to get the kass basher avatar, but I can't get to the final level...

wait until wind is at 9 and look at a few guides, its a very easy avvie to get once you get the hang of it. and remember, you only need 800 for it :)

My strategy was to let the plushie fall to the ground if the wind was below 7, and take a swing if it's above. I don't think you need a 9 wind to get past the first two levels.

A guide from either TDN or JN says there's a trick where you can hold the plushie's cape while it's flying and let go when it's at the peak of its trajectory, making it land a little bit further. Go look it up :).

^The worst part about Faerie Bubbles is that the "bubbles" cheat sometimes works against you. If you use the cheat and the bubbles turn to dark or nova, chances are your whole game's ruined because you won't get the point boost from the one-shot win.

I've given up with the Meerca Chase avvie - the best I can achieve is 600-odd points, and that's if I get a Fish Negg!

I'm not big on game avvies myself - the only game-related ones I have are Eliv Thade (which is fairly easy, albeit dull) and Sutek's Tomb (I got a lucky game and scored 3500). I tried for Faerie Bubbles, but I'm hopeless at it, and it's gonna take a while before I'm good with Snowmuncher again (on my old main, I was 150 points under -_-)

I give up Meerca Chase too-500 is the highest I've ever gotten, but I've never seen a Fish Negg.

For Snowmuncher did you try starting level 2 over and over again? Just let the timer run out when you're near the end of the level so you don't have to go to the more challenging stages.

I give up Meerca Chase too-500 is the highest I've ever gotten, but I've never seen a Fish Negg.

For Snowmuncher did you try starting level 2 over and over again? Just let the timer run out when you're near the end of the level so you don't have to go to the more challenging stages.

Nope - I have a very straightforward approach; if the potion is too far away, and you're already starting to get a bit bloated, ignore it and keep going down, and hope that you come across a closer potion quickly.

Sometimes when Dieter is almost bloated I do this really risky move by quickly charging across the screen, grabbing the potion, the rapidly digging down before the blocks fall on me. It helped me get the avatar but I've also lost him a few lives because of it.

I've given up with the Meerca Chase avvie - the best I can achieve is 600-odd points, and that's if I get a Fish Negg!

I'm not big on game avvies myself - the only game-related ones I have are Eliv Thade (which is fairly easy, albeit dull) and Sutek's Tomb (I got a lucky game and scored 3500). I tried for Faerie Bubbles, but I'm hopeless at it, and it's gonna take a while before I'm good with Snowmuncher again (on my old main, I was 150 points under -_-)

Ive been around 800 something. my brother got the avvie when it was with the first version. -.-

with snowmuncher, ive gotten in the 2000s but thats it.

The important thing to remember with games is that practice makes perfect. You can get the avatar right away on a few games, but most of them take a lot of practice, like Meerca Chase. I thought I'd never get it, but I practiced a lot, improved, and finally did. I needed the practice, though. Sometimes now I get the avatar score without getting a Fish Negg. I definitely didn't when I started, though.

So even if you're not great at a game, you still have a chance! Just keep trying! That's my plan with Magax. I don't have it yet but I'm more confident that I can get wit with practice.