Question about Petpets

Disco Meepit

So hypothetially

If you de-attached a petpet (say , for another petpet whogot an avatar) you got the avatar and removed that petpet and readded the original petpet , would thatpetpet still say it's previous age?

To clear things up

Say I had a Disco Meepit who was 19 days old

I removed it and added a Meowclops , and got the avatar

I re-add it to the same pet.

Will it be 19 days old still or 0 hours?

All pets don't stay the same, do they? I thought I heard somewhere that some pets revert if you transfer them, like boris or lutaris (or whatever those seal looking things are).

It also isn't that different from pets losing their fishing skills when transferred. I actually forgot about that rule when I lent my fishing pet yesterday... Skill 85, gone! And I hadn't gotten the avie yet! *facepalm*

Yeah, I think its lame that the petpets loose their age just because you detatch them. Same with the lab zaps. Pets stay the same, traded, etc. So petpets should keep their color/age when removed. Silly that they dont.

I could see a potential problem with the lab zaps and people selling them for profit in a shop. TNT discourages treating petpets like items, and if I was looking to make a quick million NP, zapping and selling would be the way to go.. I will say that I transferred an Ixi and a Buzz this month: ages stayed the same and so did all battledome stats~

In conclusion:

Petpets will only lose their age when they're removed from the pet. You can trade the pet with the petpet and the petpet will still have its age and the pet keeps all its stats and its age as well.

And a quick look up showed that you do indeed lose the fishing level BUT if you get your pet back to its original account the fishing level will go back to normal (http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=489423&issue=443)

The question has been covered quite well, so I'll close the topic.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.