Oblivion is back!

Sakurabelle

awesome! thanks for letting us know! I've almost got all of the element items equipped on my pet. Just so you know, motes and cheap rings are much less expensive than what tdn has listed as examples of items to fight him.

Examples:

water - water mote

dark - ash mote

air - trumpet of blasting or cheap air ring

fire - cheap fire ring

earth - mud mixture

Apparently you can get this achievement from the Shattered Plain step:

Medium Rare Use a weapon that has a medium rarity (r45 to r50). Trumpet of Blasting and Sparkshooter both work.

Oh, and I got my missing oblivion achievement too! :D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Maybe I am *actually* doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get "You're Doing It Wrong"

I'm supposed to use a weapon that is the same element as the icon to the RIGHT of his name, correct?

I've tried with Air and Fire thus far and it just used my item and nothing happened.

Maybe... it's because they are absorbing damage?

I used a Cheap Air Ring (For Air) and Fire Mote (For fire)....

Maybe I am *actually* doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get "You're Doing It Wrong"

I'm supposed to use a weapon that is the same element as the icon to the RIGHT of his name, correct?

I've tried with Air and Fire thus far and it just used my item and nothing happened.

yes i have this problem too. its because he keeps using thyoras tear to block your attack. if you cant get past it, use burrow on the first turn with no weapons and hope that his attack wont get past.

yes i have this problem too. its because he keeps using thyoras tear to block your attack. if you cant get past it, use burrow on the first turn with no weapons and hope that his attack wont get past.

He keeps killing me or freezing me in the ground, sigh. I'll keep trying, though.

Thanks for the advice!

Fire mote doesn't always do actual damage. It's actually for defense, with a chance of doing fire damage. That happened to me when I was trying to get "You're doing it wrong." I used the fire mote, but since it didn't do any actual damage, I didn't get the achievement. The cheap rings should work though. Are you attacking with any other weapon in addition to the cheap air ring? Attack with just that one weapon that does the icon damage (on Oblivion's right) and then choose an attack pose for your pet. That should do it.

Gosh, I finally managed to get it when he switched to "dark" by using an ash mote.

Though I had just bought a "bat pack"to see if it would work for air...

If anyone needs to get the achievement and he's back to air, you could try it, it's cheaper than the ring and has multiple use.

good luck to everyone else!