the 3 new achievements

savamal

Triumph

How appropriate. You fight like a kau.

- Use each insult once (not necessarily on the same round)

Over 9000

What, are you in a hurry? Because clearly we're not.

- Get an Artefact energy absorption over 100% with 3 insults (use Nox, Faerie related and Jelly World insults)

Supercharger

You must have taken Insults 101, because you're pretty good at this. No, seriously, I mean it. I'm not being sarcastic. No, really. Why are you glaring at me? *sigh*

- Win 3 times in a row (use insults which have nothing to do with Faeries and Magic)

The effectiveness of the insults seems to vary over Distance. You can say one thing when she's far away, and it does almost nothing, but say the same thing when she's near and it's a one-hit. so unfortunately, Over 9000 isn't as simple as using these set insults :(

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/faeries-ruin/part9/

I helped Xepha write the guide, look at it! XD

Being shot at is really nothing new to me. *yawn*

Could we hurry this up a little? I've got places to be.

Didn't you ever learn how to use your words?

Didn't your mother teach you it's rude to try to vaporise people?

Have you ever been mistaken for a Very Stinky Cheese and rolled down a hill in Meridell?

Nobody likes a homicidal maniac!

You smell funny!

You're not good with moving targets, are you?

Those are the ones that deals less absorption for me (in bold the lowest ones)

You have earned an achievement for completing a hidden task!

Over 9000

Head on over to your Fearless Deeds to admire your greatness.

I found that Nox, Edna, Study with the Faeries, Magic skills stink, and the money tree one were all decent for getting the Over 9000 achievement. It takes some luck though.

I just noticed that I actually got 103 when I got the achievement. Interesting how these things happen.

I had about the same results as you, Savamal, but "Didn't your mother ever teach you it's rude to vaporize people?" didn't seem to increase at all usually. I would say it was one of the lowest for me.

Took a bit of figuring out but I found that mostly if I used set insults like 'Nobody likes a homicidal maniac!' and 'Didn't your mother teach you it's rude to try to vaporise people?' it worked to the end. But if I used insults like 'Something tells me you didn't study with the faeries long enough.' or anything else magic or faerie related it caused massive damage. Oddly the two paintbrush insults seemed to hurt her alot as well...

Got all three farily quickly...the one for succeeding three times in a row took me longest.

Any idea if doing it more times will get us more plot points? I have no intention of going near oblivion again...I already got the achievments and I don't want to spend 100k to heal my pet.

Took a bit of figuring out but I found that mostly if I used set insults like 'Nobody likes a homicidal maniac!' and 'Didn't your mother teach you it's rude to try to vaporise people?' it worked to the end. But if I used insults like 'Something tells me you didn't study with the faeries long enough.' or anything else magic or faerie related it caused massive damage. Oddly the two paintbrush insults seemed to hurt her alot as well...

Got all three farily quickly...the one for succeeding three times in a row took me longest.

Any idea if doing it more times will get us more plot points? I have no intention of going near oblivion again...I already got the achievments and I don't want to spend 100k to heal my pet.

why would you spend that much for healing ? (ok, didn't check the shop wiz...) but I have so many Healing Potions (I to XII) so I use one and fight Oblivion. Since we only remove 1 HP from him with the right icons, I don't need to fully heal my pet

Savamal, I didnt bother completely healing mine either. Not much point, as Oblivion usually wins in one turn, two tops.

I used to have a zillion healing potions in my SDB too. Somehow they all disappeared between the last BD step and this one. I know I didn't use them all, but neopets has a strange way of making things disappear.

why would you spend that much for healing ? (ok, didn't check the shop wiz...) but I have so many Healing Potions (I to XII) so I use one and fight Oblivion. Since we only remove 1 HP from him with the right icons, I don't need to fully heal my pet

Sorry, didn't make that clear - my battlepet has blurred vision...which costs 100k odd to heal!

Usually I switch pet but I forgot and so I'm now trying to get him to have a cheaper illness or healed by the wheels...

Secre, my BD pet has blurred vision too, coincidentally! What a pain! My other best pet had ugga-ugga, and I didnt want to heal that either until the healing springs came back.

So I just used my lab rat, which has atrocious stats. I dealt some damage and got the achievements anyway.

Sorry, didn't make that clear - my battlepet has blurred vision...which costs 100k odd to heal!

Usually I switch pet but I forgot and so I'm now trying to get him to have a cheaper illness or healed by the wheels...

Give your pet a Poisonous Jelly to change his/her disease to NeoMonia and heal him/her with a Medicinal Soap which is way cheaper ;)

Triumph and Over 9000 was pretty easy to me but I'm stuck with Supercharger :guiltysmiley:

I didn't knew about the Poisonous Jelly thing, that would save me so much neopints!!!, thanks :laughingsmiley:

insults are worth roughly a certain amount of points depending on what distance you are away from her, i wrote mine down as i went along and the + and - are the distance + or - from % which does help a bit

"You smell funny!"

0.00%!

"Being shot at is really nothing new to me. *yawn*"

0.32%! 8.72%! 13.72%!-1.28 2.22%!-22.8

"Your mastery of magic is like Jelly World—it doesn't exist!"

8.12%! 16.72%!-31.3

"Didn't you ever learn how to use your words?"

19.66%! 9.36%! 18.66%!-20 8.96%!-26 8.56%!-31

"Nobody likes a homicidal maniac!"

13.46%! 21.56%!-6.4 20.36%!-29.7

"Have you ever been mistaken for a Very Stinky Cheese and rolled down a hill in Meridell?"

14.52%!

"You're not good with moving targets, are you?"

19.70%

Didn't your mother teach you it's rude to try to vaporise people?"

20.64%! 10.34%! 11.64%!-6.3

"Speckled? What, you couldn't afford a Blue Paint Brush?"

20.00%! 32.80%! 20.20%!+8

"There are Petpetpets on Kreludor who could aim better than you!"

21.86%!-4.1 15.56%!-35

"Could we hurry this up a little? I've got places to be."

24.14%!

"Now I see why you needed this artefact—your magic skills stink!"

27.48%! 42.08%! 38.08%! 35.58%!-2

"Do you get all of your clothes from scrounging around the Money Tree, or just that rag?"

30.14%! 28.34%!+5.3

"Let me guess—you're doing your best Edna impression?"

36.96%! 36.56%!-12.4

"Did you win the Neopie for "Neopia's Nerdiest Magician"?"

39.46%! 21.66%!-22

"Nox must've died from laughing at your magical abilities."

43.10%! 36.00%! 33.30%!-17 30.10%!-17

"Something tells me you didn't study with the faeries long enough."

43.64%! 31.74%! 43.14%!+13

"Until I met you, I didn't even know there was an Ugly Paint Brush!"

44.62%!

"Here's a Neopoint, maybe you can go buy a clue with it."

44.46%! 33.46%!+13 40.26%!+18 32.06%!-2

"You're just jealous you'll never be as powerful as Fyora!"

47.80%!

Nice work! I considered doing something similar to that, but then I remembered how lazy I am. :D

Also, I finally got Over 9000, on my first try this morning, thanks to having three strong insults (I think it was Nox, Edna, study-with-Faeries) at distances over 40m.