Portrait of Jelly Chia on his Birthday!

Annie

Thank you :).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'regular' photoshop. I first sketched it on lined paper, scanned it, painted it in photoshop, and overlaid the outline on the painting. You can probably still see the grid lines if you look carefully :P. I have a tablet, so it was pretty easy.

Does that answer your question?

Thank you :)

I meant to say Photoshop CS3. There were many, many previous versions of photoshop.

I only did it for the random contest avatar, which I'm still waiting for. Does anyone know how long it takes for the prizes to be awarded?

I think this will be my last time entering random contest, especially now that I'm getting the avatar. Unless they have another drawing one, which is pretty much the only thing I can do :P

I coulda swore there were multiple versions of photoshop

I could be mistaken though

There's really only 2 "versions". Adobe Photoshop Elements (limited features, meant for learning and much cheaper, some schools usually have this) and plain old Adobe Photoshop which gives you everything. I think that might be what's getting you confused. Oh and, like all software there are upgrades like the CS series is more advanced than the...non CS series (no clue how to say it)

and don't you get a trophie too? o.0 Or am I just delusional? :P

Oh that's what you mean by version. Yes, there are photoshop elements and the full photoshop. Elements is the the washed down version of it, much cheaper though. Full Photoshop goes from like PS3 to PS8 or 9, then they switched to the CS numbering for Creative Suite. I think they are up to CS5 now.

I'm actually not sure about the trophy, since I only got second place. Also, I haven't received anything yet, so we'll see. I would love a trophy though :D. I'll take a silver one, I'm easy to please.

I think it takes a week or two later after the contest that you receive a neomail from TNT giving you the avatar, prize and trophy. But don't worry, its great by just winning already. :D

Oh I see. I've never won anything contest-related before, so I had no idea how it worked. I was very surprised at how quickly they announced the winners. I wonder how many people actually entered though.

Anyway, I'll be here patiently waiting for my avatar and trophy 0:)

:yes: Oh I just love this! The colors are amazing and I love the ambiance to it. My favorite part is that his foot is translucent enough to see his Grundo plushie. It's little details like that that make a great picture stand out!

Do you have an art gallery? I'd love to see your other work.

Glad you like it :). I was a little sad that the orange glow blocked out most of the plushie behind the jelly, because I actually drew the whole picture first, THEN added the glow. In hindsight, I'm not sure if making the glow opaque was a good idea, but it's too late now.

I actually don't have a gallery. This was a one time thing, mostly because I simply don't have the time. I'll try doing some more pictures from now on, though, just to see if I can get some trophies/avatars for them. If I do, I'll share them here :)

Also, I'm not sure if anybody noticed this, but the Grundo plushie is wearing a chef's hat and aprons. According to the Gallery of Evil, a chef/magician named Wizzle made Jelly Chia to be his friend, and more importantly, to be snacked on if Wizzle ever had the munchies. When he did get the munchies and tried to eat Jelly Chia, Jelly Chia got scared and accidentally dissolved Wizzle. So my painting was expanding on that and suggesting that Jelly Chia made a plushie of Wizzle because he was lonely and wanted his friend back. Even though his friend tried to eat him.

Thanks for the feedback =D. I need to post pictures more often....

I'm perfectly happy with a 2nd place, considering I've never entered any kind of contest on Neopets before. Most importantly, it's going to get me an avatar (which I am STILL waiting on), and that's all really was going for in the first place. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

omg this is amazing! x_x

Good job!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Smilies do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.