The All-Star Sports Thread

CAV of Gang Green

-shudder- So I don't think i'm gonna bring up a football discussion...

Unfortuantely, Ryan didn't. But I did, and it's about ALL sports.

Discuss football, baseball, basketball, tennis, rugby, golf, handball, hockey and more.

Something tells me that I'm the only active user that watches hockey....anyway, GET TALKING!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch Hockey! And basketball, and soccer, and the Olympics HAHA. I like the Penguins.

I support the New Jersey Devils.

People find me strange because I watch hockey. They find me even stranger when I support New Jersey's team instead of any of the 2 New York teams. I support all 3, but I much perfer the Devils.

My former roommate likes the Devils, which is funny since we called her Satan. I still think she is the devil himself, so I refuse to even watch a Devils game. When I was little I loved Penguins and that's why I started supporting them. Plus their goalie has a funny name.

I don't watch hockey

I didn't know till recently LA had a team, I guess I support them

I support the most local teams to me,, football is chargers, basketball is Lakers, baseball is Angels

but I don't watch sports much, I prefer playing them

Here's how I stand sports wise:

Baseball: NEW YORK METS, NO DOUBT!

Hockey: New Jersey Devils

Football: Jets or Giants, whomever brings home the championship. I tend to perfer the Jets though.

Basketball: I barely watch basketball, but when I do, I tend to cheer for the LA Lakers or the Knicks.

I'm happy that the Mets cleaned up their staff, and hired a new General Manager. I hope this guy isn't cheap with money like Omar was, and actually spends it to get REAL players, not washed up has beens like Gary Sheffield.

Televised sports are boring, and when boys are watching them, they don't pay good attention to their deserving women.

Just like how you ladies get your free time with shopping and such, us guys deserve our free time with video games and sports.

Pfft, shopping is what we do when our men aren't paying attention to us and watching silly games on tv.

Well, whatever you do for free time. Don't you hate it when men get involved in it? Well, us guys get our free time.

You don't always need attention, you know. :P

I used to watch baseball and basketball. But when my team (Utah Jazz) lost to the Bulls the second year in the Finals, (due to several bad ref calls) I quit watching. So I haven't watched a pro basketball in 10 years.

And I watched baseball because I was playing softball at the time.

But like Tyler, I'd rather play a sport, than watch it.

This year has been terribly sad for Arizona.

The Cardinals lost Kurt Warner and Boldin, plus some good defensive players. And all we get back was two awful qaurterbacks that throw more interceptions than touchdwns. Special teams and defense get more points than offense.

As far as football goes, the only goo players wehave are hission, Fitzgerald, and Dockett. -shakes head- I get the feeling we won't be winning any divisions anytime soon...

And the Suns, we lost Stoudemire who worked great with Nash and who always got double-teamed, plus a defensive player. Not to mentio Nash is considering retiring.

I doubt we'll even make the playoffs. D:

And the D-backs suck. End of story.

Atleast our hockey team is pretty much PWNing this year. Or so i've heard. -shrug-

This year i'm rooting for:

Eagles and Bears for football.

And for basketball, I don't care who wins as long as the Spurs and Lakers don't. I can't stand either of those teams, especially Kobe Bryant.

The D-Backs really do suck, worst in the National League. But at least you aren't the worst in all of baseball, that's where Baltimore comes in. Then again, they got Buck, the man whom created the dynasty Yankees in the 90s, so they'll be good in a few years. My father was hoping Buck would come to the Mets, but he's satisfied with the clean-up they are doing now with the new GM and Manager.

I'm dissipointed with the NY teams in Hockey. The Rangers are doing rather lackluster. The Islanders are even worse, losing 14 straight games before winning last week. Worst team in Hockey right now. At least the Devils aren't doing TOO bad. But there is a lot of room for improvement.

I don't care for Basketball at the point.

And I haven't seen football in a while now.

I remember a couple years ago, when everyone here was so excited because the Colorado Rockies made it to the World Series... and that didn't go well for them at all. I was more of a Marlin's fan. I do plan to eventually see a Broncos, Nuggets, and Rockies game. I love going to baseball games.

I love baseball games too. Shea Stadium was my home away from home. When the final piece was torn down, I literally cried.

This shows that I'm either a true die-hard Mets fan, or that I'm a complete wuss.

And yes, that's Citi Field behind it, the new stadium for the Mets.

I don't either. But they're the team I'd have to see no matter what, if I went to a local game. :laughingsmiley:

I don't like the current NBA players. I miss the days of Karl Malone, John Stockton, Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, etc.

I absoulutely love the St. Louis Cardinals! :D

I like to watch:

Baseball = St. Louis Cardinals

Football = I'll watch anyone, but I like to see the Steelers/ Raiders and the Razorbacks

Basketball = I really don't care. I barely watch.

Hockey = Never

Golf = My dad is a golf nut so I always see some Golf before I fall asleep <_<

MICHAELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had to do that.

I agree about Michael Vick. Then again, I don't pay attention to the Eagles in the first place.