The Faeries Ruin: The Shattered Plain

hrtbrk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! I got all of the achievements! And I got as far as I could cap wise! *is done with BDing until the next step*

Wow! Congrats on that last BD achievement. I'm currently taking on a Commander. I've gotten pretty close. I got killed when it only had 20 HP left. It's improvement.

Wow! Congrats on that last BD achievement. I'm currently taking on a Commander. I've gotten pretty close. I got killed when it only had 20 HP left. It's improvement.

Definitely! I was so worried when drawing with the Tormentors and Annihilators. They were 50+ HP and I was less than 20 HP but I still managed to draw!

I know if I keep trying, I can beat/draw with a Commander, but the other's are out of reach. But I tried my best. I'll probably try to get as close to capping the others as I can.

Me too. I got as far as I could capping wise which wasnt very good. But hey, at least it is something!

For people struggling on even getting a single tormentor kill, a Slippery Floor Potion (One-Use, costs less than 1K NP) blocks all fire and all water, effectively negating all damage from the Pocket Cooking Pot, and taking a good chunk out of their bomb. It also does six icons of damage, so throwing one out there is almost the equivalent of a Thick Smoke Bomb which you can equip multiple times in the battle.

With my low stats:

Level: 42

Strength: 85

Defense: 77

HP: 84

And with this set (Not too expensive):

Green Frost Cannon

Greater Healing Scroll

Golden Compass x2

Slippery Floor Potion x4

I pulled out a WIN against the Shadow Phantom Tormentor, a difficulty 250 challenger. Here was my strategy:

Turn 1: Green Frost Cannon, Golden Compass, Drain Life

If the Tormentor hasn't used his Rainbow Scorchstone, even if you get a freeze, DO NOT CONTINUE. If he has, then continue as follows:

Turn 2: If frozen, use Golden Compass x2 + Fierce Attack. If not frozen, use Slippery Floor Potion and Golden Compass + Fierce Attack.

Turns 3-5: Use Slippery Floor Potion and Golden Compass + Fierce Attack.

Turn 6: If he wasn't frozen in the beginning, you should be out of Slippery Floor Potions, so at this point go Golden Compass x2 + Sink. If he was frozen in the beginning, use Slippery Floor Potion and Golden Compass and Fierce Attack again.

Turn 7+: If he wasn't frozen in the beginning, just use Golden Compass x2 + Fierce Attack until you win/draw (If you've made it this far, I really can't see you losing assuming you have a decent strength boost). If he was frozen in the beginning, use Golden Compass x2 + Sink, and then use Golden Compass x2 + Fierce Attack until you win/draw.

Hopefully this helps some people, and if you try it a couple times (granted you have decent stats), you'll definitely get a win/draw. Also, it's cheaper than a lot of other strategies since you can easily pick up 4 Slippery Floor Potions (the only things you'd need to "recharge" your set) for less than 3500 NP.

I was doing some fairly okay (sometimes) battles with the Commander, and out of nowhere, he started killing me in one shot, doing over 100 damage in the first turn. The first ton of battles I did, that never happened.

I hope it continues long enough for me to figure something out for the last 3.

The boss (Oblivion) is now there! Three new fearless deeds to accomplish! The first one only requires to lose to him! :laughingsmiley:

He's scary. So is his difficulty. :laughingsmiley: But I think I will have no trouble at all with that one achievement.

Was anyone lucky enough to survive and get a 2nd turn against Oblivion?

I had it happen once. He didn't do any damage on the first turn, and I'd only done a little bit. I was really shocked to see my Ruki was still around.

Was anyone lucky enough to survive and get a 2nd turn against Oblivion?

Same thing happened to me but I withdrew after because I didn't have the appropriate elements.