My goal....

Kuroida

OK. My current goal as some may already know is to get all the secret lab map pieces so I can adopt some pets and use them as my lab rats before giving them off (like an adoption thing).

I want to do this on a side account but I'm not really sure how those work :S Is it allowed? What do side accounts do and what can the not do? How do you get np to your side account? (I know you can give items via the trading post but what about actual np?) Can the pets from the side access the soup kitchen?

And most importantly, does the side account have to be 4 months old to be able to transfer pets from my main? :S If yes is there a way around it? Or am I kind of doomed? :P

So yes, it's allowed to zap pet from any of your 5 accounts and then to put them up for adoption or back into the pound for other users to find.

Side accounts can do a lot of things, as long as they don't earn NP or Items from it. I've posted a link below with more details :)

And limited and restricted pets can only be adopted by an account that is over 4 months. See the list in the link below as well.

Articles that might interest you:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/multiple-accounts/

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/neopian-pound/

Hmm.... Good questions!

My guess is that transferring NP to your side account is fine, since you didn't earn the NP with the side. The general rule with sides is that if it helps you make NP in a way that you need the side in order to do it, then it's not allowed. But since transferring NP to your side doesn't help your main earn more NP, I would presume it's fine. There's probably an editorial about it, so you could try Googling to find it. If you're worried about it though, why don't you just buy the map pieces on your main and send them to your sides?

Accounts must be 4 months old in order to adopt painted or limited edition pets. I think brand new accounts can transfer pets, but they can't be painted ones. You're not doomed, but you might run into problems...

To get NPs to a side account you need to put an item in your shop on your side, and then purchase it with your main account. You can run an adoption agency through your side but you are not allowed to play games or do dailies or earn any neopoints on that account. There is no way to use the transfer function for most painted pets under 4 months. That also includes adopting through the pound. There is a list of pets that can be adopted, like I think purple might be an option but I'm not sure. Seeing as how it takes a long time to save up/get the map pieces, as well as actually getting anything good using the lab map, I'm sure you're account will be old enough to use the transfer function. And if you're going to use the lab ray on your main and then transfer the pets, try and remember that you only have so many transfers in a month.

To get NPs to a side account you need to put an item in your shop on your side, and then purchase it with your main account.

Just so there's no confusion, you are not allowed to have a shop on your side account. The only way to transfer NP, it setting up trades, and transferring the NP that way.

Thanks for all the info guys. The links especially were a great help :P How do I make a side? Like is it just the same as making a main and the neopets team automatically figures out which one's your side and which one's your main? o.0

Thanks...now I have two accounts! :D (hopefully they'll be 4 months old by the time I have my full lab map) :S 4 more pieces to go! I hate how you can't have a Grundo as your starter pet -_-

*edit: Wait. Why can't I change my user lookup? o.0

What is happening that you want to change your lookup, or are unable to? haha I'm confused

oh. oops lol. Apparantly it doesn't let you change it when you're under 24hrs old. I didn't know that until later and I must have forgotten to change it over here :P

And while we're at it. Can we transfer pets from sides to you main without it costing you a transfer for the month or no? o.0

Congrats on getting your side set up. If you have questions about what you can/can't do on it, there's guides on TDN for that.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.