Why do you play games?

Kuroida

Is it for the np? The general fun? An avatar? Or, if you're a weirdo like me do you do it because the music sounds cool? Whatever, just tell us why you play!

I play games for the np. If I've exceeded the 3 games per day limit I won't play that game until the next day. Avatars I can't really be bothered. I also play Mootix Drop because I love the music (it's addictive!) XD But still, I never play more than 3 times (5 times since it's neopets' b-day now).

What about you guys?

I play games usually for np. I only play games I dislike or am not good at for the avvie. Sometimes I play them for fun. The ones I play for fun usually develop into my np games. :laughingsmiley:

yeah that sounds about right :P I played Mootix so many times I can get the 1000np max really quickly now :P

I'm like the with the Snuffly one. :laughingsmiley: I find it weird that almost no one has heard of my favorite game. o_O

I play for the NP, but I would like to get a couple more trophies on my lookup. I've recently set a goal of 5 to kick things off.

I forgot about trophies! I play a few easy games for easy trophies.

I play for a few reasons:

NP (That's why I'll play games I can't stand, if they're good for NP.)

Trophies (I want to get more, so I'm slowing working on that.)

Avatars (I'm horrible about this, but I will eventually start playing more avatar games)

Fun (I will play games like Sutek's Tomb and Typing Terror no matter what the NP ratio is, because I love the games.)

Now that you mention it.... some of the music DOES sound cool! hahaha. I play it for NPs mostly. I can never get a good enough score for the avatars, although I want them all.

Almost solely the np! I have my computer muted as the music annoys me! I'm slowly working towards trophy scores but I'm not too fussed as I'm not that good at most of them! Same goes with the avatars...I'll get there eventually!

Almost solely the np! I have my computer muted as the music annoys me!

That's true. A lot of the music annoys me....but the one exception is Mootix drop :P

And as for trophies...I wanted to get the attack of the marblemen trophy....went up to level 52....then it died!!! >.< D: And then I vowed to never do it again >_>

*Looks at your trophy cabinet* o_O That's a lot of trophies. How long did it take you to get them?

It's actually not as difficult as it would seem. These trophies (that I have) can be obtained without having to compete against other people:

1) Snow Wars

2) Pyramid Bonus

3) Sakhmet Solitaire Bonus

4) Neoquest

5) Go! Go! Go!

6) Cheat!

7) Beating Punchbag Bob

8) Cellblock

9) Neoquest II

(There's also Round Table Poker, but I haven't gotten around to that yet)

These 8 trophies are from special games. If you get the maximum score, you get put into the table at 100th place, and with each new person who gets the max score, you get bumped up one place. (Note: Each person can only get put on the high score table with the max score once per month) As long as you are anywhere from 1st to 100th when trophies are awarded, you get a gold trophy. To guarantee that you get the trophy, just play them anytime from the mid to the end of the month.

1) Grand Theft Ummagine

2) Faerie Caves II - Fyora's Quest

3) Chia Bomber 2

4) Ruins Rampage

5) Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway

6) Dungeon Dash

7) Clockwork Codebreaker

8) Ugga Drop

Some other ones which are fairly easy to get that I have include:

1) Brain Tree Quest (Just play on the 1st of every month, you'll get it eventually)

2) The Neopian Lottery (You just have to win once, play every day and you'll get it eventually)

That's 20 trophies which aren't terribly difficult right there, and with a little bit of practice at Flash games, you can get those trophies on the first of the month too.

Also, both Hannah and the Pirate Caves and Hannah and the Ice Caves are fairly easy trophies on the first day of the month assuming you can get pretty far in the game. If you can complete the whole game in one go, you're pretty much guaranteed a gold regardless of when in the month you beat it. I got the Dice Escape trophy literally by following a game guide on the first day of the month, so that one isn't really all that bad either.

Get collecting! :D

It's usually when I notice that I'm low on NP and need a boost to avoid going broke that I start playing some games, but after that I'll generally keep on playing just for fun. :yes: I have a few favourite games that I come back to every now and again, but I often prefer to try out new stuff.

I used to play games for avatars, but I really suck at flash games so I moved to non-flash ones. Now I don't play any games :D

Me too. I'm not good at them but I'm trying to get more neopoints. Lately I've had barely any time for dailies, plus I get bored with the same games, so I haven't really been doing much of anything.

for the fun, and the neopoints, 'cause you can't buy funny things without them.

so it's great that they give neopoints but i think that if i could get neopoints just by going to the bank and beg for money and you will get it, the fun would go away very fast!

I play for the np, which is why I am all about the luck based games. I got Scorchy Slots trophy once because I randomly got the jackpot AND the hold screen came up so I could select when i wanted to get the next jackpot... THREE TIMES! :D That was such a profitable day!

I may go back to try and get avatars on certain games, but I am in no rush for them.