Harry Potter (might contain spoilers)

jumpingbeans

Harry Potter 7  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to see the seventh Harry Potter movie.

• Yes-on opening night (or before)
    • Yes- on opening weekend
    • Yes- eventually
    • No- I'm going to wait to get it on a DVD
    • No- never.
    • Already have.

You would perfer 5 hours, and so would several others. But the average human today doesn't have the attention span to watch such a movie.

Don't you remember Avatar? Everyone was commenting how it was so great, but then commented about how it was too long (2 hours 40 min). Same was done with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Lord of the Rings 3, the King Kong remake, and basically any movie that is over 2 and a half hours.

If you take a 5 hour movie, nobody is going to want to sit through the whole thing.

Don't you remember Avatar?

Actually, no. I never watched it.

But how about they make it a 5 hour movie, and then turn that into two 2 1/2 movies. If you want to see the 5 hour movie, you get it for one price, but the movie's longer, and vice-versa.

I agree with CAV, 5 hour movie is just ridiculous. For example, the Titanic is over 5 hours when its on TV and it is practically impossible to captivate me for that long, even when I'm sick. And for the amount of action and amazingness that is sure to be in the movies, two tickets is not really that big of a deal. If you want to watch it all in 5 hours you will just have to wait until they are both out on DVD. And I for one do not want to wait a whole extra year just so the could have both 1/2s come out at once so I say thank you Warner Brothers!

Actually, no. I never watched it.

It was 2 hours and 40 minutes. I thought it was fantastic, and I actually thought it was short when I first saw it. But some critics had other thoughts, and felt that it was too long.

Now that I think of it, even The Dark Knight had that problem.

Hey!

Congratulations on getting tickets to the HP movie! I know that it has been hectic getting them- especially it being the second to last movie and all. Though I hate it when radio stations or people call it the last movie when it really isn't. *sigh*

I am going to see it this weekend. I wanted to see it as the midnight showing, but it would be after a 12 day choir practice and I'd be drained that I would sleep. But if I have the time and I'm pumped, then I would. But my best bet would be seeing it on Saturday or Sunday or something. (:

I've read all of the books as well as seen all of the movies. I made the mistake of reading the sixth book before seeing the movie and let me tell you that even though that is my favorite out of all seven, I disliked it so much. It left out sooooo much. D: Anyways /rant. xDD

I've read all of the books as well as seen all of the movies. I made the mistake of reading the sixth book before seeing the movie and let me tell you that even though that is my favorite out of all seven, I disliked it so much. It left out sooooo much. D: Anyways /rant. xDD

And this is why Deathy Hallows has been split into 2 parts.

Speaking of which, Part 1 opened in England today. It has gotten pretty good reviews so far.

Can you please put spoiler tags on that last part? I didn't finish the book yet, and I don't want anything spoiled. Not even little things.

Haha, I'm sorry about that. I just assume after two years, the plot would have been out by now. Still, I hope I didn't mar your HP experience by too much.

As I've said before, the movie slightly dragged on for me. Maybe it was because I had woken up at 7 am and went to see it at Midnight, and the theater was ridiculously hot and the seats were uncomfortable, but toward the middle/end I was like COME ON ALREADY SOMETHING HAPPEN.

I was totally okay with the Harry/Hermoine hook up by the way ;)

It wasn't that long for me. Probably because it wasn't as late for me.

Yeah that could be it. I also never read the books because when the first one came out I was about.. 10 or so? And that was WAY too many pages for me and the second one was longer so I gave up lol. So I was like WHY ARE THEY JUST WALKING AROUND IN NATURE. CUT THIS OUT AND GIVE ME ACTION. But apparently the first half of the book is that way..

I felt this movie accurately portrayed what happened in the book. Of course there were differences, but the changes for the most part were very fair, and in some cases, even better! Made two deaths more meaningful, and even decided not to kill one, which makes me wonder if they will make him have a more meaningful death then...

Overall, I loved it! Much better than the last movie, which infuriated me... Deleted a scene to add a pointless scene... yeah that's great.

Several HP fans would cry about how the directors would leave stuff out of the movies. Well, they fixed that. They are making 2 parts, each about 2 1/2 hours long, that way they leave NOTHING out of the book. It's something that the fans have wanted for years, and they're STILL not happy. They complain how it's "2 parts, and you have to buy 2 tickets blarh!!"

Well, would you rather see two 2 1/2 hour movies? Or one big 5 hour movie? I would be able to see 5 hours, but I doubt that many people out there would have the attention span to do so. So I think 2 parts is for the best.

Yeah. Like I cried when they left out the hospital scene in movie 6 WHICH I WILL NEVER GET OVER!!! >.< And they deleted a lot of scenes in the other movies too. Especially movie 4 which I still think deserved a split than the 7th one o.0

And I heard from a lot of my friends that the movie was bad....I think they realized they didn't have to make good movies to get ppl to watch them :P

Yeah. Like I cried when they left out the hospital scene in movie 6 WHICH I WILL NEVER GET OVER!!! >.< And they deleted a lot of scenes in the other movies too. Especially movie 4 which I still think deserved a split than the 7th one o.0

Remind me what the hospital scene is again. I forgot.

4 did deserve a split, but as you see here, 7 is also in need of it, since they gotta find ALL the horocruxes.

If that really wanted to stuff every single thing into the 4th I agree they would need to split it but for one movie I think they did fairly well.

But as far as the hospital stuff, I agree. That was when they go visit mr weasley and then see lockhart all crazy and such (from the 2nd book) and they see Neville visiting his mom and dad who were driven crazy from the cruciatus curse that Beallatrix used on them.

Book 7 definitely had to be split because like CAV said, there are a lot of horcruxes and throw in the fact about the deathly hallows, which you clearly can't cut out since its well, the title, its a lot of stuff.

But I think they did the movie really well, compared to the book, it moved along at a fairly good clip.

Not to me. The epilogue was meh-ish to me.

However, I have the problem with the end duel. Only 2 spells were used, then Voldemort dies. I feel as though there should've been a big final battle between Harry and Voldemort.

Yeah but it bothered me. For them to be hyping it all up and then we get an anti-climatic ending.

But it was still a good book.

I agree. I felt like not much really happened, and like the end of the book has SO much more in it. And then to have it just end with Voldy all MUAHAHAHAHA was so anti-climatic. I was not impressed.