What's so good about Premium?

Tank Girl

I don't know if there's already a topic posted about this but I was wondering if anyone is on Neopets Premium and could let me know what the differences are? I'm considering signing up but I don't want to waste my money if it's no good.

You get access to the Super Shop Wizard, who can find the cheapest shops of Neopia for the item of your choice...

There is a private premium neoboard section, and one for long time premium users known as charter board.

Every friday, you get a scratchcard that has 100% chance to be a winner.

No ads on Neopets.

And lastly, the premium referal program is very nice, if you can get people to sign up ;)

That's probably the top benefits of being Premium.

I'd say the best would be the SSW, and the no-ads. The ads can be pretty annoying.

And I thought you could get NC from something when you've got premium, or a discount on buying it. Or is this just me?

Edit: You also get the Space Talisman/trophy, and the Space Faerie Tool bar/layout.

No ads would definitely be a plus and the scratchcard thing sounds pretty cool!

I read something about special random events? Does that mean better prizes, or just that the Monocerous drops by more often to tell me how many pets he's eaten that week?

just because i have been considering getting the same thing i was wondering how much it costs, also Vampire V pointed out that what she said was available was the top things, however i would like to know what ALL the benifits are not just the good ones.

All i know is you can get the neomail avatar as soon as you sign up and i have head speculation that random avatars ar eaisier to get

I was signed up for a while, and it had some pros, but it wasn't worth the price for me. It has the super shop wizard, which is basically tells you the top 10-15 cheapest shops for a particular item. No having to refresh or whatever. But it only lets you search so many times in one sitting, which made reshopping hard. Plus once I got dependent on it, it made using the regular shop wizard a pain. It also had more random events, like winning lotto tickets with the occassional item attached. And every Friday you get a Space Faerie scratch card for free, which usually gives a good prize every week. You also get the Neomail Avatar at the beginning of the free trial.

You should get the free trial and see how you like it. Personally I didn't feel as though it was worth it to pay all that money for just a few tiny perks.

Edit: To Silver Mist - the random avatars are not affected. It took me five tries with five different lenders, and 30-55 minutes of refreshing each time to get the Drackonack avatar while I had Premium. Also I still had tons of ads on Neopets, even after paying for Premium for 6 months. I didn't get the space faerie layout OR the trophy that one of the previous posters mentioned.

I was signed up for a while, and it had some pros, but it wasn't worth the price for me. It has the super shop wizard, which is basically tells you the top 10-15 cheapest shops for a particular item. No having to refresh or whatever. But it only lets you search so many times in one sitting, which made reshopping hard. Plus once I got dependent on it, it made using the regular shop wizard a pain. It also had more random events, like winning lotto tickets with the occassional item attached. And every Friday you get a Space Faerie scratch card for free, which usually gives a good prize every week. You also get the Neomail Avatar at the beginning of the free trial.

You should get the free trial and see how you like it. Personally I didn't feel as though it was worth it to pay all that money for just a few tiny perks.

Edit: To Silver Mist - the random avatars are not affected. It took me five tries with five different lenders, and 30-55 minutes of refreshing each time to get the Drackonack avatar while I had Premium. Also I still had tons of ads on Neopets, even after paying for Premium for 6 months. I didn't get the space faerie layout OR the trophy that one of the previous posters mentioned.

You only get the Space Faerie/Premium Theme if you keep it, and there's no trophy. the "talisman" mentioned earlier has a chance of doubling your winnings on any game.

You only get the Space Faerie/Premium Theme if you keep it, and there's no trophy. the "talisman" mentioned earlier has a chance of doubling your winnings on any game.

Well I paid for it for 5 months and didn't get the theme. I just cancelled it recently. And I didn't get the talisman either lol.

Well I paid for it for 5 months and didn't get the theme. I just cancelled it recently. And I didn't get the talisman either lol.

Well, you can't check if you have the talisman, so you can't just boldly state that you didn't get the talisman.

Well, you can't check if you have the talisman, so you can't just boldly state that you didn't get the talisman.

Well then how do you know if you have the Talisman if you can't check? It's not being bold lol. I most definitely have never had any of my winnings doubled lol. All I'm saying is that it didn't happen to me. When I signed up there was no mention of getting a chance to double my winnings randomly, etc.

The Space Faerie Talisman/Charm shows up in your Site Event trophies. Mine is sitting right between my DoN Series 2 trophy and my Lutari Talisman. You get the Space Faerie Charm for for two successful referrals.

I thought Premium was well worth it. Sure, some parts of it are junk, like the really outdated portal feature, but there are other things I really like. I love the SSW and the Charter boards. It is so nice to get to use the Neoboards, and have a place where everyone is friendly and helpful, virtually free of trolls.

The Space Faerie Talisman/Charm shows up in your Site Event trophies. Mine is sitting right between my DoN Series 2 trophy and my Lutari Talisman. You get the Space Faerie Charm for for two successful referrals.

I thought Premium was well worth it. Sure, some parts of it are junk, like the really outdated portal feature, but there are other things I really like. I love the SSW and the Charter boards. It is so nice to get to use the Neoboards, and have a place where everyone is friendly and helpful, virtually free of trolls.

Haha okay I definitely didn't get anything under my site event trophies... I wonder if that ended? Or maybe there was a glitch and I didn't get it but I have a screenie of my user lookup when I still had premium and it's not there... But I agree. There were some perks from Premium but it just wasn't worth the price for me. Then again I go to college and can barely afford groceries, so had I been in a different situation I might have kept it ;) lol.