Post Voting

The Score in Blue

So there's the little plus and minus in the corner of each TDN forums post.

When I mouse over it, it says Reputation.

What are these buttons for anyway?

That's something of a member rating system that arrived with one of our recent forum upgrades. We don't use it however, so for now it just sits there looking kinda dumb. :yes:

*gets frightened from CAV's evil laugh* Did you have to do that? o_0

So where does this member rating appear?

It would appear on the profile of the member you just voted up/down, on the left below the profile picture. However since we don't use it we don't see those anywhere.. Well, next to some 1337 staff ;)

Exactly. CAV pressing the button had no effect, because the system is actually disabled. :)

Exactly. CAV pressing the button had no effect, because the system is actually disabled. :)

OR WAS IT????

Seriously though, why'd you disable it, to the point that only some staff members can actually have one? Soah City (a site that uses IP as well) uses the system, and it works great.

We just do not want people to rate each other down necessarily.

The 5 star rating system does that already. Me being 3 stars has shown that I've gotten several 1 and 2 star ratings. If you plan to disable the rep system, you may as well do it with the star rating system as well, as it has the same purpose.

The post ranking system has never worked, not since the day of the upgrade. I'm pretty sure that's because we never set how many you can do per day (thus they're all 0 by default). Of course, I'm not about to go digging for it in the ACP, and we're doing quite fine without it.

Who voted you a 1 star, CAV? It wasn't me.

I dunno. Someone I fought with in the 9ast before, that's for sure. I obviously cannot give names here in 9ublic. But I don't know for certain.

It's not like I can click my rating and see who voted what.

Guest Yoshinho

Well actually isn't there a way to hide the rep system like remove it(uninstall)

I think it is a great idea to remove it since it will cause nothing but trouble and many, many..... MANY fights

It would make me depressed to go look at my profile and realize people had rated me down because they didnt agree with what I said. I know most people on here are mature enough to realize that everyone has different opinions but you never know. So im glad that its disabled.

• 1 month later...

tsubasa, i just wanted to say that i love your name/avvie/siggy xD

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump old topics that have been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.