Step Six

Shadaw the Rampage

It changes every time you do it, so mapping isn't necessarily helpful, though it can be. Someone showed me a fascinating system that works kind of like this.

1       |2       |3       |4       |5       |6       |7       |8       
O O O O |O O O O |O O O O |X O O X |O X O O |O O O X |O O O X |O X X O 
# # 2 E |# # # 3 |2 15124 |  3 5   |9   6 4 |# # 7   |128 6   |7     9 
silent  |rotting |quiet   |quiet   |rotting |odd     |echo    |silent  

9       |10      |11      |12      |13      |14      |15      |16
O O O O |O O O O |X O O O |O O O X |O X O X |O X O X |O O O O |O O O X 
# 16105 |# # # 11|  # # 6 |3 7 13  |12  14  |13  15  |# # # 3 |# # 1   
odd     |musty   |rotting |silent  |scrab.  |musty   |hum     |drip

Os represent doorways, Xs represent blank spaces. Each time you go to a new room, you give it a number and indicate what door led there by putting that number under the proper door. You should eventually be able to wander the whole system and figure out what caves go where.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the goo achievement, does the actions tell you the order? Or is that random too. I got the first neopet and wrote down which limbs i did and then went to do the second one, and it made me start over. So, I am not understand what I am supposed to be doing for this :(

Theres five options

threateningly

gently

slowly

strangly

oddly

If you get a correct answer for threatening {its different for everyone} lets say the answer is pull right arm you'd write next to threateningly

Threateningly = right arm

^ this never changes. if its right arm for threatening for you than it will be every time alfterwords.

MINE ended up looking like this when it was compleate

threateningly = left arm

gently = right arm

slowly = left arm

strangly = right leg

oddly = left arm

^- that was mine. now guys. importantly note alfter you have it done. DOUBLE CHECK when you go to use your guide to the tentical that you take it slowly and dont hit the wrong one. left arm left leg can look the same if your in a hurry. same for the rest. just take your time guys and you'll get it easly.

Same to you, Fragile - just keep wandering around. Eventually you'll stumble out. You can start mapping like I did above to keep track of where you've been, if you think it'll help.

I have created a small Excel file to help me with the mapping. I thought it might also help you guys out

Mods, Please let me know if this is against the rules, but I didn't find anything in the FAQ.

Link: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9fWRhBqvgboMjQxZmJmMzItOTQ0My00OWM1LTgyNGMtZjcxN2M3MzI5MWZh&hl=en&authkey=CNj1l_EB

Background

The Excel document has a template sheet and a partially filled example sheet. The template sheet would be something that you would use. The yellow cells denote where you would input your room names.

Using the Template

Moving on to the example, I would put the room name and then which position had a wall. Example the third row says "dripping (1,3)" This meant that the cave was called "you can head faint dripping" and the first and third positions did not have doors. Hence under column headers position 1 and position 3 I put a X. For the remaining positions I select the room it leads to from the drop down list.

Rooms that had all 4 positions I denoted by 0. For example the third yellow cell says "Faint Rotting Stench (0)"

Points to note

The drop down list is populated from the yellow cells. So if you don't find the room name on the list you would need to just enter it in the yellow cells

Thanks. Let me know if this helps. Your feedback would be appreciated.

So I got all 5 cleaned off but am stuck in the caves Wandered around for a LOONG time and am going to try mapping it out All I want to do is get to the end so I can start over and get the Goo achievement :(

Thanks Paul214, the excel file was really helpful.

You are welcome. :) Glad to know it helped. :graduated:

I put in about 20 - 25 minutes to create it. I wasn't sure how useful it would be to others. So if there are a lot of people using it, I can update it to be more user friendly (some custom coding). I build these kind of Excel tools for fun as and when I have the time. If you used it and found it helpful or lacking something can you please post / send me a message?

• 2 weeks later...

Ughhh I finally JUST got out of the caves after what seemed like forever! <_<

The tendrils part was interesting. I eventually figured out which actions fit each description, and then went successfully on from there--until the 5th prisoner, when the "pulse threateningly" option showed up for the FIRST TIME. I was like ":ohno:"

Obvs just went trial and error from there and figured it out. I had no idea it would be an option until then, so I was not prepared. It was quite a surprise lol.

I'm liking this plot so far. The puzzles are cute and fun! I liked the books one... also I'm coming into it near the end when all the guides have been posted :D lol thanks to TDN for those! They're a lifesaver.

To anyone still in the caves, KEEP CLICKING! I was about to give up but I kept going for about 10 minutes in total and then bam, I was outta there! So don't give up!

There is an even easier way to get out of the cave once you have got the torch:

Press F5 to refresh the page :P

1/ When you enter the cave with the torch, on the first room you click on any available door.

2a/ If there is no pet on the next room, press F5 until you find one.

2b/ If there is a pet, free him from the tendrils, then click on any available door

3/ Repeat step 2. Either you return to Xandra and Brynn and you have to return in the cave for the remaining pets or you get all of them and you can leave the cave

It is really the quickest way! Randomly clicking and you might get lost :P

Announcements