TNT Adds "Silencing" And New PIN Option

hrtbrk

Yesterday's news revealed that TNT had added in a new "silencing" method. Instead of being frozen for breaking the rules (either on the Neoboards, in Neomails, on your lookup - etc) TNT will 'silence' you from certain parts of the website, where you will no longer be able to communicate with your fellow Neopians. The length of the silencing can be anywhere from a few hours to permanently.

Additionally, users with unconverted Neopets are now able to apply a PIN when asking to convert the Neopet.

2.png

I find it strange that people were talking about this just not too long ago here on TDN. Maybe TNT DOES look at TDN once in a while.

If that's the case: STOP HAVING SO MANY THINGS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH SPENDING MONEY! NOT ALL OF US ARE RICH YOU KNOW!

If that's the case: STOP HAVING SO MANY THINGS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH SPENDING MONEY! NOT ALL OF US ARE RICH YOU KNOW!

About the money, I totally agree with you. There's so many things that have to do with prize codes, the neomall, etc. these days...

Yes, the NC mall and the emphasis on the "benefits" of neocash are pretty annoying, but without NC the site would either 1) cost money or 2) have less updates, since they have less money, which means hiring less workers. :P

i dont have UC pets but i dunno.. i mean if an account is hacked surely a meager PIN would be easy-peasy for the hackers to get around?

Actually, not really. Most cases of "hacking" on neopets involve nothing more complicated than unwitting users being tricked out of their passwords. Most password scams don't go as far as to include requesting PIN information, as that looks truly suspicious.

That being said, that does not account for all hacking cases, there are still cases of people being cookie grabbed and such, but they are comparatively rare. :3

I am excited to see an implication of a silence system, even if TNT is years behind other sites in using it, and I do hope that TNT uses it to their advantage and the advantage of their users.

Also, please do pay attention to the distinction between a real, highly-skilled professional hacker and the crackers/scammers you get on Neopets. :yes: More information here.

• 2 years later...

Ah. I finally know what silenced means now. I thought it was someone going on a self-imposed break or something.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump old topics where the content is no longer new.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.